OGXbox.com

Unlock hdd?

Tysonb

Hi guys,

Now i've done it..don't know exactly how i did it but i did..

First i softmodded my xbox but after that i had no dashboard when i booted. That was strange but after that i put in a new 2tb hdd and loaded chimp and cloned my hdd to the new hdd and after that i locked the hdd...

When i put in the 2tb hdd i get errors and i also cant boot hexen or rocky5. Also i can't clone it again.

When i put this 2tb locked hdd in a xbox with openxenium i cant unlock hdd and i cant ftp any files on the hdd.

Is there any way to save my hdd? Its  a new one..

I hope some one can help me.

Pease out

52 minutes ago, Tysonb said:

When i put in the 2tb hdd i get errors and i also cant boot hexen or rocky5.

That's because it is not booting, What error code?

When i put this 2tb locked hdd in a xbox with openxenium i cant unlock hdd and i cant ftp any files on the hdd.

Because it is still locked to the other Xbox that it was locked in, probably the one you softmodded.

Is there any way to save my hdd? Its  a new one..

The easiest way is fit a modchip in the softmodded Xbox then put the 2tb back in it. It should unlock ok.

As the unlock key is stored in the eeprom of the Xbox you had the drive in when you locked it you could read the eeprom from that Xbox to get the key and use a different Xbox to unlock it.

If you used the Rocky5's softmod it then the key could be 32 Zeros(0) or 32 ones(1)

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.