OGXbox.com

[SOLVED] Open Xenium modchip on 1.0 red LED

Chungaloid

Hey all, I recently ordered a 1.0 motherboard and hdd off of ebay and went to mod it.  Before modding, I booted them up and found them to be working properly.  The clock cap was leaking bad so I replaced that.  I soldered up the pin header to the LPC, connected a wire to the D0 pad and routed that to the Open Xenium I have, and went to boot it up.  I'm greeted with a solid red LED on the modchip, and the xbox booting up into the normal bios.  Attempting to boot into XeniumOS by pressing the eject button yields the same results.  This modchip did originally come out of a 1.6, flashed with Evox M8+ 1.6. 

Just to rule out the modchip going bad on me, I wired it back up into the 1.6 and it booted perfectly.  I threw an Aladdin chip, that's also flashed with Evox M8+ 1.6, into the 1.0 also, and it will not boot into custom bios either.  I've reflowed my joints multiple times, and my D0 solder job is good (I believe lol), so I'm really not sure what's going on.  Any tips would be greatly appreciated.  LPC solder joints have been reflowed like 4 times so they look bad lol, forgive me.

20210306_204748.jpg

Try linking the D0 from the mother board to ground and not the chip and test again with the aladdin chip.

The EvoxM8 bios is fine on all versions of Xbox.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

It sounds like the D0 point is not soldered correctly.

If the D0 is grounded and no mod chip it will frag.

901256715_D0points1.png.80389f0c81584ad40e78e0c1f54456db.png

I am not sure where you grounded the alternative D0 before but can you try linking like this.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

4 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

901256715_D0points1.png.80389f0c81584ad40e78e0c1f54456db.png

I am not sure where you grounded the alternative D0 before but can you try linking like this.

Cheers

SS Dave

Okay, I will try and reflow the D0 point and try different ground points.  When using the aladin, I soldered the alternative D0 point to the spot in the attached pic.  Could I try and ground out the D0 with the open xenium as opposed to running the wire to the chip grounding point?  To be fair I really didn't scuff it up much with a fiberglass pen before soldering though.  I'm a shift worker so I'll be at work for the next few days, but when I get home I'll try all the different D0 and ground points and see if that works.  Thanks for the help so far!

20210307_094444.jpg

On 3/7/2021 at 5:02 AM, SS_Dave said:

So I ended up reflowing everything and I scuffed up my grounding point a bit with a fiberglass pen and I got the Xenium booting now!  Just wanted to let you know that your advice helped me out a bunch, so thanks Dave.

• 1 year later...
  • KaosEngineer changed the title to [SOLVED] Open Xenium modchip on 1.0 red LED