OGXbox.com

Aladdin XT Plus 2 Firmware

dirtykash

No.  But you can get an updated version to make it into a XBlast-Aladdin which supports swapping out the SST49LF020A with an SST49LF080A to support multiple banks: 1 - 256KB XblastOS bank, 1 - 512KB User programmable BIOS bank and 1 - 256KB User programmable BIOS bank.

Aladdin_XBlast - ke package.zip (2.4MB) (Edit: KaosEngineer's - ke's, my, updated archive the XBlastOS v0.50 software repository included)  However,  XBlastOS v0.56 is the latest now.  I need to update this package to include it instead of or in addition to the v0.50 release of XBlastOS.)

or

Aladdin_XBlast.zip (291KB) (BennyDiamond's - a.k.a. psykochewbacca - original file)

I think there's documentation in the archives which describe the usage of the various SVF files included in them.

Edit: There's only 1 SVF file in these archives.  There are other Aladdin modification SVF files for various changes that can be made to the Aladdin XT plus 2 modchip. I need to find them again.

I've attached those MEGA.NZ downloadable archives to this post too:

1170616186_Aladdin_XBlast-kepackage.zip Aladdin_XBlast.zip

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dirtykash said:

Are any of these compatible with the standard SST49LF020A and the standard Aladdin bios?

Yes, there is one that changes the way the modchip is disabled.  A long button press disables it. Exactly the opposite of the stock Aladdin XT Plus 2 that requires a long button press to enable the modchip.  And, adds write protect.

It's one of the VHDL source projects described at https://bitbucket.org/psyko_chewbacca/aladdin_xt_cpld/src/master/ and found in the downloaded zip archive - psyko_chewbacca-aladdin_xt_cpld-8a4ca9bdb731.zip.  You'll need to compile the VHDL file to create the SVF file to program the LC4032V.

256KB_LPCmod_protect

Support 256KB SST49LF020 and SST49LF020A devices and gives a single 256KB flash bank. Optional switch connected between pad H0 and ground can disable writing support. Without any switch, write support is always enabled. Optional device disable feature on long power button press by linking the BT pad to the front panel power button. If not interfacing front panel power button, device is always active.

11 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

What are you needing a dot SVF file for?

To fix an Aladdin I flashed with the Xblast code with and couldn't get the 49lf to flash in Xblast-OS

I have a programmer on the way to flash to 49lf and would like to have my only aladdin chip back working if possible

Compiling the VHDL needs ispLEVER which I have but cant use without a license so cant compile myself either.