OGXbox.com

OGXBox Installer 2021

sweetdarkdestiny

1 hour ago, SaturnX said:

Thanks so much @SS_Dave I’ll give that a go and report back. 

This might be a silly question, but after using FATXplorer, will that take care of formatting the F/G partitions? Or would I need to run XBPartioner?

Thanks for the help!!

I tested a 2tb last night it formats F drive to 1tb and G drive takes the rest (831gb approx.)

And it will format a 3tb to F and G drives to the maximum of 1tb (1024gb) each.

I checked the HDD with Xpartitioner 1.3 and there was no errors so no need to use XBpartitoner 1.3 

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Thanks 2

Before you do what dave wrote check if a simple format with fatxplorer solve the error 16 bug. So just format your HDD with fatxplorerand put it back in your xbox and try to boot the installer.

And ofc the stock HDD will hang because of the softmod. You would need to set up the hdd fresh using the installer because the files are in different places and the softmod and TSOP mod didnd#T work well with each other.

Anf for FatXplorer 3.0 I will offer a pre made set of files for C and E the next days.

• Thanks 1

So I have quickly made a version for FatXplorer and XBoxHDM users (NO SOFTMOD!) based on the version 1.5.3 but with some changes of the upcomming 2.0 (Thats why it's called beta).

The pack includes XBoxHDM beta 4 and FatXplorer 3.0 latest Beta.

OGXBox Installer 2021 - v1.5.3 beta For FatXplorer + XBoxHDM.
Direct link : https://1fichier.com/?iuayxxifb9krbvy8715x

The file can also be found in the OGXBox folder on 1fichier and in a moment in the folder on Mega (543MB)

And just one word for those who think this is to burn an ISO -> It's not! Use the normal installer iso's (this here are just plain files and it's also not bootable if you would create an ISO out of it). ;)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Before you do what dave wrote check if a simple format with fatxplorer solve the error 16 bug. So just format your HDD with fatxplorerand put it back in your xbox and try to boot the installer.

And ofc the stock HDD will hang because of the softmod. You would need to set up the hdd fresh using the installer because the files are in different places and the softmod and TSOP mod didnd#T work well with each other.

Anf for FatXplorer 3.0 I will offer a pre made set of files for C and E the next days.

@sweetdarkdestiny Thanks! I’ll try this first - my HDD is also completely brand new and no file system has been initialized on it, not sure if that is contributing to the issues  

5 hours ago, phrunt said:

Also, you are using an 80 wire IDE cable aren't you? I've had some weird problems in the past like this when using the standard cable.  As soon as the 80 wire cable goes on things come to life.

@phrunt Yep - using an 80pin cable from Chimeric Systems along with a StarTech IDE > SATA adapter. 

Thanks for all the support! I’ll report back with how things go. 

Im truly thankful this community is still so active :)

So I'm starting to think it may be my dvd drive (Thomson) and the burned media (Verbatim DVD-R). It's almost as if times out during the boot sequence with the new bios as it can't boot/read the default.xbe fast enough.

I didn't seem to have any issues with reading burned media while softmodded since I was booting it from the UnleashX dash, but it almost appears as it can't read it fast enough during the boot sequence.

Just to go through a process of elimination, I kept my stock HDD (softmod) and swapped in the 80-pin cable and after two tries, I was able to boot the Installer so now I know the cable is good.

I'm going to try swapping in the blank HDD again to see if I can get it boot again.

@sweetdarkdestiny My first step is get the new HDD and dash setup, but I was wondering if there was any way to get the "flubber" animation back during boot?

I've currently got "EvoX.m8.cee.67.noDVD.X4G.256.bin" flashed which just shows the blue "X" on boot, but would love to get the class flubber back. I like the blue "x" to show it's modded, but adding the flubber would be nice.

Here is a new bios ( https://1fichier.com/?aql1w6g1ny0p3qd1yggl ).

It will boot XBMC4Gamers right away from boot of E:\XBMC4Gamers\

If that fails it searches for the evoxdash.xbe on C and if that also fails it boot up the rescue dash. And yes it also shows the flubbery flubber animation like you wished.

And format your blank HDD with FatXplorer before you drop it into your XBox (Only format nothing more!). That solved a problem one time and I would bet 1 cent it would do the trick again. ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Here is a new bios ( https://1fichier.com/?aql1w6g1ny0p3qd1yggl ).

It will boot XBMC4Gamers right away from boot of E:\XBMC4Gamers\

If that fails it searches for the evoxdash.xbe on C and if that also fails it boot up the rescue dash. And yes it also shows the flubbery flubber animation like you wished.

