OGXbox.com

Chungaloid

Hey all.  Sorry if this has been posted, but I searched and couldn't really find anything.  I have a 1.0 Xbox that was handed to me by a friend.  He said he couldn't remember much about it, but that him and his kid tried to mod it a long time ago, and now it isn't working.  Upon opening it, I found a pin header, no modchip, tsop points soldered, and the underside D0 pad ripped off.  When I try to start the xbox, it cycles power 3 times then frags out.  I'm assuming this is due mainly to the ripped D0 trace.  I've tried repairing the trace, and bridging the two pads connected by the green line, but I can't seem to get the solder to stick.  Is there any other way to repair this, or is this the only way?  Relatively new to xbox modding so any tips would be appreciated.  Thank you!  

20210225_221003.jpg

Yes linking that trace should fix it 

It looks like you had the iron to hot and keep the heat there to long.

This is the wire I use.

61jzjgkDMVL._SX425_.jpg.54fdbe4522641d728c8b310cd373c693.jpg

You can also use wire from a Cat5 cable, it's a bit thicker but you probably have a old patch lead you can cut up.

This is good to clean the masking/paint from the trace to expose the copper underneath 

1158599507_1FiberPed.jpg.f2965aff5cc1754da19972d42daeb017.jpg

I also recommend you use 60/40 solder with a maximum size of 1.0mm preferably 0.8mm with extra flux paste, Lead free solder i harder to work with nd needs a higher iron temp.

Practice soldering on a old non working computer main board or a PC video card.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

Thanks for both the replies gentlemen, it's greatly appreciated!  Now the pad was already ripped off when I got it, but you can see at the via that I was burning the board also, so I will certainly turn the iron down... what temps do y'all usually run your irons at?  I also have awg30 wire, flux, and 60/40 solder.  Only thing I'm missing is a fiberglass pen, which I now have on order.  It'll probably get here on the 2nd, so I'll check in sometime after that and let y'all know how it went.  Thanks guys!