OGXbox.com

empyreal96

Easy-Build for XBOX Original

What is it?

A tool in testing for compiling xbox code. Easy to Update script.

https://github.com/Empyreal96/easy-build-xbox

spacer.png

How to use:

• Have easy-build-xinit.cmd on the ROOT of a drive e.g: D:\easy-build-xinit.cmd
  • Open easy-build-xinit.cmd
  • Setup the Xbox trunk in your Drive root as specified in easy-build-xinit (VHD users are already set up)
  • Let the script apply Team Complex patches (These allow the xbox trunk to be built)
  • Once that's done, follow onscreen instructions until Razzle loads
  • Type into razzle: easybuild
  • You can now build from the Easy-Build mainmenu
  • Built binaries will be in %DriveRoot%\xbox\xboxbuilds\fre{dump}

Any issues or suggestions please open an issue ticket so I can look into it

Information

• Windows XP - 10 x86

• Fixed issues with mstools/idw folders incorrectly being set

• Basic Options for compiling

• 'Unofficial' binplace script 'xcopybins.cmd' to place some built files

• Added 'xmakesamples.cmd' which builds the XDK Sample CD.

• Added a WIP script to set off the XDK build see XDK below
  • Fixed %_BUILDVER% not being set on razzle-easybuild handover
  • Changed menu colours (I may change back depending on feedback)
  • Small update to some 'dirs' files that adds folders to the build process that can build successfully
  • Separated easybuild.cmd (mainmenu) to public/tools/
  • Actual easybuild.cmd shows correct Razzle Tool Path now, starts xcopybins.cmd as postbuild

XDK Building 

InstallShield Professional 6.2 is required for this: I have included my currently in progress script to try and build the Xbox SDK. Currently it fails compiling the InstallShield specific XDK Setup scripts..

• To run the script, load Easy-Build, drop to Razzle prompt and type "private\SDK\setup\xsdkbuild.cmd"

If you want to help the development of Easy-Build, have some issues join the Matrix chat!

https://matrix.to/#/!febkSwamiedCsfevDe:matrix.org?via=matrix.org

NOTE: This is VERY early stages.. It is lacking in many features that Easy-Build-NT5 has.. If I get time I will eventually figure out more of the build system, any and all help is greatly welcomed!!

• Like 4

Theres been a small update, mainly to test the log outputs and placing another thing from the src

• Postbuild scripts now have 'basic' logs in the %_NT386TREE% folder

• Added copying 'HVS Launcher Test' files (not sure what this is)

• Added two more buildable directories in "private\sdktools\factory"

This is awesome work!

I fetched your git tree and vhd last night and attached it to my Win XP vm and had no issues (beyond the warnings you mentioned) doing a clean build.

I'm sure you have looked around too, but to get some info out there, it appears that the installer for IS Pro 6.20 and 6.21 were likely distributed as "InstallShieldProfessional620.exe" and "InstallShieldProfessional621.exe", while 6.22 may have been distributed as "IPSE622.exe". The installer was probably around 95mbs in size. This is all speculation based on archives of warez pages from twenty years ago.

While I still can't find the installer itself, here is some information on how to crack it when you do.

Edited by ShamedSalmon
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ShamedSalmon said:

This is awesome work!

I fetched your git tree and vhd last night and attached it to my Win XP vm and had no issues (beyond the warnings you mentioned) doing a clean build.

I'm sure you have looked around too, but to get some info out there, it appears that the installer for IS Pro 6.20 and 6.21 were likely distributed as "InstallShieldProfessional620.exe" and "InstallShieldProfessional621.exe", while 6.22 may have been distributed as "IPSE622.exe". The installer was probably around 95mbs in size. This is all speculation based on archives of warez pages from twenty years ago.

While I still can't find the installer itself, here is some information on how to crack it when you do.

Thanks!! I'm glad it runs on XP fine, I only tested it myself on 10 x86 😁

Yeah I actually found a copy of InstallShield 6.2 on archive org (I think it was archive .org) it works but it seems the actual IS script we compile is either incomplete or files for the XDK building are missing :( but I plan on messing with Installshield at some point to learn about these 'Language Independant Intel 32 Files' and why they appear to be missing..

Let me know if you test any of the xbe's and ISOs created with the tool 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KaosEngineer said:

Does your InstallShield installation have the Setup.exe [??? template (is it a template don't know 4 sure) ???] file in the Redist\Language Independent\i386\ folder?

I think so yeah, I will double check this weekend as got my new laptop today so I can crack on with this and NT5

I think it is like you think though with some template files missing

3 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

There is a file, IS622PROSTD.zip (google it), out there on the Internet (includes serial number).

Welp, I'm embarrassed for not checking there first, since I had fetched a few other things from that site earlier, lol. Thank you so much for pointing this out! It would appear that this is one and the same as the binary I was searching for in those dead warez archives, down to the matching password and serial number.

