OGXbox.com

After 15 years i pulled my xbox out

Gurjsagoo

nice, ive just recently acquired an xbox with the X3CP front on, quite rare and valuable now so well done for keeping it safe for 15 years! the clock caps are usually ok on the 1.6's but if it has gone bad you can replace, it does mean stripping the xbox down to the board though to delsolder the old capacitor though

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, bolofski said:

nice, ive just recently acquired an xbox with the X3CP front on, quite rare and valuable now so well done for keeping it safe for 15 years! the clock caps are usually ok on the 1.6's but if it has gone bad you can replace, it does mean stripping the xbox down to the board though to delsolder the old capacitor though

Hello bro. Thanks for the reply. Wil this fix the clock issue from resetting

well firstly i would physically inspect the clock capacitor, on a 1.6 its by the ide connector on the board, its not one of the leaky type but it may be bulging,  the 1.6 needs a clock capacitor in place to boot so if you need to replace order a like for like rated cap and then swap them out. even if you do replace it then the xbox will need to be plugged in for it to keep date/time for more than a day or so anyway so not really worth it unless you are leaving it set up and it really bothers you!  

• Like 1