OGXbox.com

Which Xenium Chip?

HDShadow

Thinking of doing another chip, probably on a v1.6, and I was wondering which is the best way to go rather than using an Aladdin.

There's Open Xenium Ice White/Gold/Sunset Red with v1.6 LPC rebuild board included available in the UK but there are also some interesting looking XeniumICE bundles I'd have to import from Aus. But even with shipping costs its not prohibitively expensive, in comparison.

Opinions or other suggested options?    

Edited by HDShadow

The RAM upgrade is way beyond my capabilities and tools.

Is that v1.6 Xcalibur prejudice or is there some other good reason not to 'waste' the chip on a v1.6?

Even though I said I wouldn't I'm toying with the idea of buying another Xbox in the hope of getting a working DVD drive out of it.

Personally I'd like a v1.2 or 1.3 simply because they're younger than a v1.0/v1.1 but my pro-fitted (2005) Xecuter 2.6CE is a v1.6 and I have had no problems with that at all except having to replace the power  board in 2016. Its had very heavy use over the years and my idea is reduce that by splitting time between it and another identically or at least similarly chipped one.     

There are a few options if you're looking at open xeniums. The Nemesis Xenium ClassicICE Massive bundle is very good, I have one myself.

There are also other variants such as the Xenium Fusion which can have either one lcd or up to two oled displays (I'm using one in my xbox mini)

Then there are open xeniums made by other guys in the US that are basically a different layout but pretty much do the same.

The top two have extra things such as replacement power/eject boards and controller port led boards, all with rgb led's and all are controlled by the modchip. To be fair they're all good, it just depends if you want all the bells and whistles or not.