OGXbox.com

Need help how to softmod from hardmod and then TSOP flashing

geohunk

Hi guys,

So I was given an Xbox 1.0 from a friend that is chipped and has a 120gb HDD. Unfotunately the chip does not have support for HDD larger than 120gb and I am unable to flash the chip's BIOS (evox says it is not flash writeable).

I'm basically in a bind to find a guide on how to softmod this box and tsop it from a modchip because I don't know what type of chip it is and how to disable it. Pictures below: 

Apologies for the very dusty MB, lol! As always any guidance will be highly appreciated.

20210223_142409.jpg

That is an Xecuter 1.0 / 1.1. And if the PDF is right which i have here the chip is not flashable.

And i guess you have an XBox 1.0 because the chip is for this version of xbox only (but not 100% sure about that)

EDIT : Could also be a clone of the Xecuter

Screen : https://imgur.com/a/aJFuZej

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny

You have the right idea. 

You can't TSOP flash if you have booted from a modchip.

I have a old stock hard drive that I can lock to the Xbox the then disconnect the D0 wire (green wire on the chip) and add the 2 links required then boot the Xbox and I use the 007AUF hack to flash the TSOP. Then I unlock the hard drive for next time.

I would just disconnect this end until it is booting 100% then you can remove it completely

20210223_142409.thumb.jpg.f123c9b295f018a329e71df3fcb66a92.jpg.8cb8342d68959f0edfbd267639906a26.jpg

Here is the 2 links needed,

You don't need to worry about the red wire that for a Sharp brand TSOP.

1183600015_version1tosp.thumb.jpg.a4d6ae8e7101cd4ddcd891eecba356dd.jpg

On the Hexen disk (and probberly on the OGXbox installer disk) is a return to stock option that you could use and then use the 007AUF, Splinter Cell, Mechassault, hack

Someone else should be able to explain how to softmod your hard drive so you can boot to it with the D0 disconnected (I don't softmod)

Removing that chip completely is not as easy as it looks and many a person as ripped traces off the board tring, If you not 100% confident just remove the green wire and leave the chip there.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

20 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

On the Hexen disk (and probberly on the OGXbox installer disk) is a return to stock option that you could use and then use the 007AUF, Splinter Cell, Mechassault, hack

Someone else should be able to explain how to softmod your hard drive so you can boot to it with the D0 disconnected (I don't softmod)

There is one on the OGXbox installer "3.2. Factory Reset.". And this option copies the softmod files as well as backdoor in case someone miss used the function. Better safe than sry ,right?

So basicly he would just to use "3.2. Factory Reset.", disable the chip and boot with one of the supportet games. Before that he should see if the harddisk is looked and if not he should look it. Config Magic (Option "3.5.2. Launch Config Magic v1.6.1") is his frind.

Thats it.

As always the support here is awesome and really appreciate the replies. So yeah I haven't been able to focus on the xbox since I posted the question here...but regarding the HDD..I checked on unleashx dash and it says it is locked. So I'm assuming it is locked specifially to this box even though it is chipped? I mean I don't think it is possible to be locked with another XBOX's eeprom now can it? Apologies I really don't know the history of this box since it was just handed to me.

It needs to be able to boot without the modchip so depending on how the hard drive is set up it you will need either a softmod or a stock MS dash

If you use the option 3.2 from the OGXbox installers disk and then use the Splinter cell hack to flash the TSOP, I would use the X2-5035.67 bios (512kb) or the Ind5004.67 bios (256kb)

The reason I suggested only disconnecting one side of the green wire is if it all goes wrong you can connect that wire and boot from a install disk again.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Just another precaution bridging those TSOP points is not as easy as it looks in the pictures, specially if you have never done this before. Those points are very tiny, Use some sort of magnifying glass and very low heat soldering iron with a fine tip. Tin a 30AWG wire and use that as point to point contact for soldering. Lifting traces is very common side effect of high heat soldering irons. I have been there and done that trace lifting on my first TSOP and bridging alternative points becomes another added task which is not easy either.

And thanks to Dave's Signature that gave me the encouragement and guts to do my first TSOP Flash😀

Good Luck!

On 2/23/2021 at 12:43 PM, Raja said:

Just another precaution bridging those TSOP points is not as easy as it looks in the pictures, specially if you have never done this before. Those points are very tiny, Use some sort of magnifying glass and very low heat soldering iron with a fine tip. Tin a 30AWG wire and use that as point to point contact for soldering. Lifting traces is very common side effect of high heat soldering irons. I have been there and done that trace lifting on my first TSOP and bridging alternative points becomes another added task which is not easy either.

And thanks to Dave's Signature that gave me the encouragement and guts to do my first TSOP Flash😀

Good Luck!

If someone’s not comfortable with soldering, they can always use conductive paint/glue. It works fine and mitigates the risk factor as long as you apply it correctly, i.e. not dumping a huge glob down that bridges more than just the two points in each location.