Here I provide a "Fixed" version of TruHeXEn 2020 because so many ppl. "complain" about this disk or reporting bugs (Mostly in a way they should be reportet) so I decided to see what I can do because even ToXicMedz is aware of some of this he seems not very interested in fixing any of it (I could be wrong here but thats how it looks to me.).

Reason two is, that many ppl. don't like other installers, for what ever reason.

How ever, here is a changelog of this version and under it you will find the folder download links for both versions on Mega and 1fichier:

********************************************************************************                           
*************************** TruHeXEn 2020 FiXEd ***************************
********************************************************************************

Removed over way over 1500 faulty (and basicly not needed) commend lines which
are massively slow down the xbox.

Replaced the faulty noDVD bioses with working ones to fix the cold boot bug.

Closed the open tags (over ratet I know) and fixed some other little things
as well and finaly made the majority of the scrips looking nice.

Removed the annoying password crap.

Added the option to flash a noDVD bios to the Winbond TSOP.

I split of the Chip/TSOP part from the Softmod part to increase
the boot speed even more. Now there's a TruHeXEn.xbe (cfg\01.xml) and
a TruHeXEnSoftMod.xbe (cfg\02.xml). The main option 2 links strait to
the softmod part.

Fixed the numbering which was missing and also changed some because of
the cfg split.

I have made the BFM bios new and also changed it's name
and the name of the root.xbe. Both are nemed TruHeXEn now.

And I fixed the BFM bios in the HeXEn tools as well.

I updated the following apps to the latest build:

XBMC
XBMC-Emustation
XBMC4Gamers
ConfigMagic v1.6.1.

I also have made changes to the "Shutdown" option (no biggy here).
It will now clean up the installation by default and also eject the
installer and close the tray afterwards.

Finaly, I thought it's nice to offer this one as Static IP & DHCP build.
So, TruHexen 2020 Fixed is available as Static IP & DHCP build. :)

Folder download links:

https://1fichier.com/dir/KjEHFO6m
https://mega.nz/folder/YVVHRARK#31ugTQiRblh_Q-_zqgrpug

PEACE!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
2 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

How nice of you to fix it. :)

I was a bit bored and though - Why not?

But even some things are fixed now ppl. should not expect wonders. The disk will boot faster now because of the cfg split and the cfg cleanup and it will make less problems because of the closed tags but somewhere is a major bug I wasn't able to find which prevents to add more apps or change some other things (if you do any of those, the disk will not boot anymore and i can not say why). First of i thout it's the BFM bios or even the root.xbe thats why i made both new but what ever I try it will still crash (It's like the same as with the ConfigMagic v1.6 bug which Rocky5 has fixed).

How ever, this release will do it's job without the problems mentioned in the changelog and it will be faster as the original but thats it. I Hope it will work for the ones who don't like any other installer.

Finaly, if ToXicMedz decides to make a new version, i would highly suggest to make it from scratch because the 2020 is just a hole mess. Maybe Slayer should think of making a new version. Slayer never failed on me. ;)

Peace.

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny
The usual... ;)
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

but somewhere is a major bug I wasn't able to find which prevents to add more apps or change some other things (if you do any of those, the disk will not boot anymore and i can not say why).

Adding more apps in which subfolder of the XISO: Apps, Applications or Appz in ZIP or RAR archives?

That adding apps problem interest me too. I was going to post about it earlier today but was side tracked.

In HeXEn 2017 itself there are three folders for apps: "Applications", "Apps" and "Appz" with the "Apps" one marked as being specifically for user added apps.

I've always wondered why it was organised like that. 

Edited by HDShadow
9 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Adding more apps in which subfolder of the XISO: Apps, Applications or Appz in ZIP or RAR archives?

6 hours ago, HDShadow said:

That adding apps problem interest me too. I was going to post about it earlier today but was side tracked.

