OGXbox.com

Need help identifying mod and how to get HDD cloned/upgraded

blastoid84

Hi, 

I have an OG Xbox with an unknow (to me) Mod, it was given to me maybe 10 years ago as it is now. The mod chip has a paper backing with no writing and the other side only has info re: the jumpers (pic), no identifiers that I could find. The boot screen shows XECUTER2 (pic) and the dashboard it goes to shows RemoteX v1.8.2812. It'll play backed up games and had one game loaded to the HDD listed in apps (not games), but due to E: being low on free space I deleted the data files for said game so it is up to over 4GB free now. 

I tried to upgrade the HDD with a 500GB SATA HDD using a PATA to SATA adapter (setting the jumper as needed) but the system would boot to a service error. I then tried a known good IDE drive which lead to the same error. Unless that is not a mod chip and this is soft modded?

I have HeXEn 2018 on DVD, booted to that and tried to install Chimp to E so that I could clone the data to another drive. It installs but when I go to my dashboard I do not see chimp but the files are on E:

1. Any ideas if this is soft modded or is that indeed a modchip? 
  2. Suggestions on how to proceed in getting another HDD in the system? I don't need any of the data on there, would just like to be able to get the drive in and FTP over some games. 
  3. Any other suggestions?

Thanks for reading!

Xboxchip.jpg

PXL_20210307_223920415.jpg

Edited by blastoid84
grammar

From memory that's a Xecuter 2 lite

You will need to reflash it with a BIOS that supports a 160 gb and up hard drive.

You can use either the EvoxM8 plus or the Ind5004.67, My preference is the EvoxM8 unless the board has been ram upgraded

evox_m8+_67.bin

iND-BiOS.5004.67.bin

Both can also be found on the OGXbox installer disk along with a BIOS flash program.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Thanks SS Dave, I was able to flash the chip and it sees a 160GB IDE I had for testing.

Just in case anyone else is doing the same, if you get an error when trying to flash see if the modchip has a jumper for flash. 

My only issue now is the junk SATA/PATA adapter I grabbed, but I'll work that out or order a startech. 

Edit- Thanks to KaosEngineer as well for the chip info!

Edited by blastoid84
added thanks for more info instead of doubleposting