Jump to content
OGXbox.com

Bios without logo.


Riff-Raff
 Share

Recommended Posts

So I managed to repair my xbox and while I was at it I got to work on a couple of 1.6s I had. I've installed the Aladdin XT Plus2 and I left the on board led off so it doesn't turn on. I used the TruHexen 2020 disk and flashed the 256k BIOS, v1.6. Now when I boot, as I'm sure most of you know, I get the purple triangle with the Evo X logo. I don't really care for the logo and I would like advice on what would be the best BIOS to install on a:

1.6 with an Aladdin chip

stock hdd but going to upgrade eventually

working dvd drive but that may be removed

want F and G

no LOGO.

Thanks guys!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Riff-Raff said:

So I managed to repair my xbox and while I was at it I got to work on a couple of 1.6s I had. I've installed the Aladdin XT Plus2 and I left the on board led off so it doesn't turn on. I used the TruHexen 2020 disk and flashed the 256k BIOS, v1.6. Now when I boot, as I'm sure most of you know, I get the purple triangle with the Evo X logo. I don't really care for the logo and I would like advice on what would be the best BIOS to install on a:

1.6 with an Aladdin chip

stock hdd but going to upgrade eventually

working dvd drive but that may be removed

want F and G

no LOGO.

Thanks guys!

Download the distribution version of Evox M8plus and EVTool v1.0.9.

Extract both archives then run EVTool.

Click on Open... and browse to the location of the file, M8plus_16.bin, to load the BIOS into the app.

Change the LBA48 settings drop down selection, DVD Drive Check, and EvoX Logo check boxes as shown below:

1178022859_EvoxM8plus_16EVToolSettingsChangesfromdistroversion.PNG.339e7ebe66b5dd06b810e49de3753952.PNG

Note: Depending where your default dashboard is installed, you may need to make changes to the Boot Partitions and Executables section.

Click Save as... to create a new dot bin file with the changes.  Give the updated BIOS a different name (e.g., m8plus_16_LBA67_nodvd_or_logo.bin).

Upload the new file to the BIOS subfolder where Evoxdash is installed on your Xbox. Run the Evoxdash and select the Flash BIOS menu option generally found under the System Utils option.  Follow the onscreen instructions to complete flashing the updated BIOS to your modchip.  After flashing the new BIOS is complete, the console will reboot and the Evox logo will no longer appear in the upper left-hand corner of the screen.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello Kaos, thanks for the information. I was looking at EVTool and thinking about trying that to a bios I had. I didn't want to take a chance and mess up though. I will give it a shot now that I know I was in the right direction. The picture you posted doesn't show up. When I click on it I just get 404 invalid url. Thanks for the quick reply. This is good stuff!

 

Just saw your post and wanted to say thanks Benur75!

Edited by Riff-Raff
added reply to Benur75
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I replaced the standard Evox logo with one of my own design. I use a red theme for my Aladdin chipped machine and a green one for TSOPS.

The additional thing I also edited with the EVTool  to remove them was the Trademark Symbol option ie. the very small 'TM' icon beside the X, the XBOX and Microsoft logo. I just find them annoying because on two of the TV/Xbox combos I use regularly which can only display in 480i (CRT with RGB SCART cables) the 'TM' icon is unreadable.

On my Xecuter 2.6CE v1.6 on a WS TV at 480p I use a different but similar customised Evox BIOS installed when I bought that Xbox pre-chipped. They removed the 'TM' too, probably for the same reason.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

I'm not sure what happened to the image.  After I edited the post it was being displayed but when I looked this time it was not.  

I fixed it.  Hopefully! :)

 

Thank you for your time.

 

26 minutes ago, HDShadow said:

I replaced the standard Evox logo with one of my own design. I use a red theme for my Aladdin chipped machine and a green one for TSOPS.

This seems interesting. How did you make your logo? I assume it has to be a certain size? Could be cool to have a RR logo. lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do have an EvoX dash icon I made years ago.

1190157184_EvoX(1).png.45a79889457c095ea6a700c8e456392a.png1199303998_EvoX(2).png.57340fab6f9d40cac9760275a60d8246.png

The first one's font I'd chosen was a bit eccentric so I tried it with a more conventional one cut and pasted from another EvoX icon. I've still no idea what the font is called but it looked more 'Xboxy' than that first font so I went with it.

If anyone can identify what that second font is I'd be interested to know.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 11 months later...
On 12/4/2020 at 1:47 PM, HDShadow said:

I do have an EvoX dash icon I made years ago.

1190157184_EvoX(1).png.45a79889457c095ea6a700c8e456392a.png1199303998_EvoX(2).png.57340fab6f9d40cac9760275a60d8246.png

The first one's font I'd chosen was a bit eccentric so I tried it with a more conventional one cut and pasted from another EvoX icon. I've still no idea what the font is called but it looked more 'Xboxy' than that first font so I went with it.

If anyone can identify what that second font is I'd be interested to know.   

Nice logo's HDShadow! 

Do you have them on hand to share? 

I am having difficulty importing a different logo to replace the pink evox that's displayed on the top left upon boot. I have resized the image to 128x128 pixels using paint.net and saved as .dss, but EVtool is throwing out an incorrect texture file size error.

I'm not sure what else to do with this, any advice would be appreciated.

Edit: never mind I figured it out, the only thing i did differently was saved the .dss with the A4R4G4B4 format.

Edited by ASTRAL
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The default DDS format that PDN saved in use to work but I think the plugin was updated to provide a wider number of DDS formats and whatever the default one is now doesn't work.

As you've discovered the B4G4R4A4 (Linear, A4R4G4B4) is the one to use.

I've attached 480x480 PNG copies of both the EvoX dash icons.

I'd suggest that whatever main dash you're using you don't use them any bigger than 256x256.

I always try to minimize icon sizes as UnleashX has an unwritten total main dash icon size my guess is about somewhere under 100MB. I think it is a memory issue but whatever it is if you exceed that limit some of the icons won't display and it'll affect the dash boot time too. For that reason I use <50KB as my 256x256 icon file size aim point.

If you use PDN it has an "Optimised PNG" save file type plugin which can reduce the file size of images with a limited range of colours/textures without much effect on image quality.

256x256 is also ideal for XBMC thumbnails too.

1570875914_EvoX(1)Final.png.eb63a4257ff66028c2aa17e337b58f0b.png

1019305794_EvoX(2)Final.png.cc049a9b4137957b4a043b39dda8e912.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

Board Life Status


Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.