OGXbox.com

Replacing IDE-cable. 40pin or 80pin?

HelouHill

1 hour ago, GoTeamScotch said:

If you're looking for an IDE cable for Xbox, Kekule has 80-wire cables specifically made for original Xbox. I've used them in several Xboxes. Works very well.

https://chimericsystems.com/products/custom-xbox-ide-cable

Thanks! They have also LED´s and USB-adapter for controller so this is absolutely great!

On 2/18/2021 at 2:58 AM, sweetdarkdestiny said:

If you use an SATA to IDE adapter you need an 80 wire cable.

Why is this? I am running an SSD with a SATA adapter with the original xbox IDE ribbon and it seems to work perfectly. I would assume the xbox would just run the interface at ATA-33 speeds. (My adapter says it supports ATA-33)

Edited by mvax
spelling

I have a found 1 in 10 boards will work with a 40 core IDE and the rest may work 50% of the times

I have a hard modded 1.6 here that has been working for 12 months with a 2tb HDD using a chinse Sata2Ide and no problems but others will intermitley not boot from the HDD.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Hi there,

On 2/20/2021 at 1:06 AM, mvax said:

Why is this? I am running an SSD with a SATA adapter with the original xbox IDE ribbon and it seems to work perfectly. I would assume the xbox would just run the interface at ATA-33 speeds. (My adapter says it supports ATA-33)

So I also use the original IDE-Cable since 2010 or so with a SATA to IDE-Adapter.