OGXbox.com

Question existential !

sosai880

The N64 freak HDMI is one of the best although it is just a component and digital audio to HDMI converter.

There is also a Digital HDMI from MakeMHX that gets a digital signal before the video chip and and output HDMI but you need above average soldering to fit it.

https://makemhz.com/

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, sosai880 said:

Do, all the fucki/ng hdmi solutions of output signal video make REALLY a better picture than the best component ''for the same resolution'', or it's ONLY for not loose quality during  passage to hdmi or upscaling ?

;) Thanks and sorry. 

Not all HDMI cables are made equally, no. Whether or not you'll notice or care about the difference in picture quality is a different story.

The HDMI adapter cables made by Pound and Hyperkin are okay, but aren't as good as N64 Freak's internal HDMI mod or Kekule's HDMI cable. The Pound and Hyperkin cables can sometimes show lines or visual noise in the video signal (the amount of visual noise can vary per Xbox even).

The cheap $6 Xbox component cables on eBay usually suck, so anything else is a better option. If your TV has component inputs and you can find a good set of component cables, then there's no real need to get an HDMI cord/adapter.

Like Dave said, MakeMHZ's HDMI mod is supposedly the best option out there, but it also requires that you solder it onto your Xbox and not everyone is comfortable performing that process.

• Thanks 1

It,s bad because I have already the monster and I went upgrade my xbox and my picture. So I can do nothing more for give me a passe time and upgrade my  xbox. 

I  have already the monster, so I will keep it and to buy the framemeister if I want play on a recent tv.  But now  it's useless with my  TV 720p. So with my 720p and without sofmod, the ossc or other soluce are useless for me. 

Yes I had the chance to see the new makemhz on the net. It's so complicated. I need xenium-sofmod-dashboars-lpc rebuild-  solder. I never do all that. 

If it's possible for someone like me ( with video that explain A to Z ) I will try but perhaps it's impossible for me. 

6 hours ago, sosai880 said:

It,s bad because I have already the monster and I went upgrade my xbox and my picture. So I can do nothing more for give me a passe time and upgrade my  xbox. 

I  have already the monster, so I will keep it and to buy the framemeister if I want play on a recent tv.  But now  it's useless with my  TV 720p. So with my 720p and without sofmod, the ossc or other soluce are useless for me. 

All the HDMI conversions out there with the exception of the MakeMHZ and the Citrus3000psi versions are just a component to HDMI converter the difference is 2 of them use digital audio and a better conversion chip (N64 Freak, Chimerc systems) and the rest are a basic RGB with analog audio to HDMI (Wii2HDMI).

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

Ok, So I 'm trying to buy the chimeric, and next, I wil buy the makemhz or n64 freak. And add a upscaler ( if the doawnloaded games don't existe in 1080p directly) And after, installe sofmods. 

( sofmod for use controller without dongle, and compatible for makemhz or n64, compatible with the best cd drive that I will find (perhaps itachi)+ to get emulator game of Halo and GTa in 720p) ( And if the 128mb are useless 99% of time like somone said here, I will keep my 1.6)

Yes I need to structure my purchase. 

Thanks

On 2/27/2021 at 8:25 AM, sosai880 said:

Ok, So I 'm trying to buy the chimeric, and next, I wil buy the makemhz or n64 freak. And add a upscaler ( if the doawnloaded games don't existe in 1080p directly) And after, installe sofmods. 

( sofmod for use controller without dongle, and compatible for makemhz or n64, compatible with the best cd drive that I will find (perhaps itachi)+ to get emulator game of Halo and GTa in 720p) ( And if the 128mb are useless 99% of time like somone said here, I will keep my 1.6)

Yes I need to structure my purchase. 

Thanks

For Xbox games the 128mb upgrade is useless. The only place it made any difference for me was with console emulation, specifically the N64. Most N64 games would play horribly prior to the upgrade and quite well after. If you are mostly using the Xbox for playing Xbox games you aren't missing out on anything.

• Thanks 1