OGXbox.com

DuoX 3 stock bios

psyfer9983

I am not sure why you would want to use a EvoxM8 bios that has the IGR (in game reset) disabled and and use a outdated bios file.

I would use the EvoxM8plus and the X2-4983.67

But any way here you go

Evox M8 1.6.zip

4979.67_256k.zip

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Cool, thanks!

I need them for comparison. I have 1.6b console and trying to get the bios patched/flashed for the HDMI mod from MakeMhz. I have tried just about every 1.6 m8+ bios and the console will not boot except for the stock bios that came with the chip but I made a mistake and forgot to switch the bank and overwritten it while doing trail and error. So I'm going to have to do a HDD hotswap softmod so I can reflash the chip and wanted to put the stock bios back on it.

So you can't boot from that chip now?

You can't hot swap to a soft mod main board to flash a modchip because to flash a mod chip the Xbox need to be booted from the LPC and not the on board TSOP

You can hot swap the mod chip to fix it by booting from board that has the D0 linked to ground and a Aladdin mod chip (both Aladdin and the Duo X3 are 256kb bios size)with the BT on the chip linked to ground (pin 2) then just before you commit to flashing the Aladdin chip you swap it to you Dou X3 chip that has the switch in the correct position and the BT linked to pin 9 (3.3 volt) this forces the chip to be active then commit to flashing. When finished it should be fixed.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• 1 month later...

All good now! Had to get a new modchip. I got the same one so I could pull the flash chips off and dump them with my USB BIOS read/write adaptor to a BIN for safe keeping. I ended up flashing the dumps back the old one and got it working too. Now to move on to modding the BIOS BIN for the HDMI mod.

Question for anyone out there. Short of modifying a boot disk with BIOS files already on it (and modifying the hash files) and then burn that to disk, does anyone know of an easier way of flashing BINs to modchips? I would like to just have one boot disk that I can run a BIOS tool to load BINs from a USB drive or something. Having to mod a boot disk and then burn it is time consuming and I have enough coasters as it is.

Edited by psyfer9983