OGXbox.com

Help in identifying versions of original XBox and Xecutor2 chip

Dougmeister

It has literally been over 10 years since I've played it. One of the bootup screens says "Xecutor2" at the bottom, so that tells me that much at least.

My main question is the three (3) dip switches on the front of the console. Someone else installed it for me, and I forget what each of them does.

I think that the left-most one controls whether or not the modchip is active; you wanted to toggle that one off if you ever went onto XBox Live, I think.

Can anyone help?

That looks a bit like a X2.3 modchip 

1 of the switches is chip enable and disable there is also a bank 1 and 2 and write enable/disable to stop it been reflashed

447765937_X2.3modchip.jpg.58b160feef795dfd6115d2269e2f5e46.jpg

627807829_X2.3litechip.thumb.jpg.e4b9d37b27f3055fefcd1308ff29bfd8.jpg

it probably will need the BIOS updating as it will probably not support a large hard drive.

If you have the switch on enable and bank1 will it boot?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

7 hours ago, Dougmeister said:

So, really, unless we ever try to re-flash it (for a larger hard drive, etc.), the only switch that matters is "chip enable/disable", correct?

Yes and if you need to reflash that chip you need to combine the 2 bios files into one 1024kb file then flash that.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Xbox version determination - I use this online 4 page article: Identifying Your Xbox Revision.

For Xecuter2 modchip identification, I use the xbox-scene.com's Modchip Generation 3b table archived by the Wayback Machine:

http://web.archive.org/web/20050207140323/http://www.xbox-scene.com/modchips3b_table.htm

and the picture pages linked at the bottom of the columns in the table.