OGXbox.com

OGXBox Installer 2021

sweetdarkdestiny

25 minutes ago, redge2000 said:

just woundering what bios is recommened for a 128mb xbox, ive used evox bios' on normal tsop'd and chipped boxs

this is my first 128mb xbox and want to know if theres a bios thats like evox but supports 128mb ram and able to flash to the tsop.

my motherboard is a v1.4 with a winbond tsop

many thanks

IND-BIOS 5003 Shutdown+RAM Patched+XBL Enabled.zip

7 hours ago, phrunt said:

Could the NoDVD bios problem be related to the master/slave/cable select option and cable position.  With both drives connected it's seeing them fine, one drive it's hanging.

The EvoX noDVD bioses have only problems with WD-Greens and some other "Green" a like drives because these need to much time to become ready on boot (And some older Hitachi server HDD's also can cause problems as I found out). 

So if you have problems with just a HDD connected, I would say it's the HDD or the SATA controller. What does your XBox do when you use the noDVD bios in combination with an IDE HDD (no DVD drive connected)? Does it boot?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@sweetdarkdestiny
Okay so I think I found a problem. I’m looking in my apps folder and I have flashbios and in the evox.ini file there are a couple of mistakes only relating to evoxm8+NoDvd. It will display NoDvd but actually flashes Yes DVD regardless on 256 or 512k bios as the error has been copied and pasted. 

if you open the .ini file in UnleashX the first error can be seen at line 1443 col 82 ! 

hope this helps and if I am correct can be updated  

just some people said they had trouble flashing a NoDvd bios and it still would not boot without the DVD   Well even when choosing NoDvd it flashes YesDvd ! 

the error is only in Evoxm8+ with Evolution-X dashboard  

also cee are okay just the ece are affected  

Hope this helps 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HackDaBox! said:

@sweetdarkdestiny
Okay so I think I found a problem. I’m looking in my apps folder and I have flashbios and in the evox.ini file there are a couple of mistakes only relating to evoxm8+NoDvd. It will display NoDvd but actually flashes Yes DVD regardless on 256 or 512k bios as the error has been copied and pasted. 

if you open the .ini file in UnleashX the first error can be seen at line 1443 col 82 ! 

hope this helps and if I am correct can be updated  

just some people said they had trouble flashing a NoDvd bios and it still would not boot without the DVD   Well even when choosing NoDvd it flashes YesDvd ! 

the error is only in Evoxm8+ with Evolution-X dashboard  

also cee are okay just the ece are affected  

Hope this helps 

interesting, maybe thats why I got problems with nodvd bios. will be waiting for a fixed release to test it when ready

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hastings298 said:

What's the deal on 128 MB IND-BIOS 5003 vs Cerbios? A very kind chap at RetroModz UK has made me a 128mb RAM 1.1 Xbox using this BIOS, but I'm curious about 128Mb/Cerbios support

CerBIOS's nfo file says it has full 128MB support with an MTRR Fix. I believe that fix is the same one used in the patched iND-BiOS.

https://xbins.org/nfo.php?file=xboxnfo2459.nfo

• Like 1

On 11/17/2022 at 8:17 PM, KaosEngineer said:

CerBIOS's nfo file says it has full 128MB support with an MTRR Fix. I believe that fix is the same one used in the patched iND-BiOS.

https://xbins.org/nfo.php?file=xboxnfo2459.nfo

is there any reason to use Cerbios over IND-BIOS 5003 Shutdown+RAM Patched+XBL Enabled.zip? I'm using Cerbios with the 128mb xbox I received and it seems to be working well 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2022 at 8:12 PM, sweetdarkdestiny said:

The EvoX noDVD bioses have only problems with WD-Greens and some other "Green" a like drives because these need to much time to become ready on boot (And some older Hitachi server HDD's also can cause problems as I found out). 

So if you have problems with just a HDD connected, I would say it's the HDD or the SATA controller. What does your XBox do when you use the noDVD bios in combination with an IDE HDD (no DVD drive connected)? Does it boot?

