OGXbox.com

OGXBox Installer 2021

sweetdarkdestiny

Just a little info about the new version of OGXBox.

I already had patched the new HDMI bioses for the MakeMHz users with the "new" v1.3.2 patch and was rdy to release but MakeMHz released a new patch v1.4.2 (Today / Yesterday not to sure).

They have also released a patch for the iND 5003.xx bios (NOTE: This is for the XISO version and not for the original iND release as I found out by checking MD5 hashes (No note on github about that!)).

So I will patch the m8 again with the new 1.4.2 (YAY) and also the iND XISO 5003 for the next version of OGXBox.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Just a little info about the new version of OGXBox.

I already had patched the new HDMI bioses for the MakeMHz users with the "new" v1.3.2 patch and was rdy to release but MakeMHz released a new patch v1.4.2 (Today / Yesterday not to sure).

They have also released a patch for the iND 5003.xx bios (NOTE: This is for the XISO version and not for the original iND release as I found out by checking MD5 hashes (No note on github about that!)).

So I will patch the m8 again with the new 1.4.2 (YAY) and also the iND XISO 5003 for the next version of OGXBox.

Its up to 1.4.3 now!

thanks for patching these

• Like 1

Thanks for all the work keeping this upto date sweetdarkdestiny.

I don't suppose someone should tell me everything I should install?

You told me I needed, EvoX m8+ (1.0/1.4 - 256kb) (Aladdin advance (v1-1.6) + v1.0 xbox), but their seems to be like 20 different variants of that in this installer (VGA, noDVD, WD Green, .....).
Also is EvoX just the Aladdin mod chip bios, or why do I use that one specifically?

Then presumably, I should Format and setup HDD? And that seems to install all the basic applications along with it based on the documentation I am reading.

There is no specific "Aladdin" bios. These are all 256kb bioses which can go on to any modchip or TSOP you like. The most modchips or tsop's are flashable with evo and some need xblast/raincoat/resctoox (Winbond TSOP or sharp TSOP's)

For normal the EvoX flasher are fine for the majority of user.

Which bios you need depends on 2 things. 1: What dash you like to boot and 2: What xbox rev you have.

For example: You will flash a Aladdin in a XBox 1.4 so you need a 256kb bios.

1) 2.2. Flash ModChip or TSOP (NO Winbond/Atmel/Sharp).
2) 2.2.1. Flash EvoX Bios (1.0 – 1.4).
3) 2.2.1.1. Flash EvoX 256KB Bios (1.0 – 1.4).

Now the EvoX flasher comes up. There you can choose the specific bios for the dash you like to boot. These bioses are pre configured. And the "Evox m8+ CEE FG noDVD (evoxdash.xbe) (256kb)" is marked as default bios in any flasher.

This bios boots the evoxdash.xbe from C:\ and has the most "usability".

And even it's just 256kb you could flash it on to a 512 or 1024kb modchip or tsop because evox is able to resize the bios if it's to small).

And noDVD is also default because sooner or later you drive will die (Note: The "noDVD" tag is missleading. You can still boot any DVD you like).

And some ppl dont like noDVD bioses for what ever reason, so I provide yesDVD bioses for them.

Last but not least you could also choose a bios version for a specific dashboard if you want instead of booting the evoxdash.xbe from c:\ which is a shortcut to a dash you like to use. But you would loose some functions of the installer. If you need those it's on you (Easy dash switch for example).

So that was the bios part, i guess. ( Little more info :

If you set up your HDD some basic apps will get installed by default. DVD2XBox, XBMC (as App) and some others which still have use. If you need more there is a hole section with all apps, tools ect. with read me files which explains (mostly) what this app is for.

So if you need to or just want to set up your HDD I suggest using the option " 3.1.2. AiO Setup a new large HDD " (before that use 3.1.1. Launch XBPartitioner v1.3 and reboot that is needed because of a bug in XBPartitioner (not the installer)). 

After you have set up you HDD with that function you are done. The rest is basicly "sweets". If you like something, install it or see if there is a Live version in the live app section so you could try the app out without the need to install her first (most apps are available as live app btw.).

And there should be a "Menu Overview PDF" in the RAR file (And as TXT on the installer it self "10.2" where you can see all funtions. I'm working on some sort of "Not a Manual" which, in case I'm able to get it done, clear up the most functions but for now there are planty of read me files which mostly explains what a function does and for what it is.

So basicly it's all pretty easy.

1. Flash a EvoX m8+ noDVD (evoxdash.xbe) bios for your XBox version (Depends on your XBox version and 256kb is fine).
  2. Format your HDD one time and reboot (use : 3.1.1. Launch XBPartitioner v1.3)
  3. Set up you HDD with : 3.1.2. AiO Setup a new large HDD.

After that your are done. Easy as pie.

And check out the " 5.2. Install Single Applications. " section. Even you don't want to install anything, there are read me files which explais for what the each app is.  And if you like to read more, check out menu 6.4 (there are even more ebooks and files to read).

