OGXbox.com

Soft mod to tsop

Haizum74

7 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

It was

One 1.4 and one 1.2.. I have send Raja a beta version of the new build with the new config. I use XBlast now and see what Raja will tell about the Beta version. If they is ok, i will write a new config for the Sharp flasher and new images will come soon. If the beta fails, not to sure what i do then. MAybe i provide a last copy without the option to flash winbond & Sharp TSOPs for all of who don't need it. But we will see. I will also do testing but sadly i can do test with a sharp TSOP because i don't have a XBox with that kind of TSOP. So, In case Raja reports it working 100% i would appreciate if someone with a XBLast and Sharp TSOP on hand would drop me a PM to test the config. Or in case some lives in germany and has a Sharp XBox up for sale drop me a PM as well. So atm we all have to wait.

I will also do some testing with the original HeXEn to see if they cause problems because yesterday i flashed with the HeXEn version and failed. But the bios i used worked fine with a ST TSOP.

So maybe Heimdall could give me some feedback, in case he read this, because we maybe would both profit from the results which I would share with him and ofc you guys when I'm done with testing.

So yeah for now ìm out and wait for Raja to tell me whats his results. 

And if anyone ask's, i will keep a copy of Resctoox one the image to install it ( I will grab a copy of the Heimdall HeXEn for that because I´m pretty sure I flashed both of my Winbonds with his Image in the first run (2018 or 2019 vesion I guess, not to sure about that)), like i have made with raincoat but, if the results are good, I switch to XBlast OS to flash winbond and sharp TSOP's.

And some offtopic. Did you guys know, that english is the only language where you write "I" (German "ich") as a capital letter/word? I think i will never learn that. :D;)

Bro, thanks for sending me the link. I burnt the DVD and flashed the winbond with all three bios in the options IND, Xecuter and Evox. All flashed Fine with Xblast. I did not try the UX and Special Bios, may be too chicken to do that!  Evox I flashed the Nodvd And YesDVD and it flashed fine  did not try the speacial and UX. And I was fine with the Blue X when I saw it with no music and flubber! Thanks for the Readme note regarding the Blue X without NO music and flubber😜. I am sure it was the New version of Resctook that caused the problem, because I used the previous one to flash the same Winbond it flashed it fine in the OGXBOX 1.1.6 disk.

• 7 months later...
On 1/16/2021 at 9:34 AM, Haizum74 said:

Thanks for the info, am I right in thinkking the noDVD only tells the xbox not to check for one on boot seeing as those things are becoming somewhat old so the xbox can be booted without one?

I've dl'd the OGxbox installer iso and will give that a go. 

how are you able to get the system to boot without checking for a dvd drive? I have modded several using softmods, I slim down the cases, however I always have to find a way to protect the drive pcb, it would be much easier to take out the part that checks for the disk drive. Could you possibly explain how to do this in detail?

51 minutes ago, mbarton said:

how are you able to get the system to boot without checking for a dvd drive? I have modded several using softmods, I slim down the cases, however I always have to find a way to protect the drive pcb, it would be much easier to take out the part that checks for the disk drive. Could you possibly explain how to do this in detail?

If you hard mod it (bios re-flash or mod-chip) then you can fully remove the DVD, There is no way to use the original bios (soft-mod) without the DVD or at least the DVD PCB connected.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.