Got it all sorted, Patched the firmware on the WD Green with wdidle3, thanks

• Like 2

Hello lads, ive got an old 300gb IDE HDD in my xbox (v1.4 EvoX modchip) and when i put this installer dvd in, the F drive shows 278GB free, but when i boot up without the dvd, F drive ony shows 123GB free. XB partitioner only gives me the option of formatting 120.55GB or splitting it into 2x 60.27GB.

Its all a fresh install with a clean drive, but i really need more than 120 gb, my coinops folder which i intend to put  alone is 150gb, plus some of the other things i wanna put on.

Any idea what it could be?

Edited by redfd3

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Halo_2 said:

The links on page 1 are dead

Found this on reddit, not sure if its legit 1.5.4

https://1fichier.com/?cmclnzvvd4gufvt90j4d

Any chance we could get a 2023 installer with CERBIOS installer?

Check the folder links on the first page: 

Cerbios installer? There are no tools which can setup a Cerbios HDD on the XBox. So the only thing is the bios it self which can be flashed and C & E as usual but for the rest you have to stick with FatXplorer and my guess is, that this will be the only option for ever.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Thanks for the disc, its great!  Successfully TSOP'd a v1.2 XBOX using Cerbios Installer disc to put on UDMA4.  (My first ever TSOP!) Burned OGXBOX Installer to a disc so I could install a dash and do the other great things it can do: however it doesn't autoboot to the disc, but i can access the files on the disc from file manager.  But when I select any of the .xbe's (default, ogxbox.xbe or any of the ones in its own folder) nothing happens.  When I select anything other than the xbe (like txt) it works so i know its not the controller.

I FTP'd the contents of the OGXBOX installer disc over to the XBOX hard drive and when I select default.xbe doing it this way (vice from a disc) it pops an error 16.  Clock cap is removed but the time is shown correctly.

Any ideas on what is happening in either situation?  Thanks!

Edited by arfows
additional details

1 hour ago, arfows said:

Thanks for the disc, its great!  Successfully TSOP'd a v1.2 XBOX using Cerbios Installer disc to put on UDMA4.  (My first ever TSOP!) Burned OGXBOX Installer to a disc so I could install a dash and do the other great things it can do: however it doesn't autoboot to the disc, but i can access the files on the disc from file manager.  But when I select any of the .xbe's (default, ogxbox.xbe or any of the ones in its own folder) nothing happens.  When I select anything other than the xbe (like txt) it works so i know its not the controller.

I FTP'd the contents of the OGXBOX installer disc over to the XBOX hard drive and when I select default.xbe doing it this way (vice from a disc) it pops an error 16.  Clock cap is removed but the time is shown correctly.

Any ideas on what is happening in either situation?  Thanks!

Glad you got it flashed.

Did you read the included read me file Rocky5 put in there? 

Bios has been patched to fix the white+back shutdown bug and also the Ram speed patch has been applied.
( Patching done by xbox7887 from discord, great guy. )

XBL Patched by me, but original 5004 patch done by kl0wn.

You may ask why? when there is 5004, well 5004 cant have XISO support patched into it, 5003 can.
So if you want to load XISO off the HDD now you can and not have to worry about the shutdown bug.

Dashloader:
This is required for the XISO loading as ind-bios loads CDrom0 instead of CDRom1 like Softmods, so I have to do the launching of he xbe eg...
It also includes the kernel patcher (XISO support, softmods the kernel) and the dismounter, so it acts just like a HDD game would.
(its 1 xbe that does it all)

Using Dashloader Customizer you can toggle whether it dismounts the XISO on IGR or not.
( Triggers+Back+Start to go back to the dashboard, Triggers+Back+Black to reload the disc )

Shutdown Bug Fix:
; inject over 24 bytes of scratch space at 00007C31 until 00007C49
; original bytes =    8B15F0BA03808B9204BB038081E2FF0000005023C23BC258  
; assembled bytes =    508B430825FFFF00003DFFFF0000587407B8F37C0180FFE0