In HeXEn 2017 itself there are three folders for apps: "Applications", "Apps" and "Appz" with the "Apps" one marked as being specifically for user added apps.

I've always wondered why it was organised like that. 

Dosn't metterwhich folder you use. If you put zip files in Appz (which i tired ~ 60MB) the disk refuses to boot. If you place "live apps" in the folder Apps folder (which i have also tried ~80MB) the disk wont boot. And because the Applications folder basicly hold "live apps", i tired this folder as well but the disk fails again. Even you make your own folder which i have also tried the disk fails.

I also tried it with TueHexen 2019 as well but the same happens. I have also tried to pack the disk with Qwix instead of XDVDMulleter, which i use for the OGXBox installer, but that changed nothing.

And why the disk is organised this way is a good question which only ToXicMedz could answer. The only point in the Hexen config where the folder is listed is in "9. XBox Admin" -> "Applications" and there are listet both, Applications and Apps (Will say, basicly one of these could be deletet which i also have tried but....).

You can trie it you selfs. Grab ~ 80 - 100 MB of files (zip files, folder dosn't matter) repack the image with it and run it in xemu. But don't waste DVD's like i did.

And side note. You guys maybe remeber the first try of me making this Tru3HeXen update thing? This disk had also a funny bug. It booted on 1 SATA XBox but not on an IDE one (Dave will rember that time testing all these countless betas I have made till i startet my own OGXBox installer).

So, I have made what was possible without crashing the TurHexen installer. I will see if can do more when I'm borred again but it's not the only thing I#m working on but, if any one has a idea, let me know.

Peace!

I have played a bit further with the image and was able to add some apps to it. If you add more it will still crash.

I also have found a bad bug in the Sharp flasher (I bet 100 bucks never ever someone was able to flash a  Sharp TSOP with Hexen).

How ever, these are the last changes i have made to this image. It's simply not worth to try to fix it further because you are faster to made it new from scratch. How ever I'm pretty sure some ppl. will be happy with this one until some one get his finger out - again.

Finaly i would suggest to not use the original hexen/truhexen 2019 or 2020 anymore. If you understand xml coding and a bit of how the xbox or better UX handels files, have a look at the original config of TruHeXEn your self and you will find out why. Even if not you will find planty of thing which don't come toghter.

The new and final images are online on mega and 1fichier (1fichier are hotlinks). Check the links in the first post.

Changelog 20.02.2021 :

Added :

Fixed the Sharp flash process. Now it works to flash a Sharp TSOP!
EvoX m8+ FG CEE noDVD

I also was able to add some live apps:
BiosChecker
Config Magic
EvoXBlast
ramcheck
xbox version checker
XBlast OS

I have also added UiX Lite Beta 0.9.5 (Dashboard which will be installed by default (no extra install))

I slightly updated the skin.ini and background and changed the menu. Like it not. 

A little quote from the Credits.txt (no one realy reads...)

Any fool can write a batch file....

Clearly not or, someone isn't a fool. (Pick which answer you like more.)

Just a n00b. Peace!

• Like 1

Basicly the hole thing but he defines a folder where is non " <Item Action="copy" Arg1="E:\HexIns\BIOS\" Arg2="E:\Delete Me\BIOS\"/> ".

Thats why i wrote no one ever has flashed a sharp tsop with this.

And see all the other crap going on just to flash a bios. Coping dashboards, tools for no reason ect. pp. If you do it clean, you make sure there is no "bios.bin" file because UX will not overwrite em if there is one. It would do it if you use unzip but not if you use copy like in this case. So if there would be a bios.bin from a winbond you are screwed. How ever, i aim at the line above but at the end it's simply all. And thats not only for the Sharp, it for all bios files.

