OGXbox.com

XBMC4GAMERS - Wont Start

hellgate24

Hey Guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Am having some issues getting XBMC4GAMERS to start on my 1.1.8 Rocky5 softmodded Xbox. When I launch the default.xbe it just bounces me straight back to the Rocky5 dashboard, I dont even get as far as the XBMC4Gamers splash screen. Other apps (Enigmah, XBPartitioner, even XBMC4XBOX) run fine, as do games from the G drive.

For background I am using a 1TB WD Green HDD, Sata/IDE converter with an 80 wire IDE cable, I have another softmodded Xbox which I have moved the HDD into and the same issue occurs here too. 

What's really bizarre is before I copied any games over to the Games folder on the G Drive XBMC4GAMERS started fine, but now wont. I've had a look around the XBMC4Gamers folder and cant see any log files to check. I've also removed and readded the XBMC4Gamers folder, and tried from the E/F/G partitions and same issue. My partitions show as they should do in XBPartitioner (120GB 16KB F, 803GB 64KB G)

Have tried running in both PAL and NTSC modes, 480p and 720p are enabled on the MS Xbox Dash, 1080i is disabled).

Have also rebuilt the HDD from scratch by secure erasing the disk and formatting again with XBOXHDMUSB. Same thing happens whereby XBMC4Gamers will run with fine with no games on the G Drive, but wont run after they have been added. Was coming down on this being something to do with the games, but if I rename the Games folder on the G drive to something else it still wont start.

Any help would be appreciated?

I would download a new copy of prebuilt version xbmc4gamers from rocky5's github

https://github.com/Rocky5/XBMC4Gamers

Then FTP it to E drive. I have mine in E:xbmc4gmers

The you should be able to navigate to E:\xbmc4gmers\default.xbe to lunch it.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.