8 hours ago, wisnoskij said:

the xbox startup screen is blue instead of green and the evox logo is gone? is this normal?

It is normal. And written in the Bios "Read Me" file. No animation, no EvoX logo and blue XBox logo for xbox 1.0 - 1.4 and a teal logo for all xbox 1.6. So basicly the flash was succesfull.

seems stuck at this screen at least with the install disc in it.

What a HDD do you use in your XBox? WD Green maybe?

And what does your XBox do when you boot without DVD? Even you would had flashed a 1.6 bios or anything else, your XBox would boot with it (side info: The m8+ 1.6 is some sort of multi bios which works for all versions but should not be flashed). And do you have flashed the default " CEE - evoxdash.xbe - " bios I guess? And noDVD or yesDVD bios?

Oh, that is fantastic. I thought I had really screwed something up when the evoX logo was gone.

I had checked for "Green" since I saw it in the menu. It did not seem to be writen on the HDD, if I am remembering correctly it is a HDD Caviar. And yes, exactly as you described 1.0-1.4, noDVD, CEE.

I am thinking it might just take a long time searching for my evox dash which is not installed yet. Other people with a handing boot splash were saying to check IDE connections, and I might just try removing my HDD entirely if it will boot without it. But I guess I probably need to get t to boot it with the hdd eventually, but I might have the ability to connect he HDD to my computer to format it, which could fix the issue.

9 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

And do you have flashed the default " CEE - evoxdash.xbe - " bios I guess? And noDVD or yesDVD bios?

I thought the default was not specifically evoxdash, but a general any dashboard one. But it was the default topmost option whatever that was.

23 minutes ago, wisnoskij said:

I thought the default was not specifically evoxdash, but a general any dashboard one. But it was the default topmost option whatever that was.

The dafault is CEE - evoxdash.xbe but at the end all bios files search for a evoxdash.xbe either on C or E.

How ever, the bios is fine, that is what I can say for sure, but I don't get why it will not boot the DVD. For "normal" only the WD Green have that problem when the head parking function is active.

I assume, that when you remove the DVD from the tray, your xbox will still not boot ? Because, even the HDD had a softmod on it, there should be an evoxdash.xbe on C.\ which should be found from the bios. And she should boot the DVD anyway.

What does the xbox do when you try to boot an original Game DVD?

And btw. The XBox will not boot without a HDD. 

One more question, which version of the installer has you load? The non MakeMHz one?

EDIT:

I searched quick for "WD Caviar" and there is a Green and a Blue version. So it would be realy helpfull if you can say which one. In case it is the green one, you just need a tool to disable the headparking on your pc and the problem is solved.

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny

"OGXBox Installer 2021 - v1.5.3"

It boots a backup of an original game dvd! That wasa surprise. I think it is a little delayed, but it boots.
Just left the thing running with the install disc and still hanging like 15+ minutes latter.

Could it be finding some broken evoxdash? with a runnable disc in the drive it still tries to load evoxdash.xbe?
I have tried it with no disc, but not for very long as that seemed the least likely to work. I will try that again and try swapping in one of my original xbox hdds. I have the original hdd for this xbox I believe, so that should boot I think.

OK so it does not boot with no disc. And when I installed the original hdd it would boot to both the original dash and to the install disc.

So, 100% the bootup process is getting stuck on trying to boot my HDD. Is their a way to have it boot 100% off of the disc or does the install disc use part of the OS on the hardrive? I am pretty sure that I cannot hot swap hdds after booting to the disc, but I should have some ide to usb things around.

Should I just try and delete all the evoxdash.xbe files? Or format it? Presumably one of these tools in the PC tool set will help.

Edited by wisnoskij

Ok we are a step further and it is safe to say that the problem is caused by your WD Cavier which, I guess (HUGE guess), is a WD Cavier green since only these show these behavior.

If yu already has downloaded the Tool Pack there is a app called "wdidle3 v1.05 (WD Green HDD).zip".

When you unzip it you can installed it to your PC and, then you can connect your HDD to your PC. After that you can disable the headparking function for the green drives. When thats done, the HDD should boot as normal.

Found one of many more typos. :D

But I am also just realizing that i have a lot of IDE HDDs lying around, maybe I should just plop one of those in? Here is a Hitachi 640gb, looks oem. I think this one was working last time I used it. It is way bigger, so probably like 5+ years newer. Edit: Oh, NM that is sata, still might have others that work.

Edited by wisnoskij

On 4/15/2021 at 5:27 PM, sweetdarkdestiny said:

The ISO is not ment to be extracted or mounted. Open your burn software and select the ISO and burn it to disc.

Mrs Google say's :

How to Burn an ISO or DMG File to Disc on Your Mac
  1. Insert a blank disc in your DVD writer.
  2. Open the folder in Finder that contains your ISO or DMG file.
  3. Right-click the file and choose "Burn Disk Image"
  4. Click Burn.