Original:

<List Text="SHARP ONLY ONLY USE ON A SHARP TSOP" Sort="off" Batch="True">
<Item Action="AskUser" Arg1="WARNING" Arg2="Do NOT use this to flash a modchip or a non-SHARP TSOP. It doesn't resize the BIOS This is a 1MB bios foe a 1.1 xbox, if you mess up you will have to do a chip hotswap to repair using the d6 tsop bios  Press No to abort if you are unsure."/>
<Item Action="AskUser" Arg1="WARNING" Arg2="IN PARTICULAR, DO NOT USE THIS ON A CHIPPED 1.6 XBOX - THE BIOSes SUPPORT 1.1 Sharp tsop XBOXes only. IT IS DESIGNED PURELY TO FLASH 1.1 XBOXes WITH 1mb Sharp TSOP FLASH CHIPS. Proceed?"/>
<Item Action="AskUser" Arg1="Winbond Flash" Arg2="This launches Resctoox to flash a 1mb BIOS to a 1mb Sharp tsop. Once Resctoox launches, use the D-pad to select 'Advanced' (you need to be quick - it only gives you 5 seconds!), then select Flash Menu-HDD Flash. Choose C:\BIOS\bios.bin, and Resctoox will flash your chip. Proceed?"/>
<!Copy dashboards to E:\Dash\>
<Item Action="copy" Arg1="D:\Dash\" Arg2="E:\Dash\"/>
<!Copy HeXEn Tools to E:\>
<Item Action="copy" Arg1="D:\HeXEn Tools\" Arg2="E:\HeXEn Tools\"/>
<!Add Splash screen and video settings>
<Item action="copy" arg1="E:\Delete Me\Reset\blank.txt" arg2="E:\UDATA\9e115330\0064122817A8\"/>
<Item action="delete" arg1="E:\UDATA\9e115330\0064122817A8\"/>
<Item action="copy" arg1="D:\Configs\UnleashX Files\NTSC\9e115330\" arg2="E:\UDATA\9e115330\"/>
<!Create space on the C partition for the BIOS and the dash>
<Item Action="copy" Arg1="E:\HeXEn Tools\Reset\blank.txt" Arg2="C:\dualboot\filler.img"/>
<Item Action="delete" Arg1="C:\dualboot\filler.img"/>
<!Copy the BIOS to C>
<Item Action="copy" Arg1="E:\HexIns\BIOS\" Arg2="E:\Delete Me\BIOS\"/>
<Item Action="copy" Arg1="E:\Delete Me\BIOS\sharp.bin" Arg2="C:\BIOS\bios.bin"/>
<!Clean up>
<Item Action="copy" Arg1="D:\HeXEn Tools\Reset\" Arg2="E:\Delete Me\Reset\"/>
<Item Action="delete" Arg1="E:\Delete Me\"/>
<!Launch Resctoox to flash the chip>
<Item Action="unzip" Arg1="D:\Appz\Resctoox.zip" Arg2="E:\Delete Me\Resctoox\"/>
<Item Action="E:\Delete Me\Resctoox\default.xbe"/>
</List>

If you try to do it save and clean :

<List Text="SHARP ONLY ONLY USE ON A SHARP TSOP." Sort="off" Batch="True">
<Item Action="copy" Arg1="D:\Bios\sharp.bin" Arg2="C:\Bios\bios.bin"/>
<Item Action="delete" Arg1="C:\Bios\bios.bin"/>
<Item Action="copy" Arg1="D:\Bios\sharp.bin" Arg2="C:\Bios\bios.bin"/>
<Item Action="unzip" Arg1="D:\Appz\Resctoox.zip" Arg2="E:\Apps\Resctoox\"/>
<Item Action="E:\Apps\Resctoox\default.xbe"/>
</List>

Hexen is just a mess and it provides even more and more crap the longer you look at it. Sry to say that but it is the truth. Just spend an hour and search the original config your self just for fun.

Eveyone should stay away from hexen and use something else till there is maybe a new version of it. Slayers or AiD should do the job a 100 times better and safer.

