OGXbox.com

OGXBox Installer 2021

sweetdarkdestiny

Hey! Seems like the Extra Disc with the HD Patches and Widescreen Patches is buggy. 

The Menu says there are only 3 widescreen Patches. When I select them, I see patches for many games, but when I select one game it just says "error". Nothing else..

is there a fix for that? 

IMG_1068(1).JPG

• Like 1

On 6/27/2021 at 10:14 PM, SS_Dave said:

Here is a PAL version.

Set the Xbox back to pal region then try this one.

https://1fichier.com/?5k3xylq7o0czivz5qprf

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing

Your files worked and it loaded Evo X but when I loaded into TSOP raincoat utility this came following came up.

P_20210629_002025_1.thumb.jpg.fde3454f313b2ff362a8638af85b1480.jpg

If I try using the flash bios menu it gives me this message after selecting the Bios to flash.

P_20210629_002907_1.thumb.jpg.30adb22ed6d9890228c4454cb9a7cb78.jpg

20 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Oh boy.... Why not telling me in the first place you have a PAL console? Simply use the PAL game save and good.

SC PAL save game : https://1fichier.com/?i4g74iso8f41tcnnntpp

NTSC / PAL switching is just video. It's not the game region. That could be changed using XBLastOS  / XBLast Lite but in that case your XBox would not even read the DVD you put in. She would tell you that the game isn't for your region. Got that my self with an NTSC console - twice. So no need to change that back to PAL. The video above shows a PAL Console with NTSC video mode booting a PAL SC. So you see, it works without any problem.

Note to my self : Next time ask ppl. for PAL/ NTSC :D;)

EDIT: Just replace the save game with the PAL one and use the quick and dirty XBLastOS I gave you. That way you save some time set up the softmod.

Xblast causes error 21 even while trying to load it from Evo X under apps and so is XBMC if that helps?

Copy both the files to the Xbox Udata folder on the Xbox and then put splinter cell in the DVD and power cycle.

https://1fichier.com/?dv24l1c5qxwehg9k6xtl

This one should load Xblast or at least it did on a Xbox here.

As long as you have a folder on C drive called bios it should pickup the bios files other wise you can use the flash via net option and flash from a computer on the home network.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, puntja said:

is there a fix for that?

You can start your dashboard and launch the file browser and copy the files you like to your HDD. From there FTP them to your PC to unzip them and then FTP them back to your Game folder.

I will look into it to fix that. So thanks for reporting this bug.

4 hours ago, willers said:

Your files worked and it loaded Evo X but when I loaded into TSOP raincoat utility this came following came up.

If I try using the flash bios menu it gives me this message after selecting the Bios to flash.

Xblast causes error 21 even while trying to load it from Evo X under apps and so is XBMC if that helps?

Looks like it's missing the right info for your TSOP. Raincoat just allow 20 entries so tell me what TSOP you have or use the app Dave provided.

That error 21 problem is strange because, like you can see in the video, I have no problem to launch XBlast with the SC exploid.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Copy both the files to the Xbox Udata folder on the Xbox and then put splinter cell in the DVD and power cycle.

https://1fichier.com/?dv24l1c5qxwehg9k6xtl

This one should load Xblast or at least it did on a Xbox here.

As long as you have a folder on C drive called bios it should pickup the bios files other wise you can use the flash via net option and flash from a computer on the home network.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Excellent these files worked  and Xblast loaded so I was able to flash the TSOP which is a winbond 256kb chip according to Xblast if anybody wants to know. Thanks for all your help you guys, I don't now how it is you can figure this stuff out from where ye are. 👍

2 hours ago, willers said:

Excellent these files worked  and Xblast loaded so I was able to flash the TSOP which is a winbond 256kb chip according to Xblast if anybody wants to know. Thanks for all your help you guys, I don't now how it is you can figure this stuff out from where ye are. 👍

Sweet

What bios did you flash to the Xbox?

