OGXbox.com

Aladdin XT plus 2 : EvoX logo is displayed, but mochip is not booting

eldontyrell

Hello,

I just finished installing the Aladdin XT plus 2 modchip on my V1.0/1.1 xbox.
It "seems" like it's correctly installed because I can see the EvoX logo when switching the console on, but the mochip is not booting.
I have connected the D0 point of the motherboard to the mochip.
BT is connected to the nearest ground (quick solder pad).

Thanks for your help!

Stéphane

5 hours ago, eldontyrell said:

It "seems" like it's correctly installed because I can see the EvoX logo when switching the console on, but the mochip is not booting.
I have connected the D0 point of the motherboard to the mochip.
BT is connected to the nearest ground (quick solder pad).

Since you see the EvoX shield, the modchip is working as it should be. D0 and BT are correctly connected.

However, ... (see next post)

The Boot Partitions and Executables settings of the Evox BIOS may not be set to load your replacement dashboard.

The default settings for them in the stock as distributed by Team Evolution-X are:

1. C:\evoXdash.xbe
  2. C:\AvaDash.xbe
  3. C:\neXgen.xbe

760380485_EvoxM8plus_16EVToolSettingsChangesfromdistroversion.PNG.49b5ed212fab6cdd555218d2c0390642.PNG

Where is your replacement dashboard installed on the Xbox's hard drive?  Do you even have one installed?

Is it booting into the stock MS Dashboard or stuck at the big X logo at the end of the startup (flubber) animation?

What do you mean by (see next post)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, eldontyrell said:

but the mochip is not booting.

?

If you see the Evox logo, it is booting. 

Do you see the stock MS dashboard?  If so, you are ready to proceed to the next step of modding the Xbox.

Installation of the modchip to boot a modified Xbox BIOS is only the first step in hard modding the Xbox.

Next, you need to download, extract, burn to DVD-R media then boot an installer disc (e.g., OGXBox Installer 2021 UX PBL v1.0.3) to install a replacement dashboard.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

?

If you see the Evox logo, it is booting. 

Do you see the stock MS dashboard?  If so, you are ready to proceed to the next step of modding the Xbox.

Installation of the modchip to boot a modified Xbox BIOS is only the first step in hard modding the Xbox.

Next, you need to download, extract, burn to DVD-R media then boot an installer disc (e.g., OGXBox Installer 2021 UX PBL v1.0.3) to install a replacement dashboard.

Hello!
Thanks for your answer.
Indeed, it's booting into in the ms dash board.
So, I should install a replacement dash board on the hard drive, right ?
I'm going to burn a dvd with some image. 
In the link you provided, I see someone commented saying that we should install Hexen instead ?

Stéphane

3 minutes ago, eldontyrell said:

In the link you provided, I see someone commented saying that we should install Hexen instead ?

Stéphane

That was me (I have made the OGXBox installer) and if you read the hole topic you get the point why I wrote that (and because of nin1). You are good with OGXBox installer. Check the "Folder links" for the version 1.0.3 Kaos has linked.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, eldontyrell said:

Hello!
Thanks for your answer.
Indeed, it's booting into in the ms dash board.
So, I should install a replacement dash board on the hard drive, right ?
I'm going to burn a dvd with some image. 

Stéphane

Use the installer in the link provided and don't waste your time with Hexen.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Use the installer in the link provided and don't waste your time with Hexen.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Ok thanks.

I tried burning a dvd-rw but unfortunately the Thompson drive is very picky and I cannot use these medias. I have ordered dvd-r's.

Thanks for your help.

Ps : can I install a 500 gb drive ? Will I be able to use the whole space ?

13 minutes ago, eldontyrell said:

Ps : can I install a 500 gb drive ? Will I be able to use the whole space ?

Yes you can use a 500gb drive.

Put it in your XBox and boot up the DVD.

1. Launch XBPartitioner from the Live Apps menu "1.6.8. Launch XB Partitioner" and format your drive. After that, reboot.
  2. Now choose " 3.1. Setup a new large HDD. " Format the drive again (Needed because of a XBP bug). The XBox will reboot again when done.
  3. Now choose  "3.2. Setup Basic User Folders.". Now your are done and can install other apps, dashboards or emulators you like.

1 hour ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

1. Launch XBPartitioner from the Live Apps menu "1.6.8. Launch XB Partitioner" and format your drive. After that, reboot.
  2. Now choose " 3.1. Setup a new large HDD. " Format the drive again (Needed because of a XBP bug). The XBox will reboot again when done.
  3. Now choose  "3.2. Setup Basic User Folders.". Now your are done and can install other apps, dashboards or emulators you like.

I have installed a 500 gb HD ... I just noticed it was an SATA drive :)
Fortunately I had a spare IDE - SATA converter.
Waiting for the DVD-R's now...

Stéphane

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2020 at 9:20 AM, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Hello,

This evening I was able to install the dashboard on my HD (with hexen, I also tried to boot using the og xbox installer but it never worked...), and the cheap sata to ide interface from aliexpress is perfectly working. 

Next step is installing all the emulators and roms.

Stéphane