OGXbox.com

My Xbox Original Collection

XTA

Hey, So I have been a lurker on here for the past 3 months, Often its been alot of you guys that have helped me diagnose issues and fix them(Reading post with the same problems etc haha), So I thought I would make my first post today showing my consoles, I am going to be taking my pictures that I posted on Instagram of my consoles and explaining them, One thing is that I have tried to avoid very very rare consoles under ~1000 made since I will be moving from here in Australia to the US so I can't spend that type of money often so I don't really want to be shipping some $3000 console half way across the world haha. I keep my collection going by fixing, modifying and selling original xbox's. 

rfgrg.jpg.f6777d8c76c80d9d8a2eaf3a47f47925.jpg

I apologize for the horrible quality, I wish I knew what I did with the original photo, but this is my Halo 2 Asia, I purchased the console from Taiwan, The seller very generously gave me PRG2 NTSC-J Sealed (The Chinese version) which is my first sealed game (I don't really care for sealed games but I am not going to open one). Ever since I got mine I haven't seen one for sale again, The motherboard revision is 1.6A, It came with a Hitachi DVD drive (According to the last owner he replaced the DVD drive) 

DOA12.jpg.f852e1b5695ef4028d2660c8cb59c8e5.jpg

My Dead or Alive Ultimate Original Xbox, I purchased this console kind of on a whim, I wanted to buy a mountain dew and I ended up seeing this and buying it instead because I decided to wait the 2 years until I am in the US so I don't have to pay somewhere around $175 to import one (That's shipping plus GST and other random taxes) , I found this console for sale much cheaper than the other ones for sale, I am so thankful I did, Ever since I received it I have done some tasteful upgrades, First it is now TSOP flashed, I personally think flashing these consoles is a good thing as it makes preserving the console easier and also I don't ever plan on selling my consoles so I don't care if it affects value (Which I am pretty sure it doesn't). I have alot of access to Xbox hardware since I sell a lot of Xbox's so I upgraded the DVD drive in the console to a Hitachi drive (from the original Thompson). I have a 2TB to install in it so I can rip my games to it. Believe it or not, The mfg date is in 2004 but it has got a 1.0 motherboard.

1.thumb.jpg.9aa9012fba1efed0165194407d3c9efe.jpg

My 3 crystals, Which seems a bit excessive but I actually have an explanation for, One of them (The one up front) is a Crystal Limited Edition, Which I paid the same price as any normal crystal for, The 2 up back are normal crystals, One is a 1.4 which is TSOP flashed with iND 5.3k and has a 160GB HDD I stole from my PowerMac G4 and the 2nd is a 1.6 ModChipped console, The 1.6 is to go to my girlfriend when we move in together after I finish my Diploma, The 1.4 was a console that I restored, I got it completely rusted out with busted cap's but I got my hands on new RF shielding and replaced them caps and now she works and ofc being an Australian I need the Australian Xbox (Crystal LE) .

20210111_165355.thumb.jpg.f1ea117cab4cb6a8797286e7cd443b6e.jpg  

My Debug Kit, I have always wanted one of these consoles, MVG made me want one so you best believe when I got my chance for a decent deal (In Australia for one) I got it, I forked out somewhere around $350USD for this console, It was my first expensive collectable xbox, Luckily for me some Aussie bloke owned it and was selling it, I don't need to go over the differences cause you all probably know them, Its my favourite console, Now I think the best looking is the DoA but this is my favourite console out of all the ones I own. Its has DoAXBV on it so I really need to find my IDE HDD adaptor so I can dump the contents and compare them but I believe it may be a retail copy since the last owner said he replaced the HDD, Also funny memory with this one, the seller chucked it in one big Aus Post box put some bubble wrap on top and put another box on top and tapped it over but hey it came in one piece so I can't complain. 