Cheers

SS Dave

I'm boring just the same iND 5003.06 just like the modchip, what would you recommend I could try? Actually if I were to change to 5003.67 would I lose everything on my drive? 

Now that I have the the TSOP and modchip is there recommended way that they compliment each other like say a recovery method in case something goes wrong with either ? Or what are people doing with this type of setup?

Edited by willers

There is a Ind5003.67.bin that has the IGR bug and Ram fix applied you will find it on the OGXbox Installer 2021 v1.5.3 disk located here https://1fichier.com/dir/mX1kipIz

This disk also has a live apps folder that has Xblast in there to flash with.

The 67 means it's suitable for a 2tb or 3tb(2.2tb useable) hard drive and you will not loose any files already on the hard drive just some bug fixes.

The 5003 bios has a issue with the in game reset (IGR) and was updated to the Ind5004

Cheers

SS Dave

On 6/29/2021 at 6:12 AM, sweetdarkdestiny said:

I will look into it to fix that. So thanks for reporting this bug.

also a small suggestion: if you change the names of the default.xbe files to defaultws.xbe, then people could still use these widescreen patches without losing the original 4:3 files :) (if you start the game with the white button on xbmc4gamers there's an option to start defaultws.xbe

• Like 1

8 hours ago, puntja said:

also a small suggestion: if you change the names of the default.xbe files to defaultws.xbe, then people could still use these widescreen patches without losing the original 4:3 files :) (if you start the game with the white button on xbmc4gamers there's an option to start defaultws.xbe

By default the .xbe's will be installed in a folder called " E:\OGXBox-Extras\Wide Fixes\ " and have to be moved by the owner. Some ppl use different folders instead of "games" (me included) so that was the easiest/best way to unzip and copy the files.

But since the files aren't that much (58) atm. I will rename and repack them for the next version.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi sweetdarddestiny

I'm using your ogxbox disc to flash tsop

I choose the default evox M8 nodvd 256KB

But when it finished, I restart the console. Only a blue xbox logo appears, no animation any more. And just hangs here.

Nothing more.

What happened. How to resolve it.

Motherboard is v1.0. I first softmod it.

Nothing happend, like written in the read me's. The 1.0 - 1.4 xboxes have blue bioses (in case of evox even without the evox logo) and 1.6 xbox'es have a teal logo. And all without the anoying animation.

And now the important part.

You came from a softmod (I guess) without settign up the HDD. So the XBox tries to load a evoxdash.xbe from the C drive and your Softmod dosent play well with the TSOP flash.

So put the DVD in your drive and power off the xbox. After that power her back on, boot into the installer and set up your HDD.

After that the xbox should boot just fine.

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny

I booted up my hard modded Xbox with the installer disc in the tray, but should the Xbox symbol remain static on the screen for over 10 minutes? The eject button is solid red also. I do not see any confirmation that the installation is occurring. 

Edited by Major_Sirius
added info

10 minutes ago, Major_Sirius said:

I booted up my hard modded Xbox with the installer disc in the tray, but should the Xbox symbol remain static on the screen for over 10 minutes? The eject button is solid red also. I do not see any confirmation that the installation is occurring. 

Nope. Thats not normal. At worst it takes 30 sec. with a thomson DVD drive.

What setup you have? Maybe a WD Green HD? SATA adapter with 80 wire cable?

1 hour ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Nope. Thats not normal. At worst it takes 30 sec. with a thomson DVD drive.

What setup you have? Maybe a WD Green HD? SATA adapter with 80 wire cable?

So, I think I had a bad burn to the DVD. I wrote to another disc and now in the process of going through the installation process. I hope I got the HDD partitioning right...

On 6/28/2021 at 1:07 PM, puntja said:

Hey! Seems like the Extra Disc with the HD Patches and Widescreen Patches is buggy. 

The Menu says there are only 3 widescreen Patches. When I select them, I see patches for many games, but when I select one game it just says "error". Nothing else..

is there a fix for that? 