I've bought a brand new dvd burner and now it seems to be working better, but still not working. I burned the iso and boot with the disc in the xbox. The ring turn red and i see Evo X, Xbox logo and Linux logo below. But nothing happens, the dvd drive works like crazy is very loud but I've been stuck here for 5 minutes. What now?

1 hour ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

"wdidle3 v1.05 (WD Green HDD).zip".

How do you get this to run on modern OS? google searching seems to indicate even DOSbox will not run 64bit incompatible software??? I could try formatting it, this drive was working for 10-15 years and even yesterday, it is just the new bios that is having trouble with it, which makes be think it might not be green.

1 hour ago, wisnoskij said:

And it was working in the xbox for years, but will try.

But now you have a "modern" bios which don't support the WD Green HDD's out of the box.

But I am also just realizing that i have a lot of IDE HDDs lying around, maybe I should just plop one of those in? Here is a Hitachi 640gb, looks oem. I think this one was working last time I used it. It is way bigger, so probably like 5+ years newer. Edit: Oh, NM that is sata, still might have others that work.

They will work with an cheapo SATA adapter from amazon.

6 minutes ago, wisnoskij said:

How do you get this to run on modern OS? google searching seems to indicate even DOSbox will not run 64bit incompatible software??? I could try formatting it, this drive was working for 10-15 years and even yesterday, it is just the new bios that is having trouble with it, which makes be think it might not be green.

MSDos, FreeDos, DOS on a USB stick (+app). Or if you are to lazy for that download the " Ultimate Boot CD " which will boot into DOS and has this tool already on it. Tutorial : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEUVsXlfJME

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, fillilutten said:

I've bought a brand new dvd burner and now it seems to be working better, but still not working. I burned the iso and boot with the disc in the xbox. The ring turn red and i see Evo X, Xbox logo and Linux logo below. But nothing happens, the dvd drive works like crazy is very loud but I've been stuck here for 5 minutes. What now?

Why not use BootCamp and a Windows 7 VM and then burn it with ImgBurn/ImgBurnPortable?

I don't know nothing (not much) about Mac. Or maybe a frind or neighbor could burn the ISO with ImgBurn. I realy think the Mac is the problem OR your DVD media (Thats why 99 of 100 user say Verbatim DVD-R (Or you are on of these lucky ppl. which have a XBox DVD drive that can still read DVD-RW).

Last option, if you are located somewhere in europe I could burn a DVD and send it to you.

12 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

But now you have a "modern" bios which don't support the WD Green HDD's out of the box.

They will work with an cheapo SATA adapter from amazon.

MSDos, FreeDos, DOS on a USB stick (+app). Or if you are to lazy for that download the " Ultimate Boot CD " which will boot into DOS and has this tool already on it. Tutorial : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEUVsXlfJME

OK, haha. Thanks for the video, I am sure getting dos to recognize the usb drive will require a tutorial.

And watching the video I am getting no sound. I had to steal my audio power cord to power the barrel connector hdd encloser. That was pretty jank, but 12v made sense and you would think it would have more than enough amps. 

47 minutes ago, fillilutten said:

16 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Why not use BootCamp and a Windows 7 VM and then burn it with ImgBurn/ImgBurnPortable?

I don't now nothing (not much) about Mac. Or maybe a frind or neighbor could burn the ISO with ImgBurn. I realy think the Mac is the problem OR your DVD media (Thats why 99 of 100 user say Verbatim DVD-R (Or you are on of these lucky ppl. which have a XBox DVD drive that can still read DVD-RW).

Last option, if you are located somewhere in europe I could burn a DVD and send it to you.

If it is a dvd compatibility issue I suggest burning at the slowest speed possible. Sometimes that fixes compatibility issues. At least that will give you the best possible chance.

OK, haha. Thanks for the video, I am sure getting dos to recognize the usb drive will require a tutorial.

And watching the video I am getting no sound. I had to steal my audio power cord to power the barrel connector hdd encloser. That was pretty jank, but 12v made sense and you would think it would have more than enough amps. 

Download the Ultimate Boot CD <--- (Link). I'm pretty sure thats the best you can do without messinng arround with ms dos for usb and with drivers ect.. Download, Brun, Boot, Disbale and done.

Mrs. Edit :

Ultimate Boot CD Mirror : https://1fichier.com/?y6h31ipfio9e5mzt75op

I assume this is a known issue, but the readme files do not work right unless the disc is already installed.

Before it installed everything to my hdd, the text viewer spilled out well past the edges of the screen, but now with everything installed, it is centered and width-ed perfectly. I do not know how hdd contents could effect this like this, but I opened and read many of these text files pre-installation (over many restarts) and every single one was effected by it and then 30 minutes latter they all were not.

2 hours ago, wisnoskij said:

I assume this is a known issue, but the readme files do not work right unless the disc is already installed.

I had never a probelm with them and as far as I know no other user had problems with them. The TXT open ful screen but they should not going bigger as the screen is. And you HDD or the content on it has nothing to do with it.