Jump to content

ANother botched Tsop job.......


Recommended Posts

Well, I softmodded then tsopped and tried flashing a winbond bios Evox 8 which was all going well until it turned off after flashing then wouldn't turn back on except doing the triple on then off crap. 


Assuming I have done it right and it was a bad flash?  What now? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Haizum74 said:

Well, I softmodded then tsopped and tried flashing a winbond bios Evox 8 which was all going well until it turned off after flashing then wouldn't turn back on except doing the triple on then off crap. 


Assuming I have done it right and it was a bad flash?  What now? 

What happens if you try booting with both drives ( DVD and HDD) disconnected?

 

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dosn't you wrote it booted fine in your other topic? The bios works, thats for sure because I have testet em and eightbit use these for his Winbond as well. Have you made any other changes? Maybe reflashed it with a different bios like HDShadow has said?

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny
Link to the other topic added.
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Dosn't you wrote it booted fine in your other topic? The bios works, thats for sure because I have testet em and eightbit use these for his Winbond as well. Have you made any other changes? Maybe reflashed it with a different bios like HDShadow has said?

Yes so I thought but the boot logo was different to what I was expecting hence me thinking it hadn't worked correctly. 


 

 

1 hour ago, SS_Dave said:

What happens if you try booting with both drives ( DVD and HDD) disconnected?

 

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Nothing, still the 3 boot attempt then red and green flashing

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Haizum74 said:

Nothing, still the 3 boot attempt then red and green flashing

Time for a mod chip.

 Where did the last BIOS file come from?

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SS_Dave said:

Time for a mod chip.

 Where did the last BIOS file come from?

 

Cheers

SS Dave


Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

 

From the OG Installer, first one on the winbond selection (EVO M8 CEE F+ G noDVD from memory)


Time for a mod chip 😞

Link to post
Share on other sites

First one is " 1.1.1. Flash EvoX m8+ F+G noDVD EEC UX (256kb) " ( https://imgur.com/a/5AJhGFn )

I will flash it (again). But i wonder why it worked in the first run and should not work in the second, makes no seens to me.

And as base bios i have used daves bios which is proved to be working 1000 times (or more).

 

EDIT: I now dig out the WInbond XBox and will provide a video of the flash

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

First one is " 1.1.1. Flash EvoX m8+ F+G noDVD EEC UX (256kb) " ( https://imgur.com/a/5AJhGFn )

I will flash it (again). But i wonder why it worked in the first run and should not work in the second, makes no seens to me.

And as base bios i have used daves bios which is proved to be working 1000 times (or more).

That's the one (just woke up). No idea why it did it, it appeared to flash ok then just borked on boot up. Still, makes a nice paper weight 🙂 

If it is a bad bios you missed, no worries I'm certainly not going to rant at you as it is what it is. Trial and error. It's the first console mod that has gone wrong and I've modded a few so it's going to happen at some point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Haizum74 said:

If it is a bad bios you missed, no worries I'm certainly not going to rant at you as it is what it is. Trial and error. It's the first console mod that has gone wrong and I've modded a few so it's going to happen at some point.

Can't be a bad bios. I have checked the bios already in EvTool (See screen above) and it is a bios from dave which i trust blind and the bioses are also tested by eightbit because he has a winbond as well. But like i wrote, give me some minutes. I'm on it, burning the DVD right now and will do a video (which i have to because it would be very bad for the mini reps the installler has if i would not do that).

Here is a screen of the xbox : https://imgur.com/a/2S9Tym8 (Lucky me, i write down whats in which box that i own.)

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny
removed some typos
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Similar Content

    • By ieblj01
      Hello All,
      Long time listener, first time caller here.   I have never modded an XBOX before, but looks like a fun project and I wanted to run my plan by the gurus on this forum to avoid any potential pitfalls (i.e. destroying the data on the original HDD doing something stupid being a newbie) after watching a ton of YouTube videos on the subject.
      I have an OG XBOX v1.6 that was modded and setup around 6-7 years ago.  The motherboard died and I am looking to swap that drive into a new system and upgrade it to an unlocked SATA HDD (I don't want to have to deal with locked HDDs anymore).  I have no knowledge of how it was built originally aside from the HDD password, but I love how it is laid out and boots up directly in to the emulator menu, etc and want to keep that. 
      There is no evidence of any hard modding on the motherboard (no chip, no bridged soldering, etc), so I am assuming some version of soft mod. 
      I  have two working units (v1.2 & v1.4) and both are currently soft modded with the latest Rocky5 build with stock HDDs.  I did install XMBC-Emustation on one of them, but aside from that, they have nothing special going on with them and I don't need anything off those drives. 
      30K foot view of my plan is as follows:
      1.  TSOP mod one of the working units and flash the BIOS with Evox M8 with F & G (HeXen 2020).
      2.  Take the currently modded HDD (400GB) out of the dead unit and using Victoria, remove the user password.
      3.  Install that HDD in the new TSOP modded unit and test (I assume that since the password is removed from the drive and the BIOS is flashed, it will simply boot even though I have no idea how the HDD was originally prepared).
      4.  Assuming steps 1 - 3 go as planned, convert the TSOP unit to an 80-pin cable and IDE/SATA adapter and clone the HDD to a WD Blue 500GB SATA using Chimp. 
           -Am I correct in that I should pick the TSOP hard mod option in Chimp even though the HDD itself is soft modded?
           -Since my new SATA is bigger than the drive I am cloning, pick option 2 for select partitions and pick option 4 so partition G takes up all the remaining space on the larger drive
      5.  Shut it all down and remove the stock hard drive and install the SATA in the unit and hopefully it all boots up correctly.
      6.  Assuming everything up to this point went well, clone the new SATA drive with Chimp to another WD Blue 500GB (this time I can just pick the full disk clone option)
      7.  TSOP the second working unit and install the cloned drive and have 2 working, upgraded units.
      Let me know your thoughts and if you have any suggestions.  I appreciate the feedback!
       
    • By geohunk
      Hi guys,
       
       So I was given an Xbox 1.0 from a friend that is chipped and has a 120gb HDD. Unfotunately the chip does not have support for HDD larger than 120gb and I am unable to flash the chip's BIOS (evox says it is not flash writeable).
       I'm basically in a bind to find a guide on how to softmod this box and tsop it from a modchip because I don't know what type of chip it is and how to disable it. Pictures below: 
      Apologies for the very dusty MB, lol! As always any guidance will be highly appreciated.
       

    • By Edge
      Hi Everyone,
      I've got a 1.0 with a Hynix with DVD drive that won't eject that came previously TSOP'd. It had an older version of EVOX flashed and then the two TSOP junctions were removed. It unfortunately didn't have the LBA48 configured so thus I wanted to reflash. When I used the BIOS checker I would get Unknown. When I tried to use Flash tools (blastos and evox) I wouldn't get anywhere with flashing as it was unwritable (makes sense)
      Today I reapplied the TSOP junctions and when I ran the BIOS Checker I was getting something back - identfying the correct chip and flash. I grabbed the 1mb size version of ind-bios, added a fresh config file to my c drive, started up blastos, and flashed it which seemed to be successful... until the restart. Now the xbox will start, power off, start, power off and then start again with a red/green alternating LED.
      Have I ruined my TSOP? Should I have done the 256K? I've got a couple Alladiin's on the way, is this recoverable? I'd appreciate your thoughts and guidance.

Board Life Status


Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.