OGXbox.com

error lights

sinclairuser

its an box i got given, it had no dvd drive but i had a spare and no hard disk, but it came with the key so i built a drive with hdm (clean files) and locked it with the key.

this has no power supply either so i'm using am atx with the green wire grounded to make it allways on(at the atx end) it has all the correct voltages on the correct pins and the plug is correct.

Ok, from the serial number info and MFG Date, it should be a 1.4 version Xbox.  It is a black standard edition console, not any special limited edition version.

What software did you use to prepare the new hard drive?  

Clean files - the stock MS dashboard from Clean_C_and_E_Files_for_Xbox.7z or some other downloaded archive such as Xbox Softmodding Tool's Build v1.1.8 / Installer Variants / XBHDM Build.zip?

xbm1.9 from dos the clean files were from the clean-cand-efiles for xbox7z, after i made the drive on an old un locked clean 8 gig western digital ogxbox drive i locked it with the hd key the xbox had a print out of hdd info in it,

that says xbox version; v1.1/2/3/4/5

ram   64

kernel version 1.05530.1

serial no xxxxxxx34505

mac add n/a

xbox online key n/a

video mode PAL

xbox xbe region    04

xbox hdd key n/a

xbox confounder n/a

xbox hdd modelwdc wd80eb

xbox hdd serial n/a

xbox hdd password n/a

xbox dvd model  philips j53235c

i've n/a the bits that dont matter , this has me flummoxed i have only ever seen a solid orange light when booting up my ogxbox that was modded with krazie's hack when starting up with the eject button.

since this was an old xbox i got given with missing parts is it possible someone has tried to flash it long ago, botched it then robbed it of its drive and psu, leaving it then for god knows how long.

then i get it rebuild it and bingo non functional, i have an aladdin chip here i might stick it in and see what happens.

2 minutes ago, sinclairuser said:

i have an aladdin chip here i might stick it in and see what happens.

That's what I would try.

I wonder if the BIOS has had the default led color changed as well

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

only thing i can try tomorrow is to strip a working box and take out its power supply, though i only have a 1.0 and a 1.1 here so i will have to wire in the atx style plug.

only thing i can think is its something to do with this old atx power supply.

i found this post on the net which is interesting considering i have to pull out the power plug due top it being an always on atx supply, whatever is causing this may be the same

seems strange that we both have solid orange lights and solid orange isn't even on the list of light faults i have.

Edited by sinclairuser
more info

yeah its obvious its a fault that m$ didn't think the public would see, or the xbox doesn't know whats wrong and thats what the solid orange is for.

i have put this aside for now until i can get the correct supply for it, i dont fancy hacking up my power supplies to make them fit.

Edited by sinclairuser
correction

it boots!, so i had some time this weekend and decided to look at this xbox again, i have added the transistor to the atx and the diodes to the xboxs power on power ok lines and it boots to a normal green light, however there is no video just a black screen and no signal is detected by the tv.

if i press (gently) on top of the av connector on the mother board the light changes to flashing green and orange this stops when i take off my finger,

so progress i think, its something wrong with the av port, i once had an xbox repair ages ago that did not detect its av cable on that one the screw holes that held the mother board either side of the av port were stripped so no pressure was holding it down i removed the broken stumps and put two small machine screws with nuts on instead just to secure the port as kids were going to use it, if it was me or you i would have left it, but with two kids puling the av plug in and out the port would have lasted a week tops, anyway doing this fixed it and it displayed video, so i'm going to try it with this(i know my cable is good), if this fails i will solder an av cable direct to the motherboard and see if i can get video.

thanks to all for helping, for the record solid orange is either a video fault or a fault with the power on or power ok lines.

aly.

I am thinking the orange led is a video error as I have run heaps of version 1.0 -1.4 boards off a 400w ATX supply without the PowOK signal from the Xbox while I doing ram upgrades, As far as I know the PowOn tells the PSU to kick in and it also wakes up the rest of the main board.

As for the av connector it is sounding like a dry solder joint.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

yeah could be right dave, i put two machine screws either side of the av port and its booting consistently green light every time to an error 5, thats on the original tsop, it wont boot the aladdin, the lpc header looks clean i triple checked it, i have DO on the motherboard grounded with no connections to the board except the lpc if the aladdin is lit the xbox starts for 1 sec then shuts off.

i have given up on this modchip, i have never wired one up like this before, i have only done the full wire install before, but most seem to solder in the lpc header ground the DO wire and run them always on, this is a 1.4 so it doesn't matter really as it can be tsoped.

its giving error 5 because the drive while its a clean install its not locked.