And format your blank HDD with FatXplorer before you drop it into your XBox (Only format nothing more!). That solved a problem one time and I would bet 1 cent it would do the trick again. ;)

@sweetdarkdestiny So it seems this did the trick! I formatted with FatXplorer then was able to boot the new drive with the Installer!

• I did the AIO Setup for the new large hdd
  • After copying everything over, it brought me to XBPartitioner
  • I reduced both F/G partitions by 2GB, formatted them (~925MB)
  • After I quit XBPartitioner it appears to have been caught in a bit of boot loop for the Installer? Not sure if this was my dvd drive acting up or not and was unable to read the disc, it just kept showing the "Loading" screen then went black, then "Loading".
  • I power cycled, and without the installer disc it booted into xmbc4xbox (I'm assuming since my current bios first tries evoXdash.xbe)
  • Ran XBPartioner1.3 from E:\Apps and increased the size of the two partitions (F/G) to 927MB and formatted.
  • Just for fun I tried to launch the stock dashboard from the File Manager in xbmc4xbox: C:\xboxdash.xbe
  • When I tried to do that, i was given Error 21?

So it seems I'm marking progress...  got two things to figure out now:

1. Need to set my default dash to XMBC4Gamers
  2. Find out why it errored out trying to boot the stock dash?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Can you ftp the stock dash over to C, it might be missing some files.

You're very close now, happy to see you've almost got it done. 

Yeah I was just dissecting the scripts within the OGXbox Installer to see what happens when you set a default dash, etc..

I may just toss the HDD into my SATA/USB adapter and copy over with FATXplorer.

I'm wondering if the reason I'm having issues with the disc is that my drive doesn't like continued access (i.e. it gets tired haha) - given that everything *seemed* to go well with the initial copy during the AiO HDD setup, I had figured it was all good. I'll let the console rest for a bit and come back later.

Edited by SaturnX

@phrunt So checked out my HDD with FatXplorer and as expected,  most of the stock dash files (and others) were missing. Guess only a handful of files copied over from the HDD during the AiO setup. Once again pointing my to drive or the burned disc. 

I’m just copying over the files from @sweetdarkdestiny’s latest download for FatXplorer/HDM users, and I’m hoping all should be good!

Another follow up - what would be the best way to flash any new bios versions on my v1.4 TSOP knowing my drive is temperamental with reading?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, SaturnX said:

what would be the best way to flash any new bios versions on my v1.4 TSOP knowing my drive is temperamental with reading?

I use Xblast and the Net Flash option

Why not use Fatxplorer to format then copy C and E files and a XBMC4Gamers  as mentioned earlier, No DVD drive needed , Or you can use a PC DVD drive in place of the Xbox DVD drive to read a install disk .

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

I use Xblast and the Net Flash option

Why not use Fatxplorer to format then copy C and E files and a XBMC4Gamers  as mentioned earlier, No DVD drive needed , Or you can use a PC DVD drive in place of the Xbox DVD drive to read a install disk .

Cheers

SS Dave

Thanks @SS_Dave!

That’s exactly what I’m doing right now with FatXplorer to copy things over. :) 

Hmmm.... I like to hear that your error 16 is gone by just formating it with fatxplorer. So that will verify what I thought. Funny side note, the same will work with XBoxHDM but I'm not to sure why it fixes the error 16 problem.

Not so nice is that you are not be able to set up your HDD with the installer. When you set up the HDD using the large HDD set up option everthing should be copied over and not just some files - which is totaly wierd.

How ever, the upload I made yesterday contains all dashboards (incl. MS Dash), the most usefull apps XBMC4Gamers, XBMC, Emustation ect. in the right location blablabla.... So after you have copied the content of the included C folder to your root if your C partition and the content of the E folder to your E partition your XBox should boot up without a problem (like I wrote in the inlcuded PDF).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Hmmm.... I like to hear that your error 16 is gone by just formating it with fatxplorer. So that will verify what I thought. Funny side note, the same will work with XBoxHDM but I'm not to sure why it fixes the error 16 problem.

Not so nice is that you are not be able to set up your HDD with the installer. When you set up the HDD using the large HDD set up option everthing should be copied over and not just some files - which is totaly wierd.

How ever, the upload I made yesterday contains all dashboards (incl. MS Dash), the most usefull apps XBMC4Gamers, XBMC, Emustation ect. in the right location blablabla.... So after you have copied the content of the included C folder to your root if your C partition and the content of the E folder to your E partition your XBox should boot up without a problem (like I wrote in the inlcuded PDF).

Yeah I’m not sure why it didn’t work - I’m wondering if my burn wasn’t good or if my drive is on its way out. 

I've just copied over everything from your new download to the C and E drives. Will give it a go soon. 

