OGXbox.com

OGXBox Installer 2021

sweetdarkdestiny

That is a shame, especially with more and more of us having the HDMI mod as the PBL just doesn't work with this as it doesn't have the bios patches in it :(, Slayers has worked though so that is a bonus, main thing I wanted to do was build a new hard disk from scratch which this did.

Might see if I can find an old version of this out there in Google land though as it looked much better than Slayer. 

What bios patches are needed for the HDMI mod, never heard of it that there are some needed. That would mean, if you HDMI Mod, you would recieve a special bios with it which you need to flash before you install the HDMI mod.

So which HDMI Mod you have and what are the patches / bios you have / need?

If some ppl. could confirm these problems (and maybe explain whats the problem), I might change the Installer to a non PBL version. But for now you are the only one who reports a problem.

If I find the time, I can do a quick and dirty non PBL version which should work but it will have some functions missing. All depends on how much or even if there are others who will report problems. So it's on the community to tell whats going on here.

Side note: The installer how it is right now has a "bug". That means if you have massive apps in your apps folder on C,E,F,G the installer will crash or dosn't boot at all. You would just see the X logo and thats it. This problem will be solved in the next version on which I'm currently working (90% done). But it still need some days because I have some major things to change and ofc to test.

1 hour ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

What bios patches are needed for the HDMI mod, never heard of it that there are some needed. That would mean, if you HDMI Mod, you would recieve a special bios with it which you need to flash before you install the HDMI mod.

So which HDMI Mod you have and what are the patches / bios you have / need?

If some ppl. could confirm these problems (and maybe explain whats the problem), I might change the Installer to a non PBL version. But for now you are the only one who reports a problem.

If I find the time, I can do a quick and dirty non PBL version which should work but it will have some functions missing. All depends on how much or even if there are others who will report problems. So it's on the community to tell whats going on here.

Side note: The installer how it is right now has a "bug". That means if you have massive apps in your apps folder on C,E,F,G the installer will crash or dosn't boot at all. You would just see the X logo and thats it. This problem will be solved in the next version on which I'm currently working (90% done). But it still need some days because I have some major things to change and ofc to test.

On some of the MakeMHZ digital HDMI conversions the entire image on the screen is shifted noticeably to the right so to fix it there is a Patched (I read hacked) EvoxM8 BIOS.

The draw back is it's a EvoxM8 so no 128meg ram compatibly.

I am surprised no one has hacked the EvoxM8 to allow 128meg ram.

At this stage no one has hacked the Ind500X bios to fix the display with the digital HDMI.

Here is the EvoxM8 to fix the screen shift

MakeMHZ patched M8 .bin

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

1 hour ago, SS_Dave said:

On some of the MakeMHZ digital HDMI conversions the entire image on the screen is shifted noticeably to the right so to fix it there is a Patched (I read hacked) EvoxM8 BIOS.

The draw back is it's a EvoxM8 so no 128meg ram compatibly.

I am surprised no one has hacked the EvoxM8 to allow 128meg ram.

At this stage no one has hacked the Ind500X bios to fix the display with the digital HDMI.

Here is the EvoxM8 to fix the screen shift

Thanks Dave. :)

Will see what I can do but ,I would need a beta tester because I don't own a MakeMHZ HDMI and I'm not going to buy one just for testing.

EDIT:

The Bios didn't work for the installer or it maybe didn't work with XEmu. BOTH is possible.

I found the ips patches and have patched the OGXBox.bin no problem. Still refuses to boot. So there are to options now.

1: It didn't work with XEmu.

2: It didn't work at all.

I have made a ISO of the last release with this patched bios and need someone with MakeMHZ HDMI to test it.  Drop me a PM or write here and I will send you a link. I'm not going to post this here public till I know it would work.

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny

2 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Thanks Dave. :)

Will see what I can do but ,I would need a beta tester because I don't own a MakeMHZ HDMI and I'm not going to buy one just for testing.

