OGXbox.com

xodus matrix modchip bios flash

zaiem

I had xodus matrix on my ogxbox, and the original IDE HDD went bad, so I got my self 120gb SATA SSD harddrive, 80pin cable, IDE-SATA adapter. I decided to remove the chip when I removed the clock capacitor and reinstall it.

I installed the new SATA HD with the adapter and I try to boot-up I don't get xodus matrix Bios at the bottom of the screen, and Hexen 2020 does not load. I am not sure if I need to re-program the chip and reload the Bios (which I no longer have) again. I still got the programmer board, and the loader winLPC tool...any advice what/where I get a BIOS to move forward and make sure it is not a modchip issue

IMG1.jpg

Make sure that the modchip is properly aligned so all of the pogo pins are making a good connection with their associated contact points - especially the D0 point. Without D0 signaling the MCPX (grounding the signal line) to load the BIOS from the LPC debug port attached flash memory chip, the stock BIOS will boot from the motherboard's flash chip (so called TSOP to differentiate it from 8-pin serial EEPROM device on the motherboard - the configuration EEPROM simply known as EEPROM in the Xbox scene).

I tried my best to align as specified and the 3 holes, as of 1-OFF 2-ON I am getting steady GREEN from start up (not flashing), if 1-ON and 2-ON I am getting flashing RED.

I currently don't have a backup copy of the BIOS if it is need to be re-uploaded on the chip in case of corruption...etc. Is there a newer BIOS that I can reload on the chip so that I get all full spectrum of this chip potential and capabilities, and with Hexan and going forward with putting in a new SSD HD

12 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Make sure that the modchip is properly aligned so all of the pogo pins are making a good connection with their associated contact points - especially the D0 point. Without D0 signaling the MCPX (grounding the signal line) to load the BIOS from the LPC debug port attached flash memory chip, the stock BIOS will boot from the motherboard's flash chip (so called TSOP to differentiate it from 8-pin serial EEPROM device on the motherboard - the configuration EEPROM simply known as EEPROM in the Xbox scene).

I have disconnected the DVD and the HD, I tried my best to align as specified and the 3 holes, as of 1-OFF 2-ON I am getting steady GREEN from start up (not flashing), if 1-ON and 2-ON I am getting flashing RED, and still not getting any indication on the display when boot.

I currently don't have a backup copy of the BIOS if it is need to be re-uploaded on the chip in case of corruption...etc. Is there a newer BIOS that I can reload on the chip so that I get all full spectrum of this chip potential and capabilities, and with Hexan and going forward with putting in a new SSD HD

Edited by zaiem

• 1 month later...

From the manual:

The Matrix has 4 user modes and 1 programming mode, the programming mode is
automatically entered when the Matrix is attached to the supplied programming
device. This mode is independent of the dip switches.
It is recommended to set the desired mode whilst in mode 1 (green LED flashing) and
the power to the console on. This will insure that the Matrix remains aligned while you
change mode. The mode change will only take effect on the next power up.
Mode 1 (Dip switch 1 & 2 ON)(LED: Red or Green flashing) Test/Disable
This mode is primarily used for the alignment of the Matrix during installation. It may
also be used to fully disable the Matrix while in circuit.

Mode 2 (Dip switch 1 OFF, 2 ON) (LED: Green) Always On
This mode enables the Matrix to take over the original bios at all times.
Mode 3 (Dip switch 1 ON, 2 OFF) (LED: Green =Matrix, Red =Original) Swap mode
This mode works as follows:
On every power up the Matrix “bios” is loaded indicated by the Green LED. To switch
to the original bios the user must load a game and then press eject, at this time the
LED will turn Red indicating that the original bios is active. To switch back the user
may either turn off and on the console or repeat the above.
Mode 4 (Dip switch 1 OFF & 2 OFF) (LED: Orange flashing) Write enable
In this mode the Matrix is always active but has the ability to be flash updated via
DVD Rom. We do not recommend you leave this mode on permanently, a bad update
of the flash will mean you will have to reprogram the Matrix via the programmer.

I don't see why you would need to reprogram the chip.  It is most likely not aligned or not in the right mode.

Matrix_ManualV1.1.pdf