OGXbox.com

Which pot belongs to which laser?

Bassquake

I have a Samsung SDG-605 and need to tweak the pots for laser as it's having difficulty reading. Have snapped a pic and wondering if anyone knows which is for the CD laser and which is the DVD one?

I didn't want to have to keep taking drive out to tweak them individually and test and nauseum!

Thanks.

IMG_24022021_225417_(1080_x_1080_pixel).jpg

I believe the one closest to the 73 marking on the flex pcb is the DVD laser pot.

Edit: Is this a new laser assembly or the one originally installed in the drive?  

If a new assembly, did you remove the two (2) anti-static protection solder bridges on the side of the assembly?

The two shiny dots to the right of the dark brown and tan colored flex cable connector in the picture below.

SOH-D16RS.jpg.a8b0c8f61c3f2c5b35dfd58e6661ab62.jpg

Source: https://alltroniccomputer.com.sg/products/cd-dvd-xbox-optical-pickup-sohdr16s-soh-dr16-samsung

Hi KaosEngineer. It's the original assembly in the drive. Thanks for pointing out which is dvd laser.

I saw that video. It could do with proper closeup! I figured out it's the 2 bottom pins of the pot you put ohmmeter on.

On mine:

73 (dvd) = 2.17

77 (cd) = 1.00

I set the DVD one to 2.10 and it can read DVDs fine now! CD doesn't work yet, will adjust at some point.

• Like 1