Hi, sorry only just got back online to check, busy at work today, happy to be a guinea pig to assist.

As above, anything that doesn't have the "BIOS patches" shifts to the right, not sure if it is more us PAL users that have the issues, mainly because we can't set 480P, 720P and 1080i in the Xbox dashboard, although I have forced mine over to NTSC and used this so it might not be that now and simply as it is. I might try changing my TSOP to physically be NTSC to see if this fully resolves it as anything that doesn't have the BIOS patches has this shift for PAL users. I think most users seem to be NTSC so maybe why you haven't heard yet, plus the mod is new and has a back order of at least a month.

Not sure if this is any use, but the info on the patches is here

https://github.com/MakeMHz/xbox-hdmi/tree/master/patches

It only works on M8+ sadly so no 128Mb like above, which is annoying as a lot of 720P patches really need this, not the biggest fan of the MOD, nightmare to get going especially on the V1 and V1.1 due to issues around the video signal. But once it works the quality is awesome, just getting it working is a nightmare!!

Great example of the issue is below:
DSC_0144.JPG

Edited by James Botham
Added image

They have added the HeXEn 2018 BFM bios to the list, maybe because of this error. Sadly, no one complained about OGXBox so this beta maybe work but I would not hold my hopes high for this. Nice if it work but nothing much I could do if not. All depends on the MHz HDMI makers - I guess.

I have also tried to use a patched HeXEn 2018 bios in OGXBox but in XEmu I stuck at the X Logo.

I have send the DLL for the Beta.

32 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

They have added the HeXEn 2018 BFM bios to the list, maybe because of this error. Sadly, no one complained about OGXBox so this beta maybe work but I would not hold my hopes high for this. Nice if it work but nothing much I could do if not. All depends on the MHz HDMI makers - I guess.

I have also tried to use a patched HeXEn 2018 bios in OGXBox but in XEmu I stuck at the X Logo.

I have send the DLL for the Beta.

Hi,

just downloading it now will burn and let you know.

Thanks

• Like 1

********************************************************************************                           
OGXBox Installer 2021 ***************************
********************************************************************************

Version 1.5.3

Changelog:

Added : A option (4.11.) to install dashboard shortcuts for the XEmu Emulator.
        So if you install a dashboard in XEmu with this installer you can now
        place a shortcut with this function and don't need to rename anything.
        Pretty handy for the one or the other like me.

Added : A option (4.10.) Fix Boot problems. Here you will find 3 options.
        - 1: With backup
        The old dashboard will be backed up and replace it with new one.
        New shortcuts will be placed as well as new x2 and iND bios configs.
        - 2: Without backup.
          The old dashboard will be deletet and replace it with new one.
          New shortcuts will be placed as well as new x2 and iND bios configs.
        - 3: Shortcuts and Configs only.
             This will just delete the old shortcuts and configs which will be
             replaced with new ones.

Note: This function is only available for the major dashboards:
       XBMC, XBMC4Gamers, XBMC-Emustation, UnleashX, EvolutionX, UiX Lite,
       Avalaunch and MS XBox Dash (Restore default xboxdash.xbe).

Added/Changed : The option to kickstart your dashboard.
        1: You use the BMF Bios from the DVD in combination with the evoxdash.xbe
           shortcut from your HDD. (No files will be touched!)
        2: You use the BMF Bios from the DVD in combination with the evoxdash.xbe
           shortcut the DVD. (No files will be touched!)

This could become handy to check if you have a faulty shortcut which than
        could be fixed with option 4.10.3 or you have to replace the entire
        dashboard to fix your problem (4.10.1. / 4.10.2.).

Added : The option to just install / update the MS Dashboard (v5960).
        You will find it in "4.4. Install Single Dashboard" (4.4.18).
        The old dash files will be deletet and the new one's get copied over without
        format.

