OGXbox.com

Xecutor 2.3B basic how to

schmooot

I've purchased a box with the executor 2.3B chip as far as I can tell. 

Please forgive my noobishness, it's been years since I've played with this stuff. 

I managed to find an install guide for this chip but nothing that really tells me how to use it.  The three switches on the front for starters. 

From what I can gather, Switch one appears to be enable/disable the chip.  Switch 2 is to protect/unprotect the bios from flashing? and switch 3 is for Bank 1 and Bank 2?  Can anybody verify and explain purpose of the third one?

Next question, the hdd is set up in ways I don't understand.  I'm showing like 4 different drive paths/partitions.  C, E, F, G I think and they are full of junk I don't know what I can safely delete (and how)?  The C is where my emulators and roms are stored and it is partitioned for like 100mb and full, whereas there is 4 or 5 gigs of stuff in the other partitions.  Can I just take out this hdd (so I don't mess with a working machine), put in a different one and install an OS on it?

I want to start fresh with a clean OS (I have the newest hexen image burned already), I want only one partition, a different dashboard perhaps (I don't particularly like the XBMC on there)

Next question is how do I find out which bios is installed?  Should I install a new one or just leave it?  

2 hours ago, schmooot said:

From what I can gather, Switch one appears to be enable/disable the chip.  Switch 2 is to protect/unprotect the bios from flashing? and switch 3 is for Bank 1 and Bank 2?  Can anybody verify and explain purpose of the third one?

SW 1 is to allow you to load the stock BIOS/Dash so you could use Xbox Live without getting banned

SW 2 is to prevent accidental reflashing of the BIOS

SW 3 is for 2 different BIOS's

The only real reason to have multiple bios files is to boot to different dashboards

2 hours ago, schmooot said:

Next question, the hdd is set up in ways I don't understand.  I'm showing like 4 different drive paths/partitions.  C, E, F, G I think and they are full of junk I don't know what I can safely delete (and how)?  The C is where my emulators and roms are stored and it is partitioned for like 100mb and full, whereas there is 4 or 5 gigs of stuff in the other partitions.  Can I just take out this hdd (so I don't mess with a working machine), put in a different one and install an OS on it?

I want to start fresh with a clean OS (I have the newest hexen image burned already), I want only one partition, a different dashboard perhaps (I don't particularly like the XBMC on there)

C drive is normally the main boot drive

E drive is normally where the game saves and music are stored.

F and G are normally only present on 10gb and above drives and are for Game, Apps, Emulators

I would not randomly start deleting files as it may fail to boot, If there is nothing on the Xbox you really need or want use a installation disk ( OGXbox installation disk, Hexen) to remake the drive and install the dash you're after.

On my setups C drive is the boot drive and E drive has the game saves and xbmc4gamers dash with F and G drive used to hold the game files.

If you plan on having a HDD larger than 137gb you will need a new bios file flashed in the chip, the 2 BIOS file i recommended are Ind5004.67 and the EvoxM8 as both support 2tb or a 3tb(2.2tb useable) hard drive.

With that chip you need to flash both BIOS files a 1 file.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

Thanks for that info it is super helpful

I answered a few of my own questions before you replied.  I took a leap and downloaded and burnt the OGXbox installer.  Used it to format the hdd and flashed a new bios (holy crap there are a pile of them to choose from!) 

I will definitely take your advice and recommendations and start playing.

I would like to flash the Evoxm8 but I'm faced with a dozen different options/versions.  Is there a writeup somewhere on how I narrow it down?

24 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

What BIOS did you flash

Here's the one I chose. Menu after menu after menu, each one had more options than the last

EVOX 1.0-1.4 (It was this or 1.6)

EVOXM8+ (512KB) (the choices here were 256, 512, and 1024)

EVOXM8+ DEFAULT(512)

UNLEASH UX

ECE 67 YES DVD UX

It worked and I have a dashboard on boot...so I guess I didn't screw it up that bad

Edited by schmooot

On 3/7/2021 at 8:22 PM, SS_Dave said:

SW 1 is to allow you to load the stock BIOS/Dash so you could use Xbox Live without getting banned

SW 2 is to prevent accidental reflashing of the BIOS

SW 3 is for 2 different BIOS's

The only real reason to have multiple bios files is to boot to different dashboards

C drive is normally the main boot drive

E drive is normally where the game saves and music are stored.

F and G are normally only present on 10gb and above drives and are for Game, Apps, Emulators

I would not randomly start deleting files as it may fail to boot, If there is nothing on the Xbox you really need or want use a installation disk ( OGXbox installation disk, Hexen) to remake the drive and install the dash you're after.

On my setups C drive is the boot drive and E drive has the game saves and xbmc4gamers dash with F and G drive used to hold the game files.

If you plan on having a HDD larger than 137gb you will need a new bios file flashed in the chip, the 2 BIOS file i recommended are Ind5004.67 and the EvoxM8 as both support 2tb or a 3tb(2.2tb useable) hard drive.

With that chip you need to flash both BIOS files a 1 file.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

How do I modify the shortcuts on my dashboard?  Right now I have to go to the file manager and then browse for the emulator I want to use and load the default.xbe file.  I would like to be able to select "emulators" on my dashboard and just select the one I want from that list.  Is this possible?

Check where you have the emulators saved

On my xbmc they are saved  in E:\Apps\Emulators\ and F:\Apps\Emulators\

You can edit the sources.xml file that's in xbmc/UserData to direct xbmc to look any where you like.

Cheers

SS Dave

Hmmm I don't appear to have that file.  Here's what I see in my file list.  I did open up guisettings.xml to have a look but there is no reference to the shortcuts in there that I can see.  I did however find reference for the shortcuts in C:/config.xml and changed them to point to my Emulators folder (F:/Emulators) but it appears to have had no effect on my dashboard

xboxftp.png

That's good to here I know my XBMC is a older version (dated 2006) as I don't really use it I never bothered putting the later version on so the file structure is going to be different. 

Cheers

SS Dave