OGXbox.com

[Xblast lite v1] bank 256ko with tsop_m7.bin

Naokhan

hello,

i received recently the xblast chip, was intended to use it mainly for ram upgrade but i have a xbox with tsop bad flash.

so the xblast has ind bios on bank 512 and x2 on bank 256, i flashed via menu the bank 256 with c:\tsop_m7.bin, went ok.

but when i load it from xblast os with a hexen dvd in drive, screen freeze at logo like no dvd was read...

tested with samsung and thomson drive.

what's going on ?

thanks

Does it boot to a replacement dashboard without a disc in the DVD drive?

I believe it's a stripped down BIOS/Kernel with only the essentials to allow flashing of a BIOS to the TSOP from a replacement dashboard and bios dot bin file stored on the hard drive.  It may not be able to load anything from the DVD drive. I've not tried booting it.  Haven't messed up a TSOP to need it. :)

Does the Hexen DVD load when booting the ind-bios from the other bank?

13 hours ago, Naokhan said:

i have a xbox with tsop bad flash.

Are you sure it' a bad flash?

13 hours ago, Naokhan said:

i flashed via menu the bank 256 with c:\tsop_m7.bin, went ok.

but when i load it from xblast os with a hexen dvd in drive, screen freeze at logo like no dvd was read...

I am in the understanding the the modded M7 bios should load directly and not via a modchip OS, Try setting it to the default bios so it loads automatedly and not having to select it from a menu.

And you have the 2 links on the board to temporary lockout the TSOP during the booting.

As KaosEngineer said I also have never need to use this method of recovery and in some cases it's would be easier/quicker to just fit a simple chip(Aladdin) and leave it there.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

i flashed 1Mo tsop with 256ko custom bios, black screen after that, it's a bad flash ?

i tested tsop_m7 bios without disc in drive, same thing, freeze at logo.

d0 and A15 are soldered to the chip, those are the 2 links to lockout during boot ?

i followed all instructions from manual

https://bitbucket.org/psyko_chewbacca/lpcmod_os/wiki/xblast_lite_manual/Extra_features

Are you sure the DVD drive in that Xbox can reliably read a DVD-r disk, can you test the disk in a different Xbox

Also don't forget Hexen can take awhile to load up to 90 seconds maybe try the OGXbox installer 2021 disk

And Xblast doesn't like non genuine controllers a well.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

2 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Are you sure the DVD drive in that Xbox can reliably read a DVD-r disk, can you test the disk in a different Xbox

Also don't forget Hexen can take awhile to load up to 90 seconds maybe try the OGXbox installer 2021 disk

And Xblast doesn't like non genuine controllers a well.

Cheers

SS Dave

drives read my disks from another bios, i tested hexen and installer 2021, same freeze. i only have genuine controllers

HeXEn and my installer use both BFM bioses. Which meens, after you boot up the bios on your chip dosn't matter anymore and that could be the problem in this case.

Do you know who to use "XBOX - XDVDMulleter"?
In case you know how to unpack and repack a DVD with it, do the following:

1. Unpack my dvd.
  2. Remove the files "default.xbe", "boot.cfg" & "OGXBox.bin"
  3. Rename the "OGXBox.xbe" to "default.xbe".
  4. Repack the DVD with "XBOX - XDVDMulleter".
  5. Burn the ISO.

After that's done, you have a Installer without using any BFMB. You will not be able to use the one or other function but that shouldn't matter to fix your TSOP problem. Flashing will work fine!

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny

Looks like TSOP_M7 BIOS is to boot from DVD disk:

From bennydiamond aka psykochewbacca's post at the now defunct  assemblergames.com:

1.0-1.5 TSOP recover BIOS: tsop_m7.bin
Discussion in 'Xbox (Original console)' started by bennydiamond, Nov 12, 2014:

So since I succesfully integrated mimicked Chameleon TSOP recovery feature into my own modchip, I've started playing some hex editor magic. I made my own BIOS, similar as tsop_d6.bin, that will work exactly as tsop_d6.bin. The only difference is that this BIOS will boot on every Xbox that has a flashable TSOP(so 1.0 to 1.5).

I named it tsop_m7.bin as it uses the kernel found in Evox M7 BIOS.
As tsop_d6, you need to have to solder a wire to the TSOP A15 signal. Chameleon modchip will work it's magic by itself.

If you don't have a Chameleon (or soon a XBlast), you can *try* to manually make it work using a basic modchip like a DuoX2, Xecuter 2.x or aladdin XT. I recommend you use a modchip with at least 2 banks to still be able to flash over this BIOS once you're done. To make it work, you'll have to manually operate D0 and A15 wires. Make them long enough to reach a ground spot. Here's the procedure:
1. Insert you booting disc in the DVD drive(HeXen, Auto-Installer...)
2. Tie both D0 and A15 to ground
3. Boot the Xbox with tsop_m7
4. Remove D0 from ground (leave it hanging without touching anything)once the front LED starts flashing
5. Remove A15 from ground one you see the Xbox logo on your TV.
6. Flash your TSOP using your favorite tool.

