OGXbox.com

Using OG xbox PSU as molex source? How to Keep on?

streetguru

21 minutes ago, streetguru said:

Found the pin out
https://www.ogxbox.com/forums/index.php?/topic/24-xbox-power-supply-pinouts/

So I need to bridge white to black, think it's a 1.6v

But do I also need to bridge blue to black to keep it powered on? It's going to power one fan for a 3D printer using the molex connector

I would suggest you use a 12 volt plug back (Wall Wart)type supply over a Xbox supply it's safer.

To make a Xbox supply turn on you need to supply a 3.3 volt signal to the PowOn pin, On a version 1.2-1.4 Delta supply you would connect the White (PowON) and Gray (3.3. Standby) and a foxlink connect the Green (PowON) and the purple (3.3 volt standby)

The PowOk is from the main board of the Xbox so unless it's connected to a Xbox it will be 0 volt

Do not connect the Black to any other wires

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

13 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

I would suggest you use a 12 volt plug back (Wall Wart)type supply over a Xbox supply it's safer.

I have like an external molex PSU for powering hard drives, but it refuses to supply power with fans unless it's broken.

Also threw away all my old PC power supplies, so the extra xbox is coming in handy.

Guess it's very not standard then, since on a normal ATX PSU you just have to bridge green with ground?

It's powering a PC fan controller so I can easily change the speed of the fan.

And it's 100% a 1.6, as it's missing the 4 wires in the middle.

Looks like it's white/blue for the 1.6 PSU then?

Edited by streetguru

Yes on a PC PSU you ground the PowON wire and a Xbox you power it.

I have not tested a 1.6 PSU out of the Xbox but you could try at your own risk linking one of the 4 orange wires (5 volt standby) to the PowON (White) and that will turn on the 4 pin molex connector.

I am not sure if the PSU will like the 5 volt to the PowON instead of 3.3 volt.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.