OGXbox.com

Not able to browse to config.xml to find the FTP credentials. Any suggestions?

Crismon57

New to the forum and to the topic in general.

The console was given to me by a friend, it comes loaded with some version of Unleash X. I have been trying to connect via FTP to load more games (DVD reader is broken). 

Sadly i don't know the credentials and not finding any way inside the dashboard to go to the config.xml file to get them.

I read about FATXplorer so I guess that if I don't find any alternative from inside. I can always just plug in and look for the file on my PC but I will like to avoid buying all the adapters just for a one time use.

Couple of pics from the menus that I can access (In Spanish lol)

https://ibb.co/XWMmkfn
https://ibb.co/C8GHv9J
https://ibb.co/kJ0y2tF

20 minutes ago, bolofski said:

download sweetdarkdestinys boot disk thats on here, if you can boot from that it has dhcp ftp access straight from the boot screen

That not going to be easy. Here is why the OP is trying to FTP

7 hours ago, Crismon57 said:

I have been trying to connect via FTP to load more games (DVD reader is broken)

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Open the File Manager (It should be either in "System" or in the root directory (depends where ppl. have put it...)). search for : "config.xml" in the UnleashX folder and click on it. The build in texteditor will open and you can edit the file.

Or go to system (Some times called admin) -> settings -> network settings.

Option 3. In case you have an unlocked SATA HDD (or you PC still has an IDE port, if an IDE HDD is in there) You can use "FATXplorer Beta 3" and edit the config file on you PC.  But again, your HDD has to be unlocked for that.

Jeez that's a weird old set up - never seen anything like that.

Default UnleashX blue skin home screen but a customised Xboy Adavance file manager - odd. How do you get a customised UnleashX file manager skin with the default UnleashX skin? The whole point of the default skin is that it defaults everything as a safety net for any skin related problems.

And what is that ************ under DVD on the System (Utilidades) sub-menu?

Grabar means Record in Spanish so I'm guessing that is the Disc Copy utility UnleashX often includes. That also suggests it is just the bottom half of the UnleashX System > Settings menu we're seeing too. In which case the Network settings  information is probably there, just higher up the menu, possibly: Configuracion de red.

Its that Xboy Advanced file manager screen that has me perplexed; it suggest the Xbox might be hardmodded although it could just be a very old softmod which put everything on C:\. But four XBEs - that's unusual. Evoxdash.xbe likely the UnleashX main dash, xboxdash.xbe should be the original MS dash unless it is a softmod which, if it is, means it is more likely the "original.xbe" would be the MS dash. That leaves the modxboxdash.xbe which I won't even guess at.

So that's a Xboy Advance emulator 'file manager' or a C:\ drive display available via the emulator.

That raises the question: why?

It would perhaps have been more helpful to see the UnleashX's file manager C and E drive content screens than use an emulator for whatever reason. The UnleashX file manager (Administrador de archivos?) must surely be available in the main menu below Utilitades.

Hi thanks to all for your replies. So here is were I am at, due to the fact that looks nearly imposible to find the ftp information.

I got my self an USB adapter to plug the HDD to my PC.

https://ibb.co/ZfRSmJY

I did that and tried to open it with FATXplorer but it doesn't find the HDD. I read that it may be because is locked... So I don't know how to proceed from here.

https://ibb.co/TWL9vGW

Any suggestions?

And again thanks a lot!!

On 12/25/2020 at 3:48 AM, SS_Dave said:

It is probably set to a static IP

IP address 192.168.0.100

Subnet 255.255.255.0

Gateway 192.168.0.1

User  xbox

Password xbox

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Tried that and no luck :C

2 hours ago, HDShadow said:

So that's a Xboy Advance emulator 'file manager' or a C:\ drive display available via the emulator.

That raises the question: why?

It would perhaps have been more helpful to see the UnleashX's file manager C and E drive content screens than use an emulator for whatever reason. The UnleashX file manager (Administrador de archivos?) must surely be available in the main menu below Utilitades.

That is correct it's just from the room file explorator from the Xboy Advance emulator. 

This Unleash X version doesn't have a file manager for reasons that I can only theorize. I guess that the person who mounted this was someone from a shop and they wanted to keep the customer with them so they locked every possibility for the client itself or someone else to access the console and modify it. 