ASM Code:
push    eax
mov     eax, [ebx+8]
and     eax, 0FFFFh     ; XINPUT_GAMEPAD.wButtons.XINPUT_GAMEPAD_LEFT_TRIGGER | XINPUT_GAMEPAD.wButtons.XINPUT_GAMEPAD_RIGHT_TRIGGER
cmp     eax, 0FFFFh
pop     eax
jz     next
mov eax, 80017CF3    ; no_reset2
jmp eax
next:

Ram Patch:
; inject over 12 bytes of scratch space at 00022C52 until 00022C5E
; original bytes =    C3CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
; assembled bytes =    B9FF0200000F32B0060F30C3

ASM Code:
mov        ecx, 0x2ff
rdmsr
mov        al, 0x06
wrmsr

No Xbox Live Patch:
; Disabled Xbox showing as Debug Hardware
; inject over 7 bytes of scratch space at 00009484 until 0000948A
; original bytes =    830DA0DA038002
; assembled bytes =    90909090909090

ASM Code:
nop
nop
nop
nop
nop
nop
nop

; Jump patch section
; inject over 1 byte of scratch space at 00023F23
; original bytes =    75
; assembled bytes =    EB

ASM Code:
jmp     short loc_80033F34

; Jump patch section
; inject over 1 byte of scratch space at 00023F6F
; original bytes =    75
; assembled bytes =    EB

ASM Code:
jmp     short loc_80033F91

8 hours ago, fox said:

Did ind bios not already support 128mb? What does the shutdown part refer to?

From the archive's Readme.txt file:

Bios has been patched to fix the white+back shutdown bug and also the Ram speed patch has been applied.
( Patching done by xbox7887 from discord, great guy. )

Referring to the bug where the 4 button combo to turn off the console, Left Trigger + Right Trigger + White + Back, activates when only the White and Back buttons are pressed.

CoinOPS uses the White+Back button combo which is hard to use when the console shuts off when pressed.

CoinOPS Advanced Game Controls

BACK and WHITE - Pause Game and Remap Keys or Cheat

BACK and BLACK - Show Framerate And Free Memory

BACK and Left Trigger and Right Trigger - Restart Game

BACK and Right Thumb Button - Onscreen Display

BACK and Right Trigger and Right Thumb Button - Load Game ( Buggy )

BACK and Left Trigger and Right Thumb Button - Save Game ( Buggy )

BACK and Left Thumb Button - Lightgun Crosshair Display

BACK and A and B - Take In Game Snapshot

Source: CoinOPS Tricks and Help - CoinOPS - 1Emulation.com

5 hours ago, fox said:

Okay. I assumed there was only a bios file in the zip so I didn't click it.

Rocky5 included his hardmod dashloader app, two patched ind-bios 5003 dot bin files (.06 and .67 LBA48 configurations), the Windows ind-bios config application, the original BIOS release's dot nfo and ind-bios.cfg files along with a Readme.txt file describing the patches and dashloader.

2 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Rocky5 included his hardmod dashloader app, two patched ind-bios 5003 dot bin files (.06 and .67 LBA48 configurations), the Windows ind-bios config application, the original BIOS release's dot nfo and ind-bios.cfg files along with a Readme.txt file describing the patches and dashloader.

Cerbios supports 128. Why are we still recommending ind? Because it allows for Live MACS?

1 hour ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Cerbios supports 128. Why are we still recommending ind? Because it allows for Live MACS?

Well, have you seen the dates when that was? Feb. 2022. 

And since Cerb has problems with some games why not use a EvoX or iND bios as second bios or even main bios (In case you don't use CCI or a HDD bigger as 2TB) till team Cerbios has fixed the problems? 

I also like to flash a hidden EvoX to the TSOP when setting up a xbox with modchip.  

• Like 1