OGXbox.com

i ordered a few things for my 2 modded xboxs

bulkchart32

UPDATE: i got the stuff in the mail yesterday. the ide cables are the exact length of the oem cable and look great. they would especially look good in a clear or translucent case. i haven't tried them yet(i intend to soon) so i don't know about their performance. the new feet are made of a flexible plastic so they won't have the anti-slip properties of the rubber feet. they also have no adhesive on them so u will have to supply your own.  the controller to usb adapter is a VERY snug fit in the controller. it works but it will be very hard to remove. i tried removing it with needle nose pliers but stopped trying because i was afraid i would damage something. i'll try to give an update on the ide cables when i install one. they appear to be the perfect replacement. if u have any questions then please feel free to ask.

Here is how my eBay 80way IDE cables look and notice the 4 pin power connector now has the wires exiting downward from the chinse Sata2Ide with a 3D printed insulator. 

IMG_20200809_124253.jpg.248246ee0fd29bb4242d959c8a4af685.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bulkchart32 said:

UPDATE: i got the stuff in the mail yesterday. the ide cables are the exact length of the oem cable and look great. they would especially look good in a clear or translucent case. i haven't tried them yet(i intend to soon) so i don't know about their performance. the new feet are made of a flexible plastic so they won't have the anti-slip properties of the rubber feet. they also have no adhesive on them so u will have to supply your own.  the controller to usb adapter is a VERY snug fit in the controller. it works but it will be very hard to remove. i tried removing it with needle nose pliers but stopped trying because i was afraid i would damage something. i'll try to give an update on the ide cables when i install one. they appear to be the perfect replacement. if u have any questions then please feel free to ask.

UPDATE 2: i just installed the new ide cable and it works perfectly. highly recommended. it is identical in length to the oem cable.

3 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Here is how my eBay 80way IDE cables look and notice the 4 pin power connector now has the wires exiting downward from the chinse Sata2Ide with a 3D printed insulator. 

IMG_20200809_124253.jpg.248246ee0fd29bb4242d959c8a4af685.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

hey dave. i was actually thinking about tagging u in one of my updates. i highly recommend these chimeric ide 80-pin cables. i stretched it out beside a stock ide cable and it was identical in length and spacing of the connecters. i also think the dark gray color looks better. it seems to have good flexibility too. the new feet and memory card port-to-usb controller adapter work very well too.

Edited by bulkchart32