On 12/25/2020 at 4:38 AM, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Open the File Manager (It should be either in "System" or in the root directory (depends where ppl. have put it...)). search for : "config.xml" in the UnleashX folder and click on it. The build in texteditor will open and you can edit the file.

Or go to system (Some times called admin) -> settings -> network settings.

Option 3. In case you have an unlocked SATA HDD (or you PC still has an IDE port, if an IDE HDD is in there) You can use "FATXplorer Beta 3" and edit the config file on you PC.  But again, your HDD has to be unlocked for that.

I guess that I should had read this before. I think that the HDD is locked. 

On 12/25/2020 at 9:31 AM, HDShadow said:

Jeez that's a weird old set up - never seen anything like that.

Default UnleashX blue skin home screen but a customised Xboy Adavance file manager - odd. How do you get a customised UnleashX file manager skin with the default UnleashX skin? The whole point of the default skin is that it defaults everything as a safety net for any skin related problems.

And what is that ************ under DVD on the System (Utilidades) sub-menu?

Grabar means Record in Spanish so I'm guessing that is the Disc Copy utility UnleashX often includes. That also suggests it is just the bottom half of the UnleashX System > Settings menu we're seeing too. In which case the Network settings  information is probably there, just higher up the menu, possibly: Configuracion de red.

Its that Xboy Advanced file manager screen that has me perplexed; it suggest the Xbox might be hardmodded although it could just be a very old softmod which put everything on C:\. But four XBEs - that's unusual. Evoxdash.xbe likely the UnleashX main dash, xboxdash.xbe should be the original MS dash unless it is a softmod which, if it is, means it is more likely the "original.xbe" would be the MS dash. That leaves the modxboxdash.xbe which I won't even guess at.

It is a old weird setup. That ****** takes me to this https://ibb.co/1vGvMgG Asked in reddit and someone told me to try  "A Y B X" No luck.. LOL

Grabar or Record doesn't do anything. There is no "Network settings" from this dashboard. I can go to the original dashboard and then go to settings and there I can find a "Network settings" option but when I click on it it just takes me back to the Unleash X home dashboard. Definetly this is the work of a genius!! Hahaha

Let's keep it simple then. Load my installer (DHCP or Static IP what ever is better for you (Depends on how you have connectet your XBox)) and tranfere the files you need that way.

https://1fichier.com/dir/mX1kipIz

You could also replace the Dashboard and after that make a FTP connection without the Installer.

For that just launch the File Explorer from the "live apps menu" go to the folder "DefaultFiles" in there is a folder "e" -> "Dash". From there copy the folder "UnleashX" to your XBox in the folder of your UnleashX Dashboard. Maybe Rename your UnleashX to UnleashX-ORIGINAL and copy the new one to the same driectory of your old so that the new will boot on power on. After that it should be like a walk in the park.

If I had an xbox like this I would first try to clean the laser eye on the DVD drive to get it to read (search for guides). Try just cleaning with q tip and alcohol.  You may see info about pot tweaking- just know not all drives benefit from this and already maxed (adjustment may damage laser). I'd first test the drive with an official game or legit DVD, if that works burn one of the tools disc referenced above.

Second option is to unlock the drive over it's com port. If you happen to have an FTDI FT232 adapter laying around you(common if you do things with arduinos). Use my method of unlocking and relocking the drive to access the files. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X9YJdMUA1vZKSTEyvfA2OhaHScy0f6wzLk0nE7q9vLw/edit?usp=sharing

Third option is to hotswap the drive when it is an unlocked state. Then you'll have access through FATXplorer. Something like this 

Otherwise if you're forced to buy something, I'd go with a modchip https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GWQXP62/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1. Install along with a new HDD built with Xboxhdmusb.

18 hours ago, Crismon57 said:

Tried that and no luck :C

That is correct it's just from the room file explorator from the Xboy Advance emulator. 

This Unleash X version doesn't have a file manager for reasons that I can only theorize. I guess that the person who mounted this was someone from a shop and they wanted to keep the customer with them so they locked every possibility for the client itself or someone else to access the console and modify it. 

The previous owner or modder must have removed the menu option from config.xml to access UnleashX's file manager.

<Menu>

<Item Action="FileManager">File Explorer</Item>

</Menu>