OGXbox.com

Looking for a decent Chip for a 1.6b Board

KpCollins

I Tsop'd and de clock capped a 1.1 Last night after realizing I can't do my other Xbox because its 1.6b? Literally the last batch of Xbox's Produced must be with its Manufacter date 16/08/2005

Ideally I'd like to have this hard modded rather that just Soft because my eyes have been opened.

I'm looking for a reputable place to buy a Chip at a decent price and which chip would be the best?

I could buy the Aladdin Chip now from here

http://www.modchipcentral.com/store/home.php?cat=273

Will this work with the above 1.6b xbox?

Edit: Noticed this is an American store and might not deliver to the UK

Edited by KpCollins

$18 each recently I was buying them for about £3 each on eVilbay and Aliexpress.

Aliexpress has them still and they cost a few bucks/pounds each.

Fine  if you dont mind a wait of a week or two. 

Search for the following and you should see them for a fiver.

Direct Reading Decoding Chip Replacement For Xbox Aladdin XT PLUS2 XT+4032

I bought mine for my 1.6 boxes and planned to put them in at some point. The blerb says 1.6 and 1.6b are compatible
currently removing mod chips from non 1.6 boxes and just TSOPing instead.

Edited by big F

I recently ordered some Aladdin from Ebay for $11.64 CAN shipped. Works great and they come with pin header but only has one 256KB Flash. The other modchip you can use is the OpenXenium. Those I order from MAKEMHZ Retails around $20 US plus shipping, he also puts them up for sale around $16 once in while so keep visiting the site. Open Xenium has a 1MB Flash and you can have up to 4 bios flashed to it depending on size and it is all software controlled. These are also the easiest to flash.

The Aladdin chip is fine for the 1.6 boards you will need to reflash it with a EvoxM8plus bios to handle a hard drive bigger than 137gb

I have found in 95% of the time most people only need a basic chip anyway so having a Open Xenium, X3, Xenium ICE, Xecuter 2.6 or any other chip with multiple banks is  a waste.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

I have found in 95% of the time most people only need a basic chip anyway so having a Open Xenium, X3, Xenium ICE, Xecuter 2.6 or any other chip with multiple banks is  a waste.

Amen to that of all my mod chips I think i loaded more than one bios on maybe two of them, just because I could. Never used the feature though since the days where you could use one on Xbox Live.

6 hours ago, Raja said:

I recently ordered some Aladdin from Ebay for $11.64 CAN shipped. Works great and they come with pin header but only has one 256KB Flash. The other modchip you can use is the OpenXenium. Those I order from MAKEMHZ Retails around $20 US plus shipping, he also puts them up for sale around $16 once in while so keep visiting the site. Open Xenium has a 1MB Flash and you can have up to 4 bios flashed to it depending on size and it is all software controlled. These are also the easiest to flash.

The "easier" part entices me. I've heard the Aladdin are a great chip but also read about the LPC you need to rebuild on 1.6b :(

Does this one avoid that? I'll have to look at some guides before I choose one and find the one best suited for me. I do like specs though so waste is alright in my eyes.

5 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

The Aladdin chip is fine for the 1.6 boards you will need to reflash it with a EvoxM8plus bios to handle a hard drive bigger than 137gb

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Hmm EvoxM8Plus would be fine Hexen comes with that if i remember rightly?

As above the LPC rebuild frightens me a little but i'd rather have the best chip without going OTT

4 hours ago, KpCollins said:

Hmm EvoxM8Plus would be fine Hexen comes with that if i remember rightly?

I would use the EvoxM8 bios file from this install disk but if you use the one from Hexen 2019,2020 avoid the NoDVD EvoxM8.

4 hours ago, KpCollins said:

As above the LPC rebuild frightens me a little but i'd rather have the best chip without going OTT

If your soldering is not up to speed practice on a old circuit board 1st

One you have the pin header installed you can easily change modchips if you want a chip with multiple banks.

This is the 2nd rebuild I did around 15 years ago

326720438_1.6rebuild.thumb.jpg.dd71a840ce97d40d4267ae4c5cadf074.jpg

And I cut the Lframe trace to make the Xbox load from the Modchip.

833287352_1.6XboxLframe.jpg.c84ad20e1427d2a4961f4e5c1b5e73d9.jpg

You don't need to worry about the D0 wire on the modchip and on a Aladdin modchip link the BT to pin 2 as this makes the chip always on.

47846571_aladdinbtlink.jpg.c12d16db2b5a670a9eded6b59e5a0f35.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

• Like 1

@KpCollins Or you could use an Xblast modchip. The xblast has it's own OS and 2 Banks for different bios.

It also has LCD support unlike the open xenium that needs an external extension to use an LCD. An Xblast does cost 20€ +shipping and offers a lot more features than an aladdin chip. I would only recommend an Aladdin when it is cheap or you really only want the basic features.