OGXbox.com

1.6 DVD drive issues

dirtykash

Ok so I have two v1.6 consoles, both had LPC rebuild and an Xblast modchip installed with LFRAME cut.

Both boot fine from my chosen bios in Xblast

The issue I have is I cannot get either of them to boot a dvd, either an original game or Hexen,OGXboot2021,Slayers. I know the disks are all fine as they boot in other consoles.

I know the dvd drives are fine as I have rebuilt them all and they work fine in other consoles too, tried changing IDE cables and sata adapters this has no effect, so that leads me to think its the actual modchip that is stopping disk being read, no-dvd and standard bios's give the same results too.

My next step is to reconnect LFRAME and boot from onboard and see if disk's will boot.

Anyone come across this before or have any ideas?

Thanks

The the adaptors I was trying to use have no header to switch from master to slave they work and boot but stop the dvd drive working, just took another adaptor with a header switch on and it boots anything I throw in there.

So definitely dodgey adaptors, good job I have more on the way.

• 1 month later...
On 1/24/2021 at 4:29 AM, dirtykash said:

This is the adaptor giving issues, its does look like it has a place for a pin header to be installed might see if I can install one and get these working

https://www.hexin-technology.com/SATA_22-PIN_Female_to_3.5_inch_IDE_Adapter_M2_JM20330-Product-422.html

[Image removed by KaosEngineer - see in original post above]

Do you have a PC with an IDE interface that you can connect this adapter to?  

The PC's BIOS should show if it's acting as a SLAVE or MASTER device in the IDE bus.

I did try bridging the points and it had no effect, I don't have a pc with a IDE interface to try.

If its acting as a slave would using a no-dvd bios and removing the dvd drive allow the xbox to boot??

I still have these adapters and it would be good to make use of them if anyone knows how to get them working...