Added : 10.8. FAQ / Wiki. This is basicly for beginners and it's in work.
        If you think there is something which should be in there, please let me know. :)

Added : 10.2. OGXBox Menu Overview.
        Info file about the OGXBox Menu. It's sort of quick overview or menu index about
        where you can find which option. Thought it's nice to have since there are so
        much options in this installer ....

Added : I also added a PDF with the OGXBox menu structure to use it on you PC.

Added : tHc Lite Green which have I found on a old spanish ZXB Installer.

Added : Chihiro Launcher XBE v8 (5.2.7.6.) (For 128MB users only!)

Added : XBlast OS to the Winbond TSOP Flasher.

Added : XBlast OS to the EvoX Flasher (Other).

Added : A little FAQ/"wiki" section in the OGXBox 2021 menu to cover some basic questions.
        I also added a OGXBox Menu Overview so you have all options listed in there.

Added : A little section "Manuals, eBooks & Co." (6.4.).
        Here you can unzip Manuals ect. to your XBox and then FTP 'em to your PC.
        Helpful for beginners which like to learn more about the XBox.

Added : Some new firmwares and tools.  

Added : A little section with gerbers and 3d printing stuff.

Added : XBoxHDMI Homebrew App for the MHz HDMI users. (Live App (1.6.6.) & Installer (5.2.5.16.))

Added : I have added a little "Rescue Dash" in case you will ever need it and dosn't have this
        Installer on hand. You will never see it until the moment you will need it.
        Thats the case when your Dashboard 1 and Dashboard 2 refuse to boot because they are to lazy
        or maybe not at home. It will provide anything you need to get your dashboard up and running
        again. Over that it provides the option to reflash a m8+ / m8+ 1.6 to you chip or tsop
        (if ever needed!). You will have planty of options and apps there. So don't touch it and let
        it sleep till you need it. And if you wonder, it doesn't need more as 30MB and will be installed
        by default. It's set as boot option 3 in any bios / config. So again, DON'T touch the cookies!

Added : Some more debug bioses. Not sure why but now they are on. :)

Added : For some bioses a "yesDVD" version was missing which I have now added.

Added / Changed : Pre patched bios files for all of you MakeMHz users.        

Fixed : 5.2.2.3. Install DVD2Xbox 0.7.8 R2. in (Install Single Application).
        Forgot to set the name of the zip file. ^^

Fixed : Some wrong numbering in the configs.

Fixed : A 2 bugs in the flash part of the evox flasher. Not a biggy since it was commented out anyway.
        The other shouldn't be a problem since the most chips are supportet by evox.
        "Flash not writeable! Id 09 device id 00" It was "0x9000". We learned here, never C&P shit from
        the interweb.

Fixed : Some typos ect. but this is a thing which, I guees, will never be 100% fixed.
        That would need a interpreter: SSD -> English / English -> SSD. Any takers? :D;)

Fixed/Changed : The default ini/configs for iND/x2 to
                C:evoxdash.xbe
                E:evoxdash.xbe
                E:\Dash\xxx (Depending on the bios you flash or which shortcut you use).
                This way it's easyer to switch dashboards for beginners and it will become
                more important when I beginn to reduce the bios files. 200 are too much. ;)
                So default bios "for beginners" should be the CEE (evodash) or you know what
                you are doing. ;)

Removed : 1.8. Check for Applications on HDD

Reason for that is, if you have many apps in the folders:
          E:\Apps, C:\Apps, F:\Apps, ect. it will crash installer on boot.

I think there is some sort of timeout or buffer overflow going on
          which causes this bug. So to prevent the installer crashing for
          those of you who have a large amount of apps which get's scanned
          on boot, I have removed this function. (Use the File Explorer fo it).

Found that out wile I worked on a other Installer and ran into that
          problem. And if you're interestet that is also the reason why
          HeXEn/TruHeXEn (up to 2020 (fixed in 2021)) crashes, if you go to
          add Apps or simply you have to much apps already installed.
          So note that <path> xyz </path> in a installer which uses UX as base
          can breake your hole installer at some point. So avoid it in any case and
          hardcode everything with <item> xyz </item>.
          It will also helps to keep the boot time low.

