OGXbox.com

Xbox 1.0 Frag - Trace rot?

geohunk

So a friend handed over his old no longer working Xbox 1.0. Basically your typical frag..2 to 3 reboots then the Red - Green lights with no video or audio. 

I opened it up..sure enough the clock cap was still there so took that out and here are some pics of the top and bottom of the MB:

20210201_193412.jpg

1612179626879-1352202215.jpg

So I'm concerned with the first pic...is that trace rot along the lower edge of the mother board? I think thats exactly the bottom part of where the clock cap was...and there was a bit of acid there which I cleaned up before taking the pic...so could this be the cause of the FRAG? If so what are my options to bring this back to life? By the way this box has never been opened or softmodded.

Edited by geohunk

Your option is to reprair the trace.  https://www.ogxbox.com/forums/index.php?/topic/29-how-to-fix-trace-corrosion/

Jump to 20:00 in the video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQxbSMo3I0Q&feature=emb_title

And use awg 30 wire instead of the 26 or 28 the dude in the video uses.

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny

Yes that is trace damage at the front of the PCB and will need repairing but I don't think that's the cause of the FRAG the normal problem of that damage is powering on by it's self and the buttons not working.

It is possible that the caps near the CPU have failed.

Maybe post a pic of the whole board.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

PS. it is a version 1.1 as well