OGXbox.com

Xecuter 2.6 on v1.6 advice

AtariSoul

Hello Friends

I think this has 2 x 512mb banks on this chip.

On bank 1 I have xecuter x5035 and when I switch to bank 2 I get a blank screen, so I presume its empty.

I am going to use @sweetdarkdestinyinstaller disc 2021 as it has everything!

Is there any software to check this correctly? I have tried the BIOS checker on @sweetdarkdestiny installer disc and it doesn't actually state x5035 but one of the dashboards does identify it. 

I was thinking of keeping x5035 on bank 1 and flash Evox M8Plus_1.6 nodvd on bank 2.

I believe x5035 uses a config ini file to modify its settings,  and I can use Evox m8 x4gamers EEC and ignore the presence of the DVD drive. I presume I can do this on the x5035 via the ini to point to  x4gamers dash and ignore the DVD?

If this all sounds right, which app should use to keep bank 1 and flash 2 as there is a x2 flasher software. I can see an x2config under the BIOS on the installer DVD. 

@sweetdarkdestinyrecommends "2.2. Flash ModChip or TSOP (No Winbond/Sharp TSOP!)."

and there is "2.2.3. Flash Xecuter Bios (XBox v1.0/v1.5)." but I have a v1.6

Sorry for all these questions, I have been thinking about this for days and need your advice.

Thank you

7 minutes ago, AtariSoul said:

On bank 1 I have xecuter x5035 and when I switch to bank 2 I get a blank screen, so I presume its empty.

With the executor 2.6 you need to combine the 2 X 512kb bios file in to 1 X 1012kb(1meg) file then flash that.

This program will allow you to combine the 2 bios files in to 1 X1meg file that you can then flash to the chip

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/z6arf91ixphfuua/AAC0uaa2wmGOxxpEE9udL4N7a?dl=0

8 minutes ago, AtariSoul said:

If this all sounds right, which app should use to keep bank 1 and flash 2 as there is a x2 flasher software. I can see an x2config under the BIOS on the installer DVD. 

It properly has a bios file in the other bank that is not 1.6 compatible.

When your adding the X2-5035 bios make sure it has v16 in the file name(x2.5035.v16plus.137.bin) or it will not work on the version 1.6 board

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Thanks @SS_Davefor your reply.  Its been over 15 years since I did this :) I do recall the program you posted on DropBox now!

I also have a X3 modded XBOX, if I remember correctly, I can browse from Windows to the XBOX and flash it across the LAN.  

I presume for the X2 I'll have to FTP or copy via USB stick to hard drive and then use a flashing tool from @sweetdarkdestinyinstall DVD?

1 hour ago, AtariSoul said:

Thanks @SS_Davefor your reply.  Its been over 15 years since I did this :) I do recall the program you posted on DropBox now!

I presume for the X2 I'll have to FTP or copy via USB stick to hard drive and then use a flashing tool from @sweetdarkdestinyinstall DVD?

Yes FTP the compiled bios to the X2.6 board and use any flash program or FTP Xblast.xbe to the X2.6 box and then you can flash the chip from you home network.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

1 hour ago, AtariSoul said:

Thanks @SS_Davefor your reply.  I did try XBLAST but it said "unsupported modchip" so I just used 5.2.1.7. FlashX v1.2 XECUTER on  @sweetdarkdestiny install disk.

Happy New Year :) 

It has been 12 months since I flashed my X2.6 chip and Xblast is my goto flash program then raincoat flash.

The main thing is you now have it working with a new BIOS.

Happy New Year to you as well

Cheers

SS Dave