Changed : 1.9. User Applications on DVD (Now 1.8.)
          Because of the same bug like above (Old 1.8.) I changed this option to
          leave the chance that a user could add his own app without coding.
          For that your app must be placed in the "AppsUser" folder named
          App1 - App5 (Each of them is a folder) and the XBE must be
          named "default.xbe" (which works for 95% of all apps I know).
          Example :
          <Item Action="D:\AppsUser\App1\default.xbe">1.8.1. User App 1.</Item>
          That way it is possible to remove the scan process (<path>) which
          causes the crash boot bug and keep the option for user apps without
          coding alive.
          If you want, you can edit the "01.xml (DHCP)" or "10.xml (Staic)" in the
          "cfg" folder and replace the default name "User App 1" with one you like better.
          Example :
          <Item Action="D:\AppsUser\App1\default.xbe">1.8.1. PS7 Emulator.</Item>

Changed : The format option for the first time format of your HDD.

Changed : The PBL files a bit. Instead of "boot.cfg" I use "OGXBox.x" on boot now.
          It's just a cosmetic change because it bothered me to have a boot.cfg in the
          root folder. :D
          And I removed a typo Kaos reportet ages ago.

Changed : The metoo BFM bios slightly.

Changed : The main OGXBox.xbe in the root folder is now just a shortcut to the ProSetup.xbe*
          in the xbe folder. That saved freaking 3MB and more "important" I just have one of them now.
          And for those of you who would like to boot into a differen mode by default just replece the
          shortcut in the root folder and point to one of these xbe files in the xbe folder.          
          ProSetup.xbe - OGXBox default DHCP xbe.
          ProSetupSIP.xbe - OGXBox static IP xbe.
          SoftMod.xbe - OGXBox softmod mode DHCP xbe.
          SoftModSIP.xbe - OGXBox softmod mode static IP xbe.

Changed : The way the sofmod save games files (6.1.) and the installer for it will be installed.
          You can now choose the save you like, game by game, instead of being forced
          to install all save games in one. Each option will install the installer
          from Rocky5 as well. You still have the option to install them all in one if
          you like.

Changed : The "Install default dashboard" option (4.3.) and
          the "Install Single Dashboard" option (4.4).
          You can now make any dash your default dashboard in the process if you like.
          When the dashboard is installed you will get ask if you like to make it default
          or not. If you choose yes, your iND/x2 config will be replaced and also the
          evoxdash.xbe shortcut on C and E.
          NOTE: Depending on the bios you use CEE (Evoxdash) or EEC (evoxdash) you can delete
          the unneeded shortcut from E or C.

Changed & Optimized : The Resctoox & XBlast flasher configs as well as the way I have made the
                      sortcuts and bios configs.
                      I removed the dummy file and replaced it with the real files
                      which I have made new and also changed the way how they are packed.
                      That means iND and X2 are now sepperate files packed as C.zip, E.zip ect..
                      That way it's easyer to maintain and also to keep track wile
                      installing/"scriptig" - it simply makes the process cleaner (I don't have
                      to delete files or copy/move them all over the place).
                      And btw. it makes the flash a little bit safer. Just in case
                      something happens the ini's/configs and the evoxdash are real
                      and not dummys anymore (Which basicly isn't a problem but yeah..)
                      And XBlastOS/Restoox will now be installed strait to E:\Apps when you launch
                      any of the flasher. That saves some lines of code in the flash configs.
                      The cleanup for the old configs and shortcus will still be made when you start
                      the flash process.
                      And I fixed some miss labeled bios files in sub directories of the flasher.
                      And no, not a problem the right bios was linked and flashed and the name in the
                      upper directory was right so no need to worry about it.

