OGXbox.com

Back at it!

Kyosho_Tom

Hello from SE Michigan. I pulled my Xbox out of the closet today. I was going to fire it up and see what all I had done to it (Its been a while). I know it's a v1.6 with a Xenium Gold and I installed a Seagate 7200 rpm/ 120GB hdd in it, loaded with ROMs. Turns out my TV needs an adapter to connect RCA A/V, LoL....figures. I'll get it sorted, but just wanted to say hello and its nice to see OG Xbox modding still going strong! I was on the Llamma forums back in the day.

Doing some research, looks like there are some really cool things to do with Xbox's since back in the day. Adding an HDMI port is certainly one of the coolest. The install looks a (little) scary, but it was the price that scared me away. Guess with time, maybe the prices will come down to a reasonable level. One thing I plan on doing is a case mod. I didn't really get into that until the 360 days and that lead to PC mods as well. I am seeing some pretty cool case mods, one of my favorites is the windows in the front part of the X showing the DVD drive & Hdd. This would only be good with windows in those as well, so lots of work in my future. :)