OGXbox.com

Sata HDD Issue - Error 13,16 & 21

KpCollins

All Xbox's I mention are Tsop'd 1.0,1.1& 1.4 .I'm receiving the errors above, this is only with the sata HDD and a convertor I got off ebay. I have one in another tsop xbox and it runs fine

So I have 3 convertors, all are the same and 1 runs just fine. The other 2 give the error codes above.

The one working is using the original Xbox's IDE Cable with a slow 5400rpm 2tb Drive. Works flawlessly

The other 2 Tsop xboxs ( 1.0 & 1.4 ) do not want to accept the Sata Drives, Their original Stock HDD with UNleashX Dahboard works fine on both.

All drives are set to unlocked

the 1.4 runs EvoM8+

The 1.0 Run x2 5035? Think thats right. - Same as the 1.1 that works.

I've read this could be an issue with the Sata Adaptor, IDE Cable only being 40wire, Drives or Both.

Its worth mentioning I've tried a few different hdd's with the same issue on all Sata's. I can get Hexen2020 to boot on both but Hexen also struggles to read the drives.

On the 1.4 I backup the Eeprom to the HDD and it will boot but to the Xbox Dash and as soon as I try with the UnleashX Dash I get the errors again.

I am close to ordering an 80wire ide cable to try see if this resolves it, Failing that The more expensive adaptor for IDE made by Star tech which i'd wished to avoid.

1 more thing, the IDE to Sata Adaptors being set to Master gives the error. Without the Pin in cable select does nothing but freeze on the Blob Screen

Slave mode causes it to freeze also.

Any advise is really appreciated.

This is the exact one I have. Thing is the 2tb works just fine with it.

It's the smaller HDDs I'm struggling with 3.5 or 2.5. I've tried 40gb up to 750 all with the same.

I have an update, I got a different ide cable from my dad. Still a 40wire but it worked flawlessly on the 1.4 board but the 1.0 still a no. Same cable both adapters