OGXbox.com

OGXBox Installer 2021

sweetdarkdestiny

A pdf was planed but never finshed. How ver there are planty of read me files linked in the installer.

The basic install isn't to big (~500mb - 600 mb will be used of your E Drive, not to much imo..).

All routines install the basic apps and latest dashboards, no matter if you choose C only, C+E only or full install. The first 2 options are more - Repair options (In case you already have games on F/G and like to keep them).

If you miss apps, you have to install them manualy. And if you think you don't need the installed dashboards, you can simply delete the folders of the dashboards you don't need (If you like to use X4G for example you could delete the entire " E:\Dash\ " folder (X4G will be installed in the root folder of the E:\ partition).

The next version will offer options which dash you like to install and also some apps setups. The new version is almost done ( ~ 85%) but little lazy me needs to get my butt moving. But to my defence, a lot of things have changed recently, new bioses (Cerbios, Titan (and Eaton will release his as well in the not so far futere) and I wait for a xbox tool (which HOPELULY comes?) to set up the HDD by using this installer with the extra space (Not to sure if XBP can handle the extra partitons because I don't have a 2,3,4 or even bigger HDD on hand atm. to test it).

So yeah, I guess it will still need some time until v2 will be released.

So my adivice, just set up the HDD using the main option " 3.1.2. AiO Setup a new large HDD. ". it didn't make to much of a difference.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

A pdf was planed but never finshed. How ver there are planty of read me files linked in the installer.

The basic install isn't to big (~500mb - 600 mb will be used of your E Drive, not to much imo..).

All routines install the basic apps and latest dashboards, no matter if you choose C only, C+E only or full install. The first 2 options are more - Repair options (In case you already have games on F/G and like to keep them).

If you miss apps, you have to install them manualy. And if you think you don't need the installed dashboards, you can simply delete the folders of the dashboards you don't need (If you like to use X4G for example you could delete the entire " E:\Dash\ " folder (X4G will be installed in the root folder of the E:\ partition).

The next version will offer options which dash you like to install and also some apps setups. The new version is almost done ( ~ 85%) but little lazy me needs to get my butt moving. But to my defence, a lot of things have changed recently, new bioses (Cerbios, Titan (and Eaton will release his as well in the not so far futere) and I wait for a xbox tool (which HOPELULY comes?) to set up the HDD by using this installer with the extra space (Not to sure if XBP can handle the extra partitons because I don't have a 2,3,4 or even bigger HDD on hand atm. to test it).

So my adivice, just set up the HDD using the main option " 3.1.2. AiO Setup a new large HDD. ". it didn't make to much of a difference.

Wow thanks for the fast response! So, no matter how big (or small) the HDD is, 3.1.2 can be considered the standard option to prepare a new HDD. Thanks! Will tinker with it later! 
Thanks for the superb ISO you made.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2022 at 2:52 PM, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Hi, I have a 1.6 chipped xbox, and managed to flash bios from your ISO with NoDVD version of 256Kb Evox Bios for 1.6.

All works fine except that I cant boot WITHOUT the DVD Drive. My other 1.2 and 1.0 (tsop both) both boot fine with 256Kb Evox NoDVD for 1.0-1.4. Any ideas? By the way, Im IN LOVE with this ISO. Thanks!

6 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Sounds strange. I have taken a quick look at the bioses and all noDVD bioses are noDVD so seams the bios isn't the problem.

What tye of HDD you're using? WD Greens HDD's can cause this error if the headparking feature is still active and latly some WD blue cause this error as well.

Tested multiple HDD (no WD) and prepared them with yor own ISO. (did the same with the other xboxes). I cant figure out what can be different besides the console itself.

On 4/6/2022 at 7:24 AM, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Hmmm.... A lot of ppl. have set up there 1.6 without a problem. 

Try it with a yesDVD bios and see what happends. 

Use the " Flash - Evox m8+ 1.6 CEE FG yesDVD (c:\evoxdash) UX (256kb) " which is the recommended bios. It will search for the evoxdash.xbe on C:\ and boot UnleashX of E:\Dash\...

reflashed the xbox with "EvoX m8+ noDVD 480p" for 1.6 256kb, and still wont boot unless DVDrom is connected. I dont undestand why it wont work! :(

2 hours ago, ochentay4 said:

You think they are mixed up?

No they aren't mixed up. Other ppl have flashed these bioses without problems. Other though have problems with the noDVD bios. Problem is, idk why, there is no pattern. Mostly it happens with WD Greens or when using "bad" IDE/PATA cables or cheap adapters even I personaly never had a problem with my bioses. Some also reportet problems with WD Blue HDD's on non 1.6 systems when using a noDVD bios.