Changed, Optimized & Fixed : All EvoX flasher has been changed and optimized.
                             I fixed a little problem about replacing the evoxdash.xbe and
                             ind.bios.cfg / x2config.ini. Thats a "bug" because of the limitaions
                             of evox which I finaly found a way to work arround.
                             Now the files evoxdash.xbe, ind.bios.cfg / x2config.ini will be renamed
                             (because evox can't delete or overwrite them) to evoxdash.xbe.delete ect.
                             and the new files will be copied over.
                             When you reboot or shutdown your XBox, using the provided Shutdown/Reboot
                             function of this installer, these files will be deletet so no junk will left
                             on your HDD.

Changed & Optimized  : The "Switch default dashoard" option (4.5.). Basicly just a cleanup / optimization
                       which goes hand in hand with the shortcut / bios config changes and the dashboard
                       install option.

Changed & Optimized : 4.6. EvoX Bootmenu. Because of the changes mentioned above.

Optimized : Cleaned up all the empty "spaces/signs" at the end of the lines.

Optimized : The EvoX flasher ini for the retail bioses now include the xbox version for which they are.

I'm pretty sure I made some more changes but because I'm lazy and sloppy sometimes I have not wrote them down.
Which is good because otherwise I would need to pay Admin for webspace because of this changelog. ;)

Finaly I have made a more or less huge change. I merged the DHCP & Static IP version.
The installer will boot in DHCP mode BUT, if you want or need a Static IP you can switch
to it by using the function 9. (Switch to Static IP). It will then load a different
config and voilá you have a static ip like in the standalone version (Sounds so wrong, I know).
The IP; Gateway and DNS will be displayed before it loads (It`s the same I used in the standalone) and
ofc you will see the connection info in the sidebar.

I also did the same for the softmod mode, DHCP and Static version included without paying more as before....
Wait. Hhhooold on a sec. No one paid me - ever. So you get it 4 FREE! See, told ya you don't pay more! ;) .

Note : Because of the chnage above (DHCP) / (StaticIP) tag is gone.
       Now it's just OGXBox Installer 2021 with version number.

New (Old) : nonPBL version aka MakeMHz Edition.

You have read right. A non Phonix Bios Loader version is back. :/

This is because some of you have one of these:
            "super duper hyper fancy extrem thrilling bling bling MakeMHz HDMI mods"
            which don't work very well with BFM bioses (screen shift problem).
            Not all have these problem as I was told recently but some which ofc sucks for them.

I could say, you using it wrong or they made it wrong but it would feel just wrong.
            So I decided to (I would like to avoid the word "make" here...) m4k3 a non PBL
            version for you guys.

It has some options missing like the Easy Mode which is gone, it has no Softmodding mode because
            you need a Modchip or TSOP flash for this mod anyway. Some other minor options/functions/gimmiks
            are missing as well but nothing to wild.

You also have limited bios options. A special EvoX Flasher is on board and I have added the pre patched
            bios files to the XBLast Flasher for the Winbond TSOP users.

Overall it's still the OGXBox Installer 2021 as you know it for MakeMHz users.

I will provide, updates and will support this version as long as MakeMHz (HOPEFULLY) has fixed there firmware.
            So there is a EOL on this version of OGXBox! And for those of you who think why I put an EOL on this let me
            say, when you have 3 versions (Public, Public nonPBL and a Dev build) the afford to maintain all the configs
            and ini's which you have to change over and over agian even you just change 1 simple thing can be massive.

@MakeMHz : You guys know, that you should send me one of your HDMI adapters for free right?
                       Ofc only for testing purposes, I promisse. :D

NOTE : There is also a BFM version of the MakeMHz Edition which has someone made (The BFM bios not the installer).
       But it is totaly not sure if the MakeMHz patch which has applied to it will work with BFM bioses at all.
       So it would be nice if some with a MakeMHz HDMI Mod would test it out. Because of the bios patch it will
       not work on a non MakeMHz XBox nor in XEmu so I cant test it till MakeMHz has send me my free version. :D

- AND, I don't take any credit on this! Right now this is a WE DON'T KNOW thing and because the creator don't like
         to give out things he could not test, I will not name him yet. IF the BFM bios works like WE hope, I will OFC
         pay him the credits like I personaly do right now (HUGE thanks for it mate!) but atm I think he would
         prefere to stay unnamed.

