OGXbox.com

oh Dear, another newb! Howdy Ho!

Rahhstah

Greetings!

well, I stumbled here probably like most else looking for info on  modding these days..

It's been so long since I had an original Xbox...the first one was a special Halo edition that I gave to the kid after they read the book "Ruskka". I don't even remember how many years ago that was..

Recently got 3 original Xbox, in various states of function...mostly it looks like the rubber band on the drive broke or no fan spin, so, they got stashed. Planning on putting in a OpenXenium mod chip and upgrading the HDD's so a few friends can play original Halo and TD4: Eve of Destruction...

We'll see how all that goes,

At any rate, glad to see the original XBox has a fan base, and a place to go when I screw something up soon ;)

Welcome! Glad you've had a chance to rediscover the Og Xbox. There's a lot your can do with a modded Xbox and if you want to learn and explore more, browsing around these forums are a great place to start. Also, a good resource is the FAQ and Tutorials area on the Xbox subreddit here. Of course, if you run into problems, don't hesitate to ask. There's usually a few folks lingering around that are happy to help.

Your drive belt should be easy to replace. It would be a great idea to clean the plastic mechanism parts with rubbing alcohol and adding fresh lubricant afterwards. Those drives are getting pretty old now days and can collect a lot of gunk.

Remember to remove your clock capacitors if you haven't already done so!

Cheers