I'll pick the installer apart with unshield and some other stuff to see what we've got, but I did just finish installing it in an XP vm. My directory tree sounds a little different from yours though. Below is a tree view of some files that I believe we may be talking about, though I'm not entirely sure yet. I've gotta run now, but when I get home tonight, I'll sit down and start combing over those build warnings. (And of course, deep apologies if I'm not providing any helpful information. If need be, let me know and I will certainly cut this out.)

Folder PATH listing for volume Root

C:\Program Files\InstallShield:

+---Professional - Standard Edition
    |   +---CABData
    |   +---Dialog Sampler
    |   +---Examples
    |   +---GeneralData
    |   +---GeneralLink
    |   +---Include
    |   +---Objects
    |   +---Program
    |   +---Redistributable
    |   |   +---Compressed Files
    |   |   |   +---0009-English
    |   |   |   |   +---Intel 32
    |   |   |   |   \---OS Independent
    |   |   |   \---Language Independent
    |   |   |       +---Intel 32
    |   |   |       \---OS Independent
    |   |   |           \---Corecomp.ini
    |   |   +---Uncompressed Files
    |   |   \---Web Files
    |   |       \---Language Independent
    |   |           +---Intel 32
    |   |           \---OS Independent
    |   \---Script
    \---Professional - Standard Edition Setup Files
        \---Disk1
            +---Setup.exe
            +---Setup.ini
            \---setup.inx

In short, are you two referring to Setup.ini and binary Setup.inx, or maybe to the Corecomp.ini, or possibly even something else I'm not seeing?

7 hours ago, empyreal96 said:

Let me know if you test any of the xbe's and ISOs created with the tool 😁

Absolutely, I will! I'll get to some testing this weekend.

Thanks everyone!

Edited by ShamedSalmon

3 hours ago, ShamedSalmon said:

Welp, I'm embarrassed for not checking there first, since I had fetched a few other things from that site earlier, lol. Thank you so much for pointing this out! It would appear that this is one and the same as the binary I was searching for in those dead warez archives, down to the matching password and serial number.

I'll pick the installer apart with unshield and some other stuff to see what we've got, but I did just finish installing it in an XP vm. My directory tree sounds a little different from yours though. Below is a tree view of some files that I believe we may be talking about, though I'm not entirely sure yet. I've gotta run now, but when I get home tonight, I'll sit down and start combing over those build warnings. (And of course, deep apologies if I'm not providing any helpful information. If need be, let me know and I will certainly cut this out.)

Folder PATH listing for volume Root

C:\Program Files\InstallShield:

+---Professional - Standard Edition
    |   +---CABData
    |   +---Dialog Sampler
    |   +---Examples
    |   +---GeneralData
    |   +---GeneralLink
    |   +---Include
    |   +---Objects
    |   +---Program
    |   +---Redistributable
    |   |   +---Compressed Files
    |   |   |           \---Corecomp.ini
    |   |   +---Uncompressed Files
    |   |   \---Web Files
    |   |       \---Language Independent
    |   |           +---Intel 32
    |   |           \---OS Independent
    |   \---Script
    \---Professional - Standard Edition Setup Files
        \---Disk1
            +---Setup.exe
            +---Setup.ini
            \---setup.inx

In short, are you two referring to Setup.ini and binary Setup.inx, or maybe to the Corecomp.ini, or possibly even something else I'm not seeing?

Absolutely, I will! I'll get to some testing this weekend.

Thanks everyone!

No problem! I kept forgetting it existed but  now I rely on it 🤣 

Yeah that's the same tree I worked with just installed as was in the source setup, with the different installation path, just modify "xbox\private\SDK\setup\xsdkbuild.bat" 

It has paths set for the "Default" they used with the source so we can change it to where ever if needed 😁

And the files I think are in the "xbox\private\SDK" folder somewhere, I think it was called setup.rul or something, that folder has the IS Build script and specific XDK setup libraries and headers

Edited by empyreal96
Missed a section
  • Like 1

For anyone interested I have been looking at the SDK building.. I think it requires a lot of external files.

In "xbox\private\SDK\setup\file groups\" it different lists of files to pull, these look in several places it seems:

- "Binaries.X86FRE" which is related to NT builds (possibly the NT 5 Workstation/Beta 2 codebase)

- "Extras\D3DIM\Tools\Maya25" this at face value seems like a tool for Direct3D (need to look in to it more)

- "3dsmax" it needs source files from 3DSMax

- "DMUSProducer" this a Direct Media Producer? (Need to look into this too)

- "VisualStudio" some binaries and source files/headers from Visual Studio (not sure on version yet)

Most look in an "sdkfiles" folder which compared to "private\SDK\sdkfiles" is missing quite a lot.. but it could be reconstructed I imagine

• 2 weeks later...

There's been quite a lot added since I originally posted, but forgot to update a list of new features here..:

- CHK builds supported and now *hopefully* builds a checked kernel without errors!

- BIOSPack has been included, Easy-Build uses this to build BIOS Roms now, just uses the built kernel.