So if someone would be so nice to waste a DVD-R for the test, drop me a PM.

Downloads:

Folder link @ 1fichier  : https://1fichier.com/dir/mX1kipIz
Folder link @ Mega  : https://mega.nz/folder/xUl13A4B#d_RMbhNrNA81QhgwoaUv4g

Hope you will enjoy this build.

Peace! :)

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, fillilutten said:

Tried to burn the iso on a Verbatim DVD+rw (Thompson drive) today but didn't work, nothing happens. Will try to find DVD-R instead but cant this be done with a USB instead? I've got a xbox controller to usb.

Thanks!

If DVD-RW media works heavily depends on your DVD drive. As far as I know it works for some users but, never works for me.

And no, you can not use it via USB adapter. No Game or Intaller works with USB (with the exeptions of Game exploids for softmodding or TSOP flashing but these are more or less "special" apps made to run from HDD copied as savegames to HDD from USB.

1 hour ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

If DVD-RW media works heavily depends on your DVD drive. As far as I know it works for some users but, never works for me.

And no, you can not use it via USB adapter. No Game or Intaller works with USB (with the exeptions of Game exploids for softmodding or TSOP flashing but these are more or less "special" apps made to run from HDD copied as savegames to HDD from USB.

Ok, thanks for your information. Seems like a hit and miss, but DVD-R is a safer bet than DVD+RW then?

On 4/12/2021 at 4:36 AM, sweetdarkdestiny said:

It is. I would recommend Verbertim DVD-R.

So I've found some Fujifilm DVD-R drives I had laying around, and i write speed was 1x. I get this error - a error with a diagonal black field. Same thing happened to the DVD+RW. Still has to do with the DVD disc brand? Inside there's a drive that hasn't been used for xbox before. I also have a 16 years old drive that still runs some really old xunleash and xbmc and stuff, this works perfect. But I want to use the new, larger, unused drive this time.

https://imgur.com/a/0395WUz

Edited by fillilutten

12 minutes ago, fillilutten said:

So I've found some Fujifilm DVD-R drives I had laying around, and i write speed was 1x. I get this error - a error with a diagonal black field. Same thing happened to the DVD+RW. Still has to do with the DVD disc brand? Inside there's a drive that hasn't been used for xbox before. I also have a 16 years old drive that still runs some really old xunleash and xbmc and stuff, this works perfect. But I want to use the new, larger, unused drive this time.

https://imgur.com/a/0395WUz

Error 16 - clock data lost  and the stock MS dshboard files are not found on the hard drive to set the time.

Must be booting an older modified Xbox BIOS that doesn't have the err16 fix patch.

Just now, KaosEngineer said:

Error 16- clock data lost  and the stock MS dshboard files are not found on the hard drive to set the time.

Must be an booting an older modified Xbox BIOS that doesn't hae the err16 fix.

Since it was about 18 years something ago I modded this I guess your right. So maybe I can flash the BIOS from the working drive? FTP transfer some new BIOS file into that and then flash? Or is there any other solution?

I don't think that this error has something to do with the installer at all.

Error Code 16

Problem: 
Internal clock cannot be set.

Cause/Solution: 
This happens when the Xbox tries to boot to the stock dashboard in order to have you set the current 
date/time but fails to load the menu. This happens if you:

Just replaced the HDD and are missing your clock capacitor or left your Xbox unplugged for a few hours.
Erased the Microsoft dashboard files (which contain the clock setting) and are missing your clock 
capacitor or left your Xbox unplugged for a few hours.