IMG_1068(1).JPG

" You can start your dashboard and launch the file browser and copy the files you like to your HDD. From there FTP them to your PC to unzip them and then FTP them back to your Game folder.

I will look into it to fix that. So thanks for reporting this bug. "

@sweetdarkdestiny

I would like to know if this 'bug' was already fixed ?

• 1 month later...

Yea, I know, I know......

I finaly updated and fixed the OGXBox Installer 2021 Games Extras Disc 1 v1.0.3.

Shame Log below.

Fixed the Wide Screen Fixes section not openig.

Added a quick and dirty beginner tutorial on how to use
a default.xbe and a defaultws.xbe in unleashx at the same
time in the same folder. ("3.B.")

Added a quick info to the 3.0 Wide Screen Fixes section.

Added the option to install a defaultws.xbe for XBMC4Gamers
(X4G) users.

Added over 2500 savegames. (You need to FTP them over to
your PC and browse the index.html with your browser.

PEACE!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, chrisrlink said:

idk what I'm doing wrong EvoX boots it as unknown xbox disc then kicks back to evoX dash nor will it coldboot the disc (TSOP v1.1 box btw) freshly burned no scratches on disc at 4X speed could it be the fact their dvd +rw media?

Try using a DVD-r (I use Verbatim DVD-r) as DVD-rw is really a hit and miss with Xbox drive even when they where new.

Cheers

SS Dave

• Like 1

Hey! I'm a complete newb when it comes to this - i have an Xbox with an old Matrix chip in it. Currently it's running Slayers as that's the way i received the Xbox when i got it from the Facebook Marketplace.

From my understanding i just need to burn whichever version i want to use, insert it into my xbox and then it'll do a fresh install i'm assuming of the entire Xbox?

Or is there any other pre-requisite i should be worried about? Is it possible to flash without getting my HDD formated?

52 minutes ago, BlueberryPoot said:

Hey! I'm a complete newb when it comes to this - i have an Xbox with an old Matrix chip in it. Currently it's running Slayers as that's the way i received the Xbox when i got it from the Facebook Marketplace.

From my understanding i just need to burn whichever version i want to use, insert it into my xbox and then it'll do a fresh install i'm assuming of the entire Xbox?

Quick answer its Yes

Download and burn a copy of the OGXbox installer 2021 v1.5.3 to a DVD-r as slow as the software will allow.

55 minutes ago, BlueberryPoot said:

Is it possible to flash without getting my HDD formated?

Yes but it's not really necessary to reflash the bios unless you are upgrading the hard drive.

Cheers

SS Dave

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Quick answer its Yes

Download and burn a copy of the OGXbox installer 2021 v1.5.3 to a DVD-r as slow as the software will allow.

Yes but it's not really necessary to reflash the bios unless you are upgrading the hard drive.

Cheers

SS Dave

Maybe i've done it a little bit more confusing for myself. Is flashing the same thing as reinstalling or are they completely seperate?

I'll try to burn it down in preparation cause i'm on the fence about wanting to make a clean install

54 minutes ago, BlueberryPoot said:

Maybe i've done it a little bit more confusing for myself. Is flashing the same thing as reinstalling or are they completely seperate?

I'll try to burn it down in preparation cause i'm on the fence about wanting to make a clean install

Flashin and reinstalling a HDD (Dashboards etc.) are 2 different things.

You modchip/tsop needs a bios to boot, thats "flashing".

And ofc you need a dashboard and apps, thats "setting up a new HDD".

And yes on every installer I know these are sepperate steps.

8 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Flashin and reinstalling a HDD (Dashboards etc.) are 2 different things.

You modchip/tsop needs a bios to boot, thats "flashing".

And ofc you need a dashboard and apps, thats "setting up a new HDD".

And yes on every installer I know these are sepperate steps.

Alright! So i'll basically just setup my current HDD as a new HDD i'll assume!

Thank you so much!