- Target 'Retail' XM3 and XM3P.

- Build EEPROM Image (Only tested in xemu).

- Various fixes to buildable tools not included, incorrect paths set by 'normal' razzle.

- Various Post-Build scripts to place Kernel files and Debugging Symbols.

- Buildable Recovery ISOs (Not tested)

Got a different kind of update to Easy-Build:

The first TEST version of Easy-Build BVTMonitor! (BVT = Build Verification Testing) 

This will let the Build VM:

• Build and transfer the compiled files to the host. 

• Configure 'BVT Machine' (xemu is the Virtual BVT)

• Start XEMU with the built Kernel

All Automatically!. 

This should, in theory, allow people working on the source to quickly deploy and test changes to their Kernel easily, 

in the future I hope to enable actual networking between Easy-Build and XEMU! 

Now this has only been tested on Windows 10 x64.. I will eventually create a linux version (need to brush up on my 'nix skills) but that is a distant milestone for now sadly.. 

To view more I have a ReadMe set up with more info! https://www.github.com/Empyreal96/easy-build-xbox/tree/main/BVT

BVTmenu.png

• Like 1

Hey, I'm so sorry for the late response - life suddenly got a little hectic for me.

You may already know about this, but I think I have found a build tree for the Xbox Live dashboard from last year's May 23rd leak. It's the "HDD" torrent that's floating around out there that contains Sources.7z which has been split into three parts. Within that archive is a folder called "Xbox Live Source" which contains an 8GB zip file labelled, "XONLINE_MAIN.zip".

I haven't looked too far into this, but for the purposes of your build trees, this may contain some missing pieces.

PM me if you can't fetch the files and I'll try to upload the zip somewhere.

On 2/4/2021 at 7:31 PM, ShamedSalmon said:

Hey, I'm so sorry for the late response - life suddenly got a little hectic for me.

You may already know about this, but I think I have found a build tree for the Xbox Live dashboard from last year's May 23rd leak. It's the "HDD" torrent that's floating around out there that contains Sources.7z which has been split into three parts. Within that archive is a folder called "Xbox Live Source" which contains an 8GB zip file labelled, "XONLINE_MAIN.zip".

I haven't looked too far into this, but for the purposes of your build trees, this may contain some missing pieces.

PM me if you can't fetch the files and I'll try to upload the zip somewhere.

Ahh I think I have that yeah! I managed to initiate some kind of build with a few tweaks to the script but damn it's too big for my space atm 🤣

But I think its x360 Online dash and other bits, still is something I want to look into at some point though as it's a massive codebase compared to the OG Xbox/Complex tree .. it has a funky name for the environment that I cant remember currently though 'Core' somethimg, and setting up the environment is a different precedure than what we know

• 2 weeks later...

Currently working on a 'DevKit menu' for Easy-Build..

Now initial plans is to connect to the (retail converted) debug xbox with 'Yelo Neighborhood' and have some kind of FTP connectivity, Coupled with Source tools for XDK management etc..

Plans set out in menu so far:

• Connect to debug xbox

• Connect to Xbox FTP

• Setup Debug Dash files (from source)

• Install the built 4400XDK

A few things I need assistance with:

• Has anyone here used a Retail converted Debug Kit? (Or a debug kit)

• What things do you do that could be intergrated to the tool?

• Anything that I should make sure to prevent errors? (Like NOT flashing a build XDK Recovery disc on a retail box)

I will be setting up a (not ideal) 1.6b retail-debug this week and be having a test myself with any source tools available for XDK management and implementing this all to Easy-Build (Screenshot (if it uploaded as it said it didn't for me) is an in-development view of the Dev menu so far, work only started today)

Annotation 2021-02-22 171820.png

• 2 weeks later...

For any Debug Kit users who may be interested, the initial update adding the Developer Kit Menu to Easy-Build is now up!🥳 

Currently it supports the following:

• Transfer files to and from the console
• Update the console with the 4400 XDK Launcher (Requires XDK Launcher of any kind already set up with xbdm.dll)
• Shortcut to install the 4400 XDK
• Pop-out console to run Xbox CLI tools (e.g xbmemdump.exe)
• Reboot the console from Easy-Build
• Launch a debug logging session
• Launch Yelo Neigborhood for Functions that provides

I will slowly add features and incorporate more tools from the XDK to the DevKit Menu, for now its basic as it's in testing. Some info on the DevKit menu can be found on the repo's wiki.

Repo for those who don't know :)https://github.com/Empyreal96/easy-build-xbox

*I have only been able to test this on a 1.6b Retail Converted DevKit (So no 4400 Kernel support for me) but when I recieve the parts I will be able to test on a 1.2 xbox.. This *should* work with actual Debug Kits, but christ take caution as I have no idea on compatibility*

Images are the DevKit menu and the 4400 XDK Launcher booted on my box

devmenu.png.f78508d3321af4a23fae9893e609de89.png

screen.png.df7461206f2b031fe628419eca1bf0a5.png

• Thanks 1