Thanks so much for all the help and support on this!

I would not think that your burned DVD was bad in anyway. In case it would, it probably had not boot up at all. If you get ever a better DVD drive and a second HDD you should check the burned DVD again (so don't toss it).

Btw. if you need something of the DVD/ISO or like to explore it for what ever app, you can use XDVDMulleter Beta 10.2 to extract the ISO and you will have all files in a folder which can be copied with fatxplorer. ;) Most of the apps you will ever need are on this disk so yea....

2 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

I would not think that your burned DVD was bad in anyway. In case it would, it probably had not boot up at all. If you get ever a better DVD drive and a second HDD you should check the burned DVD again (so don't toss it).

Btw. if you need something of the DVD/ISO or like to explore it for what ever app, you can use XDVDMulleter Beta 10.2 to extract the ISO and you will have all files in a folder which can be copied with fatxplorer. ;) Most of the apps you will ever need are on this disk so yea....

Yeah it’s really strange, it’s almost as if when it tried to unzip the necessary packages (stock dash) it wasn’t able to extract all the files. Some were there (root of C), but I was missing all of the sub folders and most of the Audio folders/files. 

I know the HDD is good - did a full sector scan before using it, and using the 80-pin cable from Chimeric Systems with a StarTech IDE/SATA adapter (jumper set to Cable Select)

It’s really strange. 

Yep! I’ve already extracted it using extract-xiso and grabbing the other files I need :) 

On 11/12/2021 at 6:04 AM, sweetdarkdestiny said:

So I have quickly made a version for FatXplorer and XBoxHDM users (NO SOFTMOD!) based on the version 1.5.3 but with some changes of the upcomming 2.0 (Thats why it's called beta).

The pack includes XBoxHDM beta 4 and FatXplorer 3.0 latest Beta.

OGXBox Installer 2021 - v1.5.3 beta For FatXplorer + XBoxHDM.
Direct link : https://1fichier.com/?iuayxxifb9krbvy8715x

The file can also be found in the OGXBox folder on 1fichier and in a moment in the folder on Mega (543MB)

And just one word for those who think this is to burn an ISO -> It's not! Use the normal installer iso's (this here are just plain files and it's also not bootable if you would create an ISO out of it). ;)

This file is simply amazing. I tried and works !! I just found minor problems:

Theres one pdf with "+" in his name, some trainers with "+" in their names too and some with exceeded 256 characters. I just rename them.

And in one xml, "emustation" is erroneous labeled "emstation", making the shortcut to fail in dash.

But again, excelent work!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sabrespectre said:

This file is simply amazing. I tried and works !! I just found minor problems:

Theres one pdf with "+" in his name, some trainers with "+" in their names too and some with exceeded 256 characters. I just rename them.

And in one xml, "emustation" is erroneous labeled "emstation", making the shortcut to fail in dash.

But again, excelent work!!!

Can you tell which XML file it was so I can fix that without reading through all the XML files?

I will also fix the PDF problem. And I will also fix the problem with to long files names for the trainers.

EDIT: Found it. It was the unleashx config.xml (entry under Dashboards). The one under XBMC will still work fine. How ever it's fixed as well as the PDF. Now I'm on the trainers. The new upload will be named :"OGXBox Installer 2021 - v1.5.3 beta 2 For FatXplorer + XBoxHDM" and I upload it when I'm done with the trainers.

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny
  • Like 2

Just a quick little update with some little fixes and updates on the OGXBox Installer 2021 which is now v1.5.4.

The new version can be downloaded from the folder links on page one.

AND a little heads up, the installer sadly didn't work on XEMU anymore which isn't my fault. It worked up to XEMU v0.6.0. All later versions stuck at the XBox loading screen. Hope that get fixed in later versions of XEMU since the I have added a massive support for it in the upcomming v2.0 of OGXBox. Would be a sad thing if this will not get fixed. So if you like to set up a HDD for XEMU using this installer get hands on a older version (provided in my PC apps pack for example). After that you can use the HDD in newer versions of XEMU.

• Like 2

On 11/15/2021 at 6:23 AM, sweetdarkdestiny said:

The updated and fixed version of the FatXplorer + XBoxHDM is now online.

Direct links:

Now works like a charm (Original XBOX). No problems found so far. 

Thanks again for the hard work!!!!

• Like 1

I spent a few days trying to make this disk work, most of it does apart from installing dashboards. The only dash I could install was xbmcforgamers. Xbmc failed, avalaunch failed, etc. They all fail at the same place extracting the .xbe dash file to E. Unzip failed error 5. I burned off 6 disks on two different burners with the same result, same failure point.