OGXbox.com

This device works for HDD cloning

geohunk

Hi guys,

I can confirm that this device works if you want to make a one to one clone of your XBOX Sata HDD:

ORICO 6629US3-C-V1-US-BK USB3.0 to SATA Dual Bay External Hard Drive Docking Station

spacer.png

I was able to successfully clone my my 1TB WD HDD for backup purposes: 

spacer.png

Cloned that with the same exact model.  The actual amount of storage used was a little over 700 GB and took under 4 hours. Plugged the cloned HDD in and worked like a charm no issues.

Great thing about it is the offline cloning function...so no need to connect it to your PC. 

Edited by geohunk

Cool

This is the one I use  and the same no PC needed

Just keep in mind that some drives get frucken hot (to hot to hold) as they are working full speed for 4 hours (Tested with a 2tb WD black as the slave drive)

So a fan helps keep the temps down

IMG_20200624_080352.thumb.jpg.8206e2037a2ecac1ab8e05fa374ba4a1.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• 2 months later...

Hey OGX gurus, newbie here. I have a softmodded V1.0 Xbox with a 2tb drive that I picked up on eBay.  The drive key is ‘nulled’ to all 1’s (via Rocky5’ softmodding tool) The current hdd drive doesn't sound entirely healthy.  Based on the above discussion, I can use this device to offline clone the existing drive.  I’m interested in this approach as a solution to simply replace the drive with a new drive.

what about the locking issue?  Will I be able to simply swap in the cloned drive as-is? Or will there be extra steps needed to deal with the locking feature.  As a newbie, i’m hoping that the clone method also deals with the key issue as well.  

Softmodded consoles require their hard drive to be locked.  

Cloning requires the hard drives to be unlocked.

To clone the current softmodded console's hard drive, you will have to unlock it before cloning can occur.

You need to download the eeprom.bin file from the softmodded Xbox.  Check the E drive for a backup or eeprom folder.

XboxHDM23USB Beta 2 or 3 or XboxHDM-2.3-Beta 4 can be used to unlock the drive.  Place a copy of the Xbox's eeprom.bin file in the folder where you see this applications xboxhd.bat file - the batch file that starts the application.  Use the menu option to unlock the hard drive.  Then, clone it.  Hopefully, enabling the clone feature of the docking station does not require power cycling the device.  If it does, the drive will be locked again.