Some important info:
- As tsop_d6, you can only boot from a Xbox disc in your DVD drive. If no disc is in the DVD drive, the Xbox will just sit at the booting Xbox Logo.
- There is no boot animation. I chose a really weird color combination for the Xbox logo so you know you're booting the right thing.
- There is a chance this BIOS will not boot if you have previously flashed a hacked BIOS on your TSOP. From personnal experience, M8+ and X2 5035 are problematic across all revisions. IND-BIOS 5004 works on my 1.2 and 1.4 but not on my 1.0(probably an RC4 key issue).
- There is no LBA48 support. This BIOS is not meant to be used as your everyday BIOS anyway.
- Pre-insert you disc in your DVD drive. This BIOS resets on Eject.

I thank Xphazer(on XBMC4Xbox forums) for lending me his Chameleon modchip and weinerschnitzel for supplying me with a 1.4 Xbox. Without them, this would have been nearly impossible to make!

So anyway, I'll just leave this here:

tsop_m7.zip

There's a forum post on the Wayback Machine from an Italian  web site: www dot razielconsole dot com (let Chrome translate it for you):

[Breakdowns and Repairs] XBOX CLASSIC RECOVER TSOP in BAD FLASH

They list the steps to use the tsop_m7 BIOS:

Let's recap:

1) Flash the TSOP_M7.bin in the modchip ( http://assemblergames.com /l/attachme..._m7-zip.12279/ )

2) We enable the writing of the TSOP by shortening the appropriate points present in the specific revision of the motherboard in your possession. In my case a revision 1.0, points R7D3 and R7R4 must be shortened

3) Tin D0 and A15 and put them to ground. These are the points about my revision 1.0

4) We recover a DVD with various onboard tools such as the Hexen Disc Utility and insert it into our Player. The TSOP_M7.BIN Bios can practically perform a boot enabling only the xbox reader as an operating unit.

5) Turn on our Xbox, if you have a modchip with OS such as my XChanger 2.5, select the boot from bank A, that is the 256kb one .. and as soon as the front panel LEDs begin to blink ... cut the mass from D0 ... at this point as soon as the Xbox logo appears on the screen ... also cut the mass from A15.

6) At this point we wait for Hexen to finish loading. Then select the third item "TSOP Flashed / Chipped XBOX Tools" and then select Evox M8plus F and G. If everything is well studied, your onboard TSOP ready to be written will be magically detected:

7) Turn off the XBOX. Remove the modchip and the "flying" connections of points D0 and A15. Turn back on and enjoy your TSOP Hardmodded xbox ... saved from garbage ... and smart recycling!

With the XBlast Lite modchip, I don't believe you need to cut the mass (wire) for the D0 and A15 points.

7 hours ago, Naokhan said:

flashed 1Mo tsop with 256ko custom bios, black screen after that, it's a bad flash ?

Which modified BIOS version was it?

bennydiamond mentions that EvoxM8 and X2 5035 have problems working right with the TSOP_M7 BIOS. (https://assemblergames.org/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=241&start=10#p861)

Since Evox M8, X2 5xxx and some later BIOSes radically changed how the Xbox kernel is packed (because they use a custom 2bl, I don't know why...), you cannot use the current tsop_recovery images to repair a corrupt TSOP that contain either of those. My theory is you could make it work if you'd manually pack a tsop_recovery BIOS containing the magic 2bl and a packed kernel that was packed using evox's 2bl "standard". So far, I have not been able to make this work. I have not dissassembled this evox 2bl to see how it ticks but there is something fishy going in there when it comes to unpacking the kernel.

You may need to install a 29-wire EPROM/parallel FlashROM mod to be able to re-flash your TSOP. (See: Ownmod_diagrams.html from xbox-scene.com at the Wayback Machine.)

Again from bennydiamond at assemblergames.com in reply to Bad_Ad84:

Bad_Ad84 said:

Pretty sure the eprom method works on a tsop in any state too.

bennydiamond said:

Yep, the 29-wire mod with a switch that toggle between the DIP flash chip and the TSOP's "CE" pin will enable you to recover a TSOP regardless of the content of it.

Did it many times when trying to test TSOP recovery feature of XBlast!

Wait, doesn't the XBlast OS on the XBlast Lite modchip already have a TSOP flash recovery feature? 

You don't have to use the TSOP_M7.bin BIOS.

Edit: It does but the documentation I find isn't very clear and still mentions using TSOP_M7.bin:

bennydiamond, aka psyko_chewbacca at bitbucket.com wrote:

See: https://bitbucket.org/psyko_chewbacca/lpcmod_os/wiki/xblast_os_manual/tools#5.4.6-TSOP-recover-force-bank

5.4.6 TSOP recover force bank

This entry is only useful for Xbox console who make uses of XBlast TSOP split feature and that require a TSOP recovery.

