OGXbox.com

Aladdin XS modchip, cant load hexen from the first try

dee

First of all, thank you dear community for the oportunity to be a part of something good!

I have a strange problem, have xbox 1.4 with aladdin XS MODCHIP, an older modchip ,but nonetheless it is working,

As i want to upgrade to larger HDD, i pot-ed thomson drive, because it was failing, i put the 80 gb hdd, but i get error 13 and/or 16, 

the problem is that hexen or slayers cant read dvd from the first try,and always it can read from the second,third,etc.Also reads backups and reads hexen and slayers from retail HDD.

Orange light is ok,evox sign is in the left-upper corner,it tries to read dvd hexen,but gets me to error 13 or 16 (this is only when i put blank HDD instead of the retail one)?

DVD TRIES TO SPIN 2-3 TIMES, BUT NO BOOT TO HEXEN OR SLAYERS DISC,THEN ERRORS FOR MISSSING DASHBOARD

Is there any solution to this?would appreciate very much,i could provide any information needed, THANKS IN ADVANCE

Try a different DVD drive and also when you burn your install disk use a brand name blank DVD-r and write the disk as slow as possible

I use verbatim DVD-r discs with really good success  but some DVD drives just will not work with any non original disk.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Will try that,thank you SS_Dave, its funny when in modchip mode( orange solid light ), and retail 8 GB HDD, SLAYERS OR HEXEN boots right away (with the dvd in the drive), but when i put fresh ata HDD, the dvd doesnt get to boot, like it needs the DASHBOARD TO BOOT FROM DVD, AND THEN I GET ERROR 16,EVEN IF IM IN MODCHIP MODE.

Additional info from slayers disc, if it is worth for anything:

BIOS : M8 plus Official .06

KERNEL: 1.00.5838.01

EvolutionX V+3935

Thank you

1 hour ago, dee said:

Will try that,thank you SS_Dave, its funny when in modchip mode( orange solid light ), and retail 8 GB HDD, SLAYERS OR HEXEN boots right away (with the dvd in the drive), but when i put fresh ata HDD, the dvd doesnt get to boot, like it needs the DASHBOARD TO BOOT FROM DVD, AND THEN I GET ERROR 16,EVEN IF IM IN MODCHIP MODE.

Additional info from slayers disc, if it is worth for anything:

BIOS : M8 plus Official .06

KERNEL: 1.00.5838.01

EvolutionX V+3935

Thank you

If you can get it to boot from a install disk then I would suggest you reflash the modchip with either a Ind5004.67 or a EvoxM8plus.67 bios file.

Both will support 2tb hard drives and should not give a error 16 message.

Also have a look at the OGXbox install disk.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.