OGXbox.com

OGXBox Installer 2021

sweetdarkdestiny

1 hour ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

A wise man said "Never touch a running system"

I say 

If it's not broken then don't fix it

1 hour ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

But in case you will try, you should have a backup plan because, if you flash a bios it can always render your xbox useless.

And that's why I test a bios with a Open Xenium or similar multi bios modchip.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• 1 month later...
On 5/8/2021 at 10:49 PM, sweetdarkdestiny said:

A wise man said "Never touch a running system". 

Another wise man once said, "I'm always interested in making things better. :)" 😉

Seriously though, thank you for the install disc, very solid work here!

On 11/27/2020 at 9:01 PM, SS_Dave said:

I can guarantee that it is a clean install with no crap left behind.

In my view this OGXbox 2021 installer will make Hexen a thing of the past.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Second that!

This installer saved me from the ravages that hexen leave behind, totally clean installs and plenty of options for levels from Noob to Pro.

This installer is made to run from a DVD and it will not work from a HDD - sry.

But you can flash your TSOP from a HDD very easy.

Download XBlastOS ( https://bitbucket.org/psyko_chewbacca/lpcmod_os/downloads/XBlast_OS_v0.56.zip ) and place the content of the "put_on_c_drive" folder on your C drive (Should look like this C:\XBlast\files....). Then copy the "XBlast OS.xbe" to your Apps folder on E:\ (Create a folder for it like "E:\Apps\XBlast\XBlast OS.xbe") (You can/should rename the XBE to default.xbe).

Create a folder called BIOS on your C drive (C:\BIOS) and there you place the bios in which you like to flash. Name the bios "bios.bin" and then launch XBlastOS from your dashboard or from a file manager to flash your bios. 

And a word on a HDD version. I will do a HDD version of this installer but right now I don't have the time to do it.

And there will be also a PC installer I'm working on using Rocky5's XBOXHDM tool which is also pretty useful to fix the evil error 16 which I found out the other day.

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny
  • Like 2

Ok my situation I believe might be different from the normal person. I already have a crappy solderless modchip that will not for some reason stay in place where I have to press it down to get it to work/read the bios.

So say I have soldered my points and I'm ready now to flash the TSOP. If I boot my Xbox holding the chip down. Open Xblast while still holding the modchip down. Leave the modchip released and then flash? I'd imagine Xblast would try to flash the modchip rather then the TSOP?

Would I need to softmod in order to TSOP? Just trying to understand and do the quickest way to TSOP flash.

1 minute ago, willers said:

Ok my situation I believe might be different from the normal person. I already have a crappy solderless modchip that will not for some reason stay in place where I have to press it down to get it to work/read the bios.

So say I have soldered my points and I'm ready now to flash the TSOP. If I boot my Xbox holding the chip down. Open Xblast while still holding the modchip down. Leave the modchip released and then flash? I'd imagine Xblast would try to flash the modchip rather then the TSOP?

Would I need to softmod in order to TSOP? Just trying to understand and do the quickest way to TSOP flash.

Yes you will need to boot from the onboard bios so soft mod is needed and that needs a locked HDD.

Do you have splinter cell, MechAssault, 007 Agent Under Fire?

I use a game save that can flash the onboard bios with out going though the whole soft modding 

Add links to main board copy game save to Xbox load game and run the game save flash bios job done.

Cheers

SS Dave

Crash everytime I load the checkpoint in splintercell. I'm just thinking as I'm unable to boot from original bios as Xbox has 128 mb RAM installed does this mean the mentioned methods will not work? I'm booting from modchip into iND Bios 5003 which I've now managed to finally hold down with another type of screw and washer. 

Am I going to be able to access the onboard TSOP to flash it?

Try this: https://1fichier.com/?rk0juw0wvh5cbiykxych

Thats a the SC save game which loads evox to flash your TSOP right away without softmodding. Replace the files or better delete the old folders from UDATA frist and then copy over the new files.

And you need to boot your stock bios (without modchip) to flash your TSOP with this here.

So here is a quick and damn dirty XBlastOS as save game. https://1fichier.com/?d4avja78pdobgjqdc8z5

replace your 21585554 folder in UDATA. Before you launch you NEED your bios file in C:\BIOS:

After that start splinter cell and xblast os will launch (I have testet it!). Then choose HDD flash and flash your tsop.

Oh and your bios needs to be named "bios.bin"

EDIT after your post:

You have to click on check points and evox will load. There is no special name. Just hit A and good. And if that fails, grab the link above and use xblast os

29 minutes ago, willers said:

Error 21 again using the link above for the new u data folder.

I mean the link I postet last. Thats XBLastOS which get's loaded with the save game.

And it works, I have tested it. The only downside is you need your bios files in C:\Bios already. I don't have the time atm to Hexedit the hole thing. But you already should have your bios in "C:\bios\bios.bin" right? So it would work.

Here is a also quick and dirty video which shows how and that it wörks.

Link : https://youtu.be/CAbEPiUvsXI (SD done, HD needs a moment longer - YT ^^ )

2 minutes ago, willers said:

Would it be worth while putting in original stock drive and reformatting and starting over with that and then try? 

You can try it but you need to have a USB stick or Memorycard with the files on and the Bios on C which, I think, is impossible.

Got my hands on the OGX installer 2021 latest version on here. Stuck in original 8gb hard drive formatted C and E. Crashed again with preinstalled softmod files each time I enter load checkpoint.

Now I'm thinking it's hardly possible it's caused by game being PAL and my system changed to NTSC? What application had I used to change that setting?

Found it, enigma it's called but that made no difference error 21 again. This is doing my head in, I'm ready to give up.

Edited by willers

7 hours ago, willers said:

Crash everytime I load the checkpoint in splintercell. I'm just thinking as I'm unable to boot from original bios as Xbox has 128 mb RAM installed does this mean the mentioned methods will not work? I'm booting from modchip into iND Bios 5003 which I've now managed to finally hold down with another type of screw and washer. 

Am I going to be able to access the onboard TSOP to flash it?

NO you need to boot from the onboard BIOS(TSOP), If the Xbox boots from the LPC (mod chip) it can only flash to the LPC

The extra Ram is not the problem.

Cheers

SS Dave

7 hours ago, willers said:

Now I'm thinking it's hardly possible it's caused by game being PAL and my system changed to NTSC? What application had I used to change that setting?

Oh boy.... Why not telling me in the first place you have a PAL console? Simply use the PAL game save and good.

SC PAL save game : https://1fichier.com/?i4g74iso8f41tcnnntpp

NTSC / PAL switching is just video. It's not the game region. That could be changed using XBLastOS  / XBLast Lite but in that case your XBox would not even read the DVD you put in. She would tell you that the game isn't for your region. Got that my self with an NTSC console - twice. So no need to change that back to PAL. The video above shows a PAL Console with NTSC video mode booting a PAL SC. So you see, it works without any problem.

Note to my self : Next time ask ppl. for PAL/ NTSC :D;)

EDIT: Just replace the save game with the PAL one and use the quick and dirty XBLastOS I gave you. That way you save some time set up the softmod.