• Thanks 1

Yes I can confirm about the Sharp TSOP I spent so much time using the Hexen disk to flash a sharp TSOP. It would not copy the bios.bin file to the C drive for flashing. At the end I had to FTP Xblast and the bios.bin manually and Xblast flashed Sharp TSOP with no problem.

5 hours ago, Raja said:

Yes I can confirm about the Sharp TSOP I spent so much time using the Hexen disk to flash a sharp TSOP. It would not copy the bios.bin file to the C drive for flashing. At the end I had to FTP Xblast and the bios.bin manually and Xblast flashed Sharp TSOP with no problem.

To copy the bios isn't the problem (you just have to make it right). And to use Resctoox and copy that to hdd also isn't not prob. The prob is the wrong folder and all the other "stuff" why he is coping dashboards, Hexen Tools ect. just to flash a bios!? And then this " <!Create space on the C partition for the BIOS and the dash> " (in the middle of the config) The bios is 1MB (And goes to C and then nothing else go there because he copies Dashbaords to E:\dash (Why?) . Restoox is ~12MB and goes to E:\Delete Me\Resctoox but, why better is to copy it to apps for further use (Reflashing ect.) and leave not Delete Me folders behind, the app may will have a use later.  And thats not only here, it's all over the config and thats the problem.  Also a problem is that ppl reporting but nothing changes. I realy wait for the moment he shows up again (like he did in Daves topic) and starts to explain that no one has problems and the disk no "bugs". 

How ever, i just tried to help with trying to fix as much as possible without changing the disk to much. And I don't get money (and don't want some) for this and i provide the "fixed" versions as hotlinks I pay for. I can only suggest to use a different installer as HeXEn. I have all version of it here and will compare the configs just to find out how long these bugs are already there. From the noDVD bios files i know they are on there on for 2 years unfixed. The bug above is at least on there since 2018 (i have the config of the 2018 open right now).

So to me this installer is and probably ever will be a mess which should be avoided. Again, use AiO (which is very well supportet) or Slayer (simple enough to update it your self), ZXB installer (for our spanish users) or what ever else you like but Hexen - not until he has a real fixed new version.

I really doubt that the author of Hexen will ever fix it.

And my my view the sheep on FB believe because it is newer it must be better,

Also any one that suggest to use Slayers or any thing else gets shot down in flames and the so called experts that keep suggesting a flawed product is not helping.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

And my my view the sheep on FB believe because it is newer it must be better,

Some of the bugs are there since 2014 and some other since the 2017 version. He has never has fixed anything, he just has added more and more to the Installer and even that not without adding more bugs ect.. The more and more I learn about that stuff the worse HeXEn get.  And i ask my self, there are a lot talented coders out there, why has no one ever has made fixed version or a statement about this. And then a something comes to my mind Koas has writen in a topic a wile back "if you wait till someone does it for you, you wait for ever".

I meen, maybe I over react a bit but hell this thing is garbage and that comes from a self teachning noob you know.

ToXicMedz should realy come down from his throne he's sitting on, pull is finger out and start to get things strait instead of sitting there and calling others "fools". And no, in the first place i though I will never say it because I don't want to start a stupid "flame war" but some one has to say it.

And Slayer has always delivered and the disk has saved my butt some times when everything else has failed. AID is a nice disk which has good support as far as I can say and there are some other good installers out there which makes the job 100 times better as HeXEn ever could. So tbh HeXEn should be banned till he gets his shit updated.

Peace

• Like 1
On 2/23/2021 at 6:58 PM, RetroEmulationNation said:

@sweetdarkdestiny I have uploaded both packages to my OneDrive repository at

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao7Z5kIDEKUmguAP8ELOjH_Pf6PCDw?e=IXt0V0

The two images can be found under Auto Installers > TruHeXEn 2020 TruFixed

Let me know if you don't want me to host it, and I will take it down immediately.

Thanks RetroEmulationNation, Awesome collection and thanks for sharing.!!  This deserves to be pinned in the Downloads Section.