OGXbox.com

Modified XBox done in 2003-2004

Finkly

Modified XBox done in 2003-2004.

I had my XBox modified in 2003-2004 with a new hard drive and fan installed that allowed me to play every game made up to that time from Nintendo,Sega, so on and so on.  Trying to get it back up and running but it’s still doing the same thing it started to do back in 2006.  I have a separate circuit and toggle switch on the outside that would allow me to play regular Xbox games and then I would turn on the toggle switch to play off the added hard drive.  Now all it does is power on and off before just turning the on button red!  Anybody remember modifying a Xbox back then??   Thanks for any feedback

IMG_5587.jpg

IMG_5594.jpg

IMG_5593.jpg

IMG_5592.jpg

IMG_5591.jpg

IMG_5589.jpg

Edited by Finkly
Needed to add pictures

What happens if you try and power on the Xbox with the modchip unplugged from the main board?

It should boot to the MS dash display a error message on the screen

I suspect the switches are not  in the correct position try sw1 ,4 down and 2,3 up.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SS_Dave said:

What happens if you try and power on the Xbox with the modchip unplugged from the main board?

I suspect the switches are not  in the correct position try sw1 ,4 down and 2,3 up.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

That gave it some life mate!! Ok 

1 hour ago, SS_Dave said:

Cheers

SS Dave

But when I leave the toggle switch on and start it again powers on and off and then the front disc button goes green/red/