OGXbox.com

What Modchip Is this?

xDarkMaster

I GOT BOTH XBOXES WORKING(without the dvd working for now). Both modchips ended up working just fine. Now my trial is to get those dvd working or to get an old pc dvd of mine to work at least for movies. For those interested i used xboxhdmusb to format a master ide hdd and then i restored C and E partitions from a guy who uploaded them on youtube. Just copied his files in the xboxhdmusb/hdm/C and */E folders and followed his instructions to rebuild the partitions. Thank you all, gonna donate to the website asap if still can

11 hours ago, xDarkMaster said:

UPDATE: I was able to format the new hdd i intend to use (an old 80gb maxtor ide hdd) via xboxhdmusb. It made like 6 partitions that i can read with fatxplorer. Tried to plug straight into the xbox and gave me an error 7. So i guess i have to install a dashboard on it now, but i can't find the files i need for it(i guess i need evox dash since when i boot that xbox i get a purple watermark stating "Evo X"). Online i was only able to find people saying to use hexen or evox autoinstaller(which for obvious reasons i cannot use).

The Evox logo on the start up screen just means the BIOS you're using is most probably one of the Evox M8+ series. It could be an earlier version and, although highly unlikely, the Evox logo could have been applied to a non-Evox BIOS using a BIOS editing tool.

The EvoX dashboard has little or nothing to do with the BIOS except that the name used by the dashboard XBE and its path will likely be C:\evoxdash.xbe by default. That does not mean it is an EvoX dash just that is the what it must be named.

Again that can be changed by a BIOS editing tool.

You can install any dash eg. UnleashX, XBMC4Xbox, Avalaunch or Evox; it does not matter what the BIOS is but its launching XBE will, probably, need to be named evoxdash.xbe. 

Many softmods dashboards are set up in the same way but use E:\ rather a C:\ location. So even if you have an UnleashX main dash the, typical, although not universal, path used will be E:\evoxdash.xbe.

Any installer disc will have the stock and dashboard files (UnleashX, XBMC, EvoX etc) necessary so you do not need to use it from a disc they can be extracted from an ISO download using Qwix or the C-Xbox Tool and installed using FATXplorer. But you do need to know what goes where so ask before doing anything if you can't find that out for yourself.  

Edited by HDShadow

10 minutes ago, HDShadow said:

The Evox logo on the start up screen just means the BIOS you're using is most probably one of the Evox M8+ series. It could be an earlier version and, although highly unlikely, the Evox logo could have been applied to a non-Evox BIOS using a BIOS editing tool.

The EvoX dashboard has little or nothing to do with the BIOS except that the name used by the dashboard XBE and its path will likely be C:\evoxdash.xbe by default. That does not mean it is an EvoX dash just that is the what it must be named.

Again that can be changed by a BIOS editing tool.

You can install any dash eg. UnleashX, XBMC4Xbox, Avalaunch or Evox; it does not matter what the BIOS is but its launching XBE will, probably, need to be named evoxdash.xbe. 

Many softmods dashboards are set up in the same way but use E:\ rather a C:\ location. So even if you have an UnleashX main dash the, typical, although not universal, path used will be E:\evoxdash.xbe.

Any installer disc will have the stock and dashboard files (UnleashX, XBMC, EvoX etc) necessary so you do not need to use it from a disc they can be extracted from an ISO download using Qwix or the C-Xbox Tool and installed using FATXplorer. But you do need to know what goes where so ask before doing anything if you can't find that out for yourself.  

Thanks. In fact,as i stated, in the end i didn't even need to use Qwix, i just got the entire partions' files from that youtube guy. Since they contained a evoxdash.xbe and evox.ini file i thought they were right for my bios.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2021 at 4:45 AM, xDarkMaster said:

The fact Is that I own 2 Xbox dvd drives (one per Xbox). The first is a Philps one,but I doesn't even boot when plugged in(doesn't open and if I insert a game dvd manually and boot the console it doesn't spin) and Xbox spits error 12. The other one is a Thomson which boots and is recognised by the motherboard but won t read any type of disk. So obviously I can't flash anything

You can build a new HDD on a PC for it using XboxHDM23USB Beta 2.  Add the files from the Clean_C_and_E_Files_for_Xbox.7z archive along with evoxdash.xbe and evox.ini from the xbins distribution of Evoxdash Build 3935 archive to the HDM\C folder.  You can add all the files from the evoxdash but those two files are the minimum I'd add to be able to boot the replacement dashboard from the hard drive.

Connect the new HDD to the PC using a USB-to-HDD interface adapter, run XboxHDM23USB by double-clicking on xboxhd.bat in Windows' File Explorer, select option 2 - Launch xboxhdm and follow the instructions presented, exit the app, disconnect the hard drive from the PC and install it into the Xbox.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

You can build a new HDD on a PC for it using XboxHDM23USB Beta 2.  Add the files from the Clean_C_and_E_Files_for_Xbox.7z archive along with evoxdash.xbe and evox.ini from the xbins distribution of Evoxdash Build 3935 archive to the HDM\C folder.

Connect the new HDD to the PC using a USB-to-HDD interface adapter, run XboxHDM23USB by double-clicking on xboxhd.bat in Windows' File Explorer, select option 2 - Launch xboxhdm and follow the instructions presented, exit the app, disconnect the hard drive from the PC and install it into the Xbox.

I already got them working. thanks anyway

• Like 1