OGXbox.com

ANother botched Tsop job.......

Haizum74

6 hours ago, Haizum74 said:

Well, I softmodded then tsopped and tried flashing a winbond bios Evox 8 which was all going well until it turned off after flashing then wouldn't turn back on except doing the triple on then off crap. 

Assuming I have done it right and it was a bad flash?  What now? 

What happens if you try booting with both drives ( DVD and HDD) disconnected?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Dosn't you wrote it booted fine in your other topic? The bios works, thats for sure because I have testet em and eightbit use these for his Winbond as well. Have you made any other changes? Maybe reflashed it with a different bios like HDShadow has said?

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny
Link to the other topic added.

21 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Dosn't you wrote it booted fine in your other topic? The bios works, thats for sure because I have testet em and eightbit use these for his Winbond as well. Have you made any other changes? Maybe reflashed it with a different bios like HDShadow has said?

Yes so I thought but the boot logo was different to what I was expecting hence me thinking it hadn't worked correctly. 

1 hour ago, SS_Dave said:

What happens if you try booting with both drives ( DVD and HDD) disconnected?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Nothing, still the 3 boot attempt then red and green flashing

Just now, SS_Dave said:

Time for a mod chip.

Where did the last BIOS file come from?

Cheers

SS Dave

From the OG Installer, first one on the winbond selection (EVO M8 CEE F+ G noDVD from memory)

Time for a mod chip 😞

First one is " 1.1.1. Flash EvoX m8+ F+G noDVD EEC UX (256kb) " ( https://imgur.com/a/5AJhGFn )

I will flash it (again). But i wonder why it worked in the first run and should not work in the second, makes no seens to me.

And as base bios i have used daves bios which is proved to be working 1000 times (or more).

EDIT: I now dig out the WInbond XBox and will provide a video of the flash

1 minute ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

First one is " 1.1.1. Flash EvoX m8+ F+G noDVD EEC UX (256kb) " ( https://imgur.com/a/5AJhGFn )

I will flash it (again). But i wonder why it worked in the first run and should not work in the second, makes no seens to me.

And as base bios i have used daves bios which is proved to be working 1000 times (or more).

That's the one (just woke up). No idea why it did it, it appeared to flash ok then just borked on boot up. Still, makes a nice paper weight 🙂 

If it is a bad bios you missed, no worries I'm certainly not going to rant at you as it is what it is. Trial and error. It's the first console mod that has gone wrong and I've modded a few so it's going to happen at some point.

11 minutes ago, Haizum74 said:

If it is a bad bios you missed, no worries I'm certainly not going to rant at you as it is what it is. Trial and error. It's the first console mod that has gone wrong and I've modded a few so it's going to happen at some point.

Can't be a bad bios. I have checked the bios already in EvTool (See screen above) and it is a bios from dave which i trust blind and the bioses are also tested by eightbit because he has a winbond as well. But like i wrote, give me some minutes. I'm on it, burning the DVD right now and will do a video (which i have to because it would be very bad for the mini reps the installler has if i would not do that).

Here is a screen of the xbox : https://imgur.com/a/2S9Tym8 (Lucky me, i write down whats in which box that i own.)

removed some typos
  • Like 1