OGXbox.com

XBOX 1.0 w/ upgraded HDD having troubles FTPing a certain amount of Xbox games

Skrumpkin

Hi,

I have a hard modded OpenXenium chip with a 1 TB WD Blue HDD.  I have everything set up and I am trying to get more than 200 GB - with more than  > 200 GB left on a partition.  Filezilla is not letting me do that.  I am just trying to transfer the titles.  They are all HDD ready for transfer but they do not go through at a certain point.  They  all become failed transfers.  The bios I am using is unleashed x from the OGXBOX installer.  It was not flashed by the program but was transferred by my network.  It is a CEE bios.   I switch dashboard sometimes.  The only one that I have on there that is not preinstalled is Emulation Station. I had used the DVDmulleter to get the bios necessary.  The HDD has been partitioned correctly having being split from F to G the remaining left.  I am fairly new to this and any advice to help would be beneficial.

Edited by Skrumpkin

6 hours ago, GoTeamScotch said:

What BIOS are you using?

How did you format your hard drive? What app/method did you use?

Bios is EvoX.m8.cee.67.noDVD.XBMC.256.  I used the XBPartitioner.  Is there some special way of doing it?

2 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

You has formated your HDD twice ( Format -> Reboot -> Format+Setup ) because of the XBP bug?

Matterfactly I did but it I did it a second time after format after the set up.  Is that the correct way of doing it?

I can always do it again.  I just want to know if it is something I did other than those things you had described. Maybe I'm just forgetful... We don't all get it right the first time.  Hahaha.

Edited by Skrumpkin

10 minutes ago, Skrumpkin said:

Bios is EvoX.m8.cee.67.noDVD.XBMC.256.  I used the XBPartitioner.  Is there some special way of doing it?

Matterfactly I did but it I did it a second time after format after the set up.  Is that the correct way of doing it?

I can always do it again.  I just want to know if it is something I did other than those things you had described.

First of, I have checked the bios file to ensure it is ok which it is. Not sure why you don't use the flasher but hey, you can do what ever you want.

Second. " I just want to know if it is something I did other than those things you had described. ". Well if it isn't allowed to ask questions which helps to locate the error, how should we find out? And if you don't want a explanation of things, which i assume after that, fine. 

Finaly. If you has read the info files in the installer how to set up a HDD and you has followed the instructions there, you should be fine. If not you made a mistake somewhere. And you can format your HDD after the first initial formate & setup (which meens 2 x format) as often as you like.

Like explained to you before the bios will not flash on to my chip.  It just won't.  It says I'm doing a WINBON TSOP after I go into the modchip selection to flash the modchip.  Why it does that.  I don't know.  It also says the chip is protected at on the main screen describing that stats of my machine on the right.  Maybe that is the problem?

I'll format it again and see if that is the issue.  I'm just trying to understand what I am doing wrong.  That is all.  I am by no means an expert.  I'll do it again and get back to you in a couple of days.

1 hour ago, Skrumpkin said:

I'll format it again and see if that is the issue.  I'm just trying to understand what I am doing wrong.  That is all.  I am by no means an expert.  I'll do it again and get back to you in a couple of days.

When you run the xbpartitioner I have found that set the size to 10 or 20 gb smaller then format and reboot the run Xbpartitioner again and press B to set both 6 and 7 to maximum and equal space, then format and reboot.

On the 1tb drive you can set partition 6 to maximum then reduce by 10gb format reboot then set to max, format reboot and then you should have about 900gb of F drive

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

2 hours ago, Skrumpkin said:

It just won't.  It says I'm doing a WINBON TSOP after I go into the modchip selection to flash the modchip. 

You need to use the XeniumOS to flash a new BIOS to the OpenXenium (OX) modchip.  I don't think the Evoxdash used in OGXbox Installer 2021 can write a BIOS to the OX modchip.  Interesting that it says you are trying to flash a Winbond TSOP. 

Is the flash chip on your Xbox's motherboard a Winbond chip?

See the various ogXbox TSOP (Thin Small Outline Package) EEPROMs that hold the Xbox's BIOS (aka Kernel) on the motherboard:

https://imgur.com/c4BBUWO

On 2/26/2021 at 3:58 AM, SS_Dave said:

When you run the xbpartitioner I have found that set the size to 10 or 20 gb smaller then format and reboot the run Xbpartitioner again and press B to set both 6 and 7 to maximum and equal space, then format and reboot.

On the 1tb drive you can set partition 6 to maximum then reduce by 10gb format reboot then set to max, format reboot and then you should have about 900gb of F drive

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Actually I fixed this issue by deleting F and G so they did not exist, formatting and rebooting in OGXBOX Installer.  I re-added them the next boot by a 50/50 partition by the amount of space between them.  I added all the stuff I wanted.  So that fixed it.  What I noticed before was a ER where the number ex. 32 next to the partition.  So, I did that.   If it looked like I was blaming someone but I just didn't know.

On 2/26/2021 at 4:34 AM, KaosEngineer said:

You need to use the XeniumOS to flash a new BIOS to the OpenXenium (OX) modchip.  I don't think the Evoxdash used in OGXbox Installer 2021 can write a BIOS to the OX modchip.  Interesting that it says you are trying to flash a Winbond TSOP. 

Is the flash chip on your Xbox's motherboard a Winbond chip?

See the various ogXbox TSOP (Thin Small Outline Package) EEPROMs that hold the Xbox's BIOS (aka Kernel) on the motherboard:

https://imgur.com/c4BBUWO

https://www.flickr.com/photos/192333431@N02/shares/79267J

I haven't the slightest clue.  I took a photo for reference.  It kind of does with the logo.... 🧏

Edited by Skrumpkin