OGXbox.com

Chipped Xbox, upgraded hard drive to 2TB but can’t use full capacity

Karl_M

Hi there,

so today I upgraded my Xbox’s hard drive to a 2TB WD blue and in unleash X, it’s showing just 500gb available to use as storage. But when I set up the hard drive using hexen, XBpartioner let me choose 900gb partitions for F and G. Is there something I’ve done wrong to not allow the hard drives full capacity? My Xbox had a duo x2 chip and I’m on my bank that has evox bios installed. I didn’t install this chip so I’m unsure of what version of Evox this has.

any help in much appreciated. Thanks in advance ☺️

It sound like you need a newer version of EvoxM8 as the version the was shipped with the chip only really supports up to 137gb.

I would reflash it with this one and don't use the Evox bios on the Hexen disk, You can use just about any bios flash program to flash the DuoX2 chip

Evox m8+ 67 No DVD.bin

What version of Xbox do you have?

A thing with formatting large hard drives on the Xbox is you need to format partition 6 and 7 at a smaller size 1st (say 900gb each) that reboot the Xbox and load the Xbpartioner and reformat to 927gb each and it should look like this

1331893105_2tbpartitions.jpg.9eb78d44797ccf7f73fec3c334a66114.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

2 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

It sound like you need a newer version of EvoxM8 as the version the was shipped with the chip only really supports up to 137gb.

I would reflash it with this one and don't use the Evox bios on the Hexen disk, You can use just about any bios flash program to flash the DuoX2 chip

Evox m8+ 67 No DVD.bin 256 kB · 2 downloads

What version of Xbox do you have?

A thing with formatting large hard drives on the Xbox is you need to format partition 6 and 7 at a smaller size 1st (say 900gb each) that reboot the Xbox and load the Xbpartioner and reformat to 927gb each and it should look like this

1331893105_2tbpartitions.jpg.9eb78d44797ccf7f73fec3c334a66114.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

My Xbox is 1.4. What program would you recommend to reflash the bios with?

39 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

I like Xblast but Raincoat will also work.

Xblast is on the Hexen disk and I think the raincoat is also there or decompress this and FTP this to C drive

XBlast_OS_v0.56.rar 2.14 MB · 4 downloads

Cheers

SS Dave

Awesome, thank you. I’ll have to try and do it later on once I get a chance. Where would I place the bios on my Xbox’s hard drive before flashing my mod chip? I just want to make sure I have it in the correct folders/locations before attempting anything since I’ve never done this before

1 hour ago, SS_Dave said:

In a folder On C drive called BIOS (C:BIOS)

or you can flash via your network if the Xbox is connected to it.

Cheers

SS Dave

Thanks for your help Dave, it’s much appreciated ☺️. With this particular bios I flashed, is it supposed to not play the animation and not show the Evo X red logo when the console powers on? It works flawlessly but I’m just curious

37 minutes ago, Karl_M said:

Thanks for your help Dave, it’s much appreciated ☺️. With this particular bios I flashed, is it supposed to not play the animation and not show the Evo X red logo when the console powers on? It works flawlessly but I’m just curious

yep it speeds up the booting

Cheers

SS Dave

Hexen boots a BFM BIOS that supports reading an XBPartitioner v1.3 partition table from the hard drive.  The BIOS you have on your modchip must not have the latest LBA48 v3 patch which is required to load such a partition table.

If the BIOS does not support reading the XBPartitioner partition table and/or an LBA48 v3 (XBPartitioner v1.3) partition table has not been written to the hard drive's sector 0, one of the following LBA48 setting options configured in the BIOS will be used:

• Use standard partition table (default 8GB hard drive allocations - no extended partitions)
  • Partition 6 takes the rest of the drive
  • Partition 6 takes up to 137GB / Partition 7 takes rest
  • Partition 6 up to 137GB / No partition 7

Which option is in use depends on how the booting modified BIOS was configured.

As well, an older BIOS may not support 64KB clusters required for a larger than 512GB extended partition size.