13 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

No they aren't mixed up. Other ppl have flashed these bioses without problems. Other though have problems with the noDVD bios. Problem is, idk why, there is no pattern. Mostly it happens with WD Greens or when using "bad" IDE/PATA cables or cheap adapters even I personaly never had a problem with my bioses. Some also reportet problems with WD Blue HDD's on non 1.6 systems when using a noDVD bios.

Well, just tried both Evox m8+ 1.6 CEE FG yesDVD (c:\evoxdash) UX (256kb) and Evox m8+ 1.6 CEE FG noDVD (c:\evoxdash) UX (256kb) and BOTH dont go past Xbox logo if DVDrom drive isnt connected. 

Im stuck. I will have to leave the bad/broken dvddrive on this box.

I take the opportunity to ask, why isnt there a VGA bios to flash? and what are the benefits of flashing a 480p only bios.

Here is a new almost untouched EvoX m8+ 1.6 bios you can try : https://1fichier.com/?qe85gcbf4fdq58avttm2 . I only disabled the the DVD drive check and enabled the G partition. If this fail as well, I Have no clou what could fix your problem.

There are 480p bioses on the installer for the 1.6. And if you miss a specific configured 480p, that is because I decided back in the day not include it because this installer already had round about 400 bios files on it.  But if you want you can make your own bios with EvTool.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Here is a new almost untouched EvoX m8+ 1.6 bios you can try : https://1fichier.com/?qe85gcbf4fdq58avttm2 . I only disabled the the DVD drive check and enabled the G partition. If this fail as well, I Have no clou what could fix your problem.

There are 480p bioses on the installer for the 1.6. And if you miss a specific configured 480p, that is because I decided back in the day not include it because this installer already had round about 400 bios files on it.  But if you want you can make your own bios with EvTool.

thanks will test it later!

I already tested your 480p bios and it worked great, just asked what was the real benefit and if why there isnt a VGA bios (to make a vga mod) so I can use it on my vga crt pc monitor.

7 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Sorry, my fault. I miss read that. (Coffee lvl was just to low).

The xbox 1.6 dosn't support VGA output as far as I know.

No problem ;) and what about a VGA bios for 1.0-1.5? Ive got 2 other boxes, 1.0 and 1.2

Edited by ochentay4

9 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

flashed that file correctly. it wont boot with dvddrive disconnected! good lord this is strange. hangs at evox+xboxlogo. 

43 minutes ago, ochentay4 said:

No problem ;) and what about a VGA bios for 1.0-1.5? Ive got 2 other boxes, 1.0 and 1.2

For 1.0 - 1.4 XBoxes are bioses on the DVD. And to clear one thing up, there is no 1.5.

23 minutes ago, ochentay4 said:

flashed that file correctly. it wont boot with dvddrive disconnected! good lord this is strange. hangs at evox+xboxlogo. 

I tent to say it's your SATA controller then since you testet with varius HDD's with the previous bioses.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

For 1.0 - 1.4 XBoxes are bioses on the DVD. And to clear one thing up, there is no 1.5.

I tent to say it's your SATA controller then since you testet with varius HDD's with the previous bioses.

they are all IDE drivers! hitachi, samsung, maxtor, old crap :)

53 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Thats interesting and makes me even more wonder why the XBox fails to boot with a noDVD bios. 

this 1.6 xbox has a memory bios soldered, so it can be flashed with any 1.6 bios, there is no modchip. I did not do the mod, maybe this is the problem? never saw this type of mod

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, chrisrlink said:

think you can make a custom formatter on the disc to allow formatting for cerbios/titan drives 2TB<) ?

Not possible on the Xbox right now, the application used on the Xbox to format large hard drives - XBPartitioner v1.3 - does not support larger than 64KB clusters which is required for partitions larger than 1TB in size.

The only application right now that supports formatting an Xbox hard drive to be used with CerBIOS / Titan is FATXplorer 3.0 Beta.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chrisrlink said:

think you can make a custom formatter on the disc to allow formatting for cerbios/titan drives 2TB<) ?

Follow up on my previous response.  I didn't read the less than 2TB part correctly.  I first read it as creating a 2TB partition.

Titan only supports one extended partition/F drive for the remaining space on a hard drive above the stock 8GBs.  XBPartitioner v1.3 cannot create a >1TB size partition for use with a Titan-patched M8plus BIOS.

CerBIOS supports multiple partitions so as long as you create partitions <=1TB in size, XBPattitioner v1.3 should work.  (NOTE: I have not tested it with CerBIOS.)

Edit2: However, the main point of using CerBIOS is its ability to have an extended partition larger than 1TB in size.

• 2 months later...

just woundering what bios is recommened for a 128mb xbox, ive used evox bios' on normal tsop'd and chipped boxs

this is my first 128mb xbox and want to know if theres a bios thats like evox but supports 128mb ram and able to flash to the tsop.

my motherboard is a v1.4 with a winbond tsop

many thanks