IMG_20210310_190119_058.jpg.16032a05e8f754e7b4a4a90284ec8325.jpg

My Skeleton Black consoles, Unlike the crystal's I don't have a good reason for owning 2, I just saw 2 for good deals (Really one was a steal and one was meh), I think they look amazing, When I move however one will be going to my brother, I wanted to own 2 but my brother really wants one but he can't afford one right now, So I've told him I will give him a steal on one when I move, Bottom one is flashed with iND 5.3k and I upgraded the DVD drive to a Philips, They are both 1.0.

dfwdf.jpg.6572298c6c12aa420eae87bc0e7d279b.jpg

My Halo Special Edition, This console probably means the most to me, Since it was the first one, It was the one to start it all, Me and my brother got ours at the same time, A mate gave him one for free and I paid $200AUD for mine (Look at eBay prices now, Pretty good deal if you ask me), The controller on the console didn't come with it, I brought that controller myself, The console has a WD 500GB SATA Drive in it to hold my games, The Motherboard is a 1.2, It is TSOP flashed, It has a x2 BIOS on it that pretty much doesn't let you do anything haha (Probably a very early one, The original owner lifted both pads for enabling write on the TOSP, I have been planning to just run a jumper wire but I have been busy. IMG_20210309_144627_831.jpg.c6a3653d22514eb02a1cb9d71f0237c2.jpg

My Chinese version of Mech Assault, I am a simple man, I collect Original Xbox consoles and that's it, I own around 70 games but they are just games I have got along the way (I own my favourites ofc :), This is the first very rare game I went looking for, Lucky me I found the game for sale on Yahoo Auctions and brought it through Sendico (Not a bad service just expect to pay when it comes to shipping) Obvs I have talked about TSOPing NTSC-J Consoles on this post and this is how, I understand swapping the HDD to a PC during error screens and modchips etc but I wanted the game, I just want a reliable way to mod NTSC-J consoles, Yes this game works, I have softmodded 2 NTSC-J consoles no problem with this game, I payed an arm and a leg for the game but I think its worth it.

I also own maybe 7 black original xbox's but they will be sold soon so they aren't really a part of my collection and I think everyone here has a seen a black original xbox, The only console I would say I am after right now is a mountain dew but as I said earlier I am in no rush to get one, As for how these consoles get stored, I have a shelf in my room with the Crystals but the rest are stacked on my desk next to me, I play all of my consoles (Expect the Debug Kit haha). If you have any question's I don't mind answering them although I am not big on the how much did you pay for this etc just because I hate feeling like I am fLeXing my consoles haha, I don't know if listing my Instagram is against the rules here so I won't but umm its in every picture hahaha, I watermark my pictures so they don't get stolen by other people since I know all about that on Instagram. Also big thanks to thePiratePimp for being the first person to follow me on Instagram and now twitter and for reminding me to post here and stop being a damm lurker hahaha, Also yes these pictures were taken in my mother's garden before anyone mentions it xD.

Edited by XTA
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, bolofski said:

very tidy consoles :) here in the uk we werent treated to half of the special editions, we got black, crystals and green (and some halo green i think), ive always been tempted to import a skeleton, they look cool as feck!

Thank you! :), Here in Australia we got the same, Crystal's but we got the Crystal LE as well, Normal black ones, Halo Special edition and I think that's it, Japan for sure got the best looking consoles out of all of us, The skeleton is a great console they look even better IRL and they are normally a good price for how rare they are! 

This is the kind of special ones I have.

583414139_Xboxcolection.jpg.785865f528fed46d5f569e8a15fa7834.jpg

Halo                                                                Skelton     Crystal                                         X3CP  and a N64's 1.4ghz 128 meg ram board

I have plenty of stock Xbox's (approx. 25) as well as some more Halo's, Crystal's, X3CP

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

This is the kind of special ones I have.

583414139_Xboxcolection.jpg.785865f528fed46d5f569e8a15fa7834.jpg

Halo                                                                Skelton     Crystal                                         X3CP  and a N64's 1.4ghz 128 meg ram board

I have plenty of stock Xbox's (approx. 25) as well as some more Halo's, Crystal's, X3CP

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Nice console's man! I've been after a X3CP but I think I'll hold out till im in the states to pick one up, That's one thing I am missing for sure.

• 2 months later...

New addition to the collection!  I just got my new DVT4 today in the mail! I did a couple things to it today such as switching the 110v PSU to a 240v Delta PSU, Removing and cleaning the aftermath of the clock cap! It needs a new HDD so I will be adding a 120GB SSD (For reliability not speed since I plan to keep this console forever!), I switched a new working drive into it since the last one was dead! Here it is pictured next to my Debug Kit

9fff511b68c5edec2d02fece57eff987.jpg

• Like 1