This option will let you pre-emptively select a TSOP bank to boot from using the TSOP recovery feature of the XBlast Modchip. More details on this feature can be found in the XBlast Install Manual but the basic idea of this feature is that it requires partial valid data to be present on the TSOP for this to work. "TSOP recover force bank" will let the user choose which TSOP bank the user wishes to use in conjunction with the tsop_m7.bin special BIOS.

Edit: More instructions on using the TSOP recovery feature of the XBlast Lite modchip are found in the Extra Features section of the XBlast Lite modchip's Install Manual:

i flashed an INDbios 5003.67 with custom animation, logo etc unfortunally, 256ko instead of 1Mo

i don't want to do a 29 wires mod or desolder the bios for another one, if i cant with xblast chip, i ll just put an aladdin with upgraded ram.

i ll push the test with iso dvd, pretty easy way to solve this problem. however, i didnt find the feature about tsop recovery, all i can do is boot from tsop bank 0 or 1.

what i understood is when locking d0 and A15 is required to enable tsop flash, the chip do it automaticaly on m7 bios loading. maybe i'm wrong.

edit : i ll double check the bridge on R7D3/R7R4, in my head, i did it once and forever.

Edited by Naokhan

6 hours ago, Naokhan said:

i flashed an INDbios 5003.67 with custom animation, logo etc unfortunally, 256ko instead of 1Mo

i don't want to do a 29 wires mod or desolder the bios for another one, if i cant with xblast chip, i ll just put an aladdin with upgraded ram.

i ll push the test with iso dvd, pretty easy way to solve this problem. however, i didnt find the feature about tsop recovery, all i can do is boot from tsop bank 0 or 1.

what i understood is when locking d0 and A15 is required to enable tsop flash, the chip do it automaticaly on m7 bios loading. maybe i'm wrong.

edit : i ll double check the bridge on R7D3/R7R4, in my head, i did it once and forever.

If you flashed a 256kb to a 1meg(1024kb) chip use the 3 wire trick as that will forces it to only check the 1st 256kb part of the 1024kb TSOP chip.

Cheers

SS Dave

5 hours ago, Naokhan said:

What software did you use to flash it? 

Evox dash will autosize the BIOS (write it 4x one after the other for a v1.0/1.1 TSOP) to fill the entire TSOP. 

GentooX Loader required to flash a Sharp TSOP is the only app I know of that does not.

Edit: Did you upload the ind-bios.cfg file to the root folder of the C drive?

I have a Xblast Lite and TSOP_M7 flashed to one of the banks. I had a TSOP Fragged XBOX that I tried it on to recover the TSOP. TSOP was flashed with a M8plus that fragged on it. M7 Bios would not boot.  It only boots to recover a MS original TSOP or a possibly a IND 2004 on some xbox versions, It will not recover any other messed up BIOS on the TSOP.   I tried this for countless hours. I tried booting the TSOP.M7 on  M8Plus, Xecuter, IND Bios flashed TSOP bioses. It will boot none of them. Only one it booted fro me was the MS Genuine TSOP and I was able to flash that one. All others it did  not boot. Wish I had read this quote from the creator carefully! 

"- There is a chance this BIOS will not boot if you have previously flashed a hacked BIOS on your TSOP. From personnal experience, M8+ and X2 5035 are problematic across all revisions. IND-BIOS 5004 works on my 1.2 and 1.4 but not on my 1.0(probably an RC4 key issue)."

6 hours ago, Raja said:

From personnal experience, M8+ and X2 5035 are problematic across all revisions.

I use the EvoxM8plus on all versions unless it has a Ram upgrade and I don't have any issues.

I also have not had any problems with the X2-5035 bios and I use that TSOP flashed on version 1.0-1.1 128 meg boards.

Cheers

SS Dave

8 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

I use the EvoxM8plus on all versions unless it has a Ram upgrade and I don't have any issues.

I also have not had any problems with the X2-5035 bios and I use that TSOP flashed on version 1.0-1.1 128 meg boards.

Cheers

SS Dave

Dave, I maybe didn't clarify myself. TSOP_m7 will not boot it self  flashed on a modchip if the tsop that is fragged has a Xecuter or EvoxM8 bios flashed onto it. I tried this by connecting d0 and A15 to ground on a Xenium ICE modchip and also a Xblast Lite which has A15 and D0 solder points on the modchip.

TSOP recovery methods are only good for 1MB flash motherboards.  Motherboards that have a 256KB TSOP flash can only be recovered if the the TSOP that is fragged on them was a MS original Bios. If trying to recover a bad flash on a 256kb motherboard that has a M8plus or Xecuter will not recover, TSOP_M7 will not boot.

If someone had luck with this plz let me know how.