OGXbox.com

Did the XBMC4gamers update and it gave me an error / now stuck on XBMC Fatal error

Jaffo

Hi all,  I've been googling and searching and not finding an answer to this. 

I fired up my Xbox today (first time in a while) and got a notification that a new version was available.  I went into the settings, updated the URL downloader and then did the XBMC4Gamers update.

After a bit, I got a message that "autoexec.py" or something like that failed.  Now I'm stuck at a screen that says XBMC Fatal Error: No suitable skin version found (see screenshot)

I am able to FTP into the xbox just fine.  I did find some mention of a guisettings.xml file but I can't seem to find where it might be and where I can get a replacement for it (if that's even the problem)  My default dash is/was xbmc4gamers, BTW.

I would appreciate any help!

xbmcerror (Small).jpg

Edited by Jaffo
Added info about default dash.

• 2 weeks later...

That error is typical of any incompatible or corrupted XBMC skin or, just as it says, no skin found.

With vanilla XBMC you'd usually have at least Project Mayhem III and the HD PM3 skins as default. But whether XBMC4Gamers, which is basically a dedicated XBMC version and skin, will work with other XBMC skins I have no idea. I suspect not. 

• 4 weeks later...

On 1/25/2021 at 2:11 AM, SS_Dave said:

I have had the same on 2 different Xbox's after a update. 

In the end I downloaded a new copy from rocky5's github (https://github.com/Rocky5/XBMC4Gamers) and FTP that to the Xbox.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Hello SS_Dave, well I just had the exact same error, and I'm pretty lost, I have FTP access though

I did everything on this xbox for the first time more than two years ago so I don't remember anything about it, not that I knew much to begin with.

So what exactly should I download from the github and where should I put it on the XBOX FTP ?

Thank you in advance for your help, or anybody's help.

Edited by Voljega

6 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

If you go to Rocky5s github you can down load a prebuilt version to FTP to your Xbox

Download Prebuilt versions: Download XBMC4Gamers

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

OK just did that and copied it over my seemingly installation in E:\Apps\XBMC4Gamers
Unfortunately I still have the exact same error on next boot

Edited by Voljega

12 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

Is Xbmc4Gamers your default dash?

Cheers

SS Dave

Yes it is.

Well good news, it turned out I had another in F:, replacing this one worked, and this seem to be mine/
I seem to have lost some customisation though, I'll have to check, and try to update urldownloader again I guess

I'll come back if I need any further help !

Thank you again !!

Hmmm now I've enabled Fast Game Parsing and the UI stays stuck on 'Loading' with the animation in the top left... even after rebooting the console

I can here the HDD working from time to time though, and I have close to 1000 games (all with their artwork) but is it normal ?

EDIT: Ok it seems this feature is not compatible with using subfolers for games (I sort them by genre like that)

Edited by Voljega