Have a revision 1.6 Xbox and an old (before 2004) BIOS installed without a clock loop patch and are 
missing your clock capacitor.
To fix this, first try plugging in an Ethernet cable to connect your Xbox to your router. 
In some cases, the Xbox will update it's system clock via NTP. If that fails, try starting the Xbox with 
the Eject button instead of the power button in case it has a dual-boot configuration. 
If that fails and you have a modchip installed, boot into AID or Slayers and try installing the stock 
dashboard back on your HDD's C:\ partition. You can also hotswap your HDD with another Xbox to reinstall 
the Microsoft dashboard. 
After the Xbox boots up and is able to set the clock successfully, update your BIOS or softmod to a more 
recent version to avoid this in the future.

The images are working fine. Needed to burn some of them for my self because I forgot 2 in other drives. *Getting old*

Which image has you load (OGXBox Installer 2021 - v1.5.3.rar sould it be for the "normal" user) and which burn program you are using (Image burn is the best for the job - in my opinion).

3 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

I don't think that this error has something to do with the installer at all.

Error Code 16

Problem: 
Internal clock cannot be set.

Cause/Solution: 
This happens when the Xbox tries to boot to the stock dashboard in order to have you set the current 
date/time but fails to load the menu. This happens if you:

Just replaced the HDD and are missing your clock capacitor or left your Xbox unplugged for a few hours.
Erased the Microsoft dashboard files (which contain the clock setting) and are missing your clock 
capacitor or left your Xbox unplugged for a few hours.

Have a revision 1.6 Xbox and an old (before 2004) BIOS installed without a clock loop patch and are 
missing your clock capacitor.
To fix this, first try plugging in an Ethernet cable to connect your Xbox to your router. 
In some cases, the Xbox will update it's system clock via NTP. If that fails, try starting the Xbox with 
the Eject button instead of the power button in case it has a dual-boot configuration. 
If that fails and you have a modchip installed, boot into AID or Slayers and try installing the stock 
dashboard back on your HDD's C:\ partition. You can also hotswap your HDD with another Xbox to reinstall 
the Microsoft dashboard. 
After the Xbox boots up and is able to set the clock successfully, update your BIOS or softmod to a more 
recent version to avoid this in the future.

The images are working fine. Needed to burn some of them for my self because I forgot 2 in other drives. *Getting old*

Which image has you load (OGXBox Installer 2021 - v1.5.3.rar sould it be for the "normal" user) and which burn program you are using (Image burn is the best for the job - in my opinion).

Yes thats the image I have on my disc. I only have a Mac, latest OSX, and burned it using the built in software.

22 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Yes, that sounds like a good plan to fix it.

I've managed to flash with evox m8+. And now I get a purple evoX logo when booting. But still no installation disc starting. I now get a "Service required" and it says 13 in the top left. I'm using a external usb dvd burner since I only have two macbooks, could this be the issue? I don't have any other way to burning it. I know the actual dvd drive works since it launches original games.

Edited by fillilutten

1 hour ago, fillilutten said:

I've managed to flash with evox m8+. And now I get a purple evoX logo when booting. But still no installation disc starting. I now get a "Service required" and it says 13 in the top left. I'm using a external usb dvd burner since I only have two macbooks, could this be the issue? I don't have any other way to burning it. I know the actual dvd drive works since it launches original games.

I think your Xbox DVD drive is the problem.

The DVD drives have always had problems reading a burnt disk and now with age a lot of drive I see here refuse to read a burnt disk.

You can borrow a Xbox DVD drive from another Xbox and try that.

The hard drive is not set for a softmod is it? as this is what I have for error 13

Error Code 13

Problem: Dashboard failed to launch due to missing/bad key, or anything else that would prevent it from running and the dashboard didn't specify why it failed.

Cause/Solution: This can be caused by a kernel version issue but is a lot less common in recent years. Make sure you're running the latest kernel. If you're using a softmod, make sure your dashboard and softmod files are installed correctly. It is recommended to use JCRocky5's Xbox Softmodding Tool as your softmod installer, if you're using something else currently. If you are receiving this error only when launching games, try deleting E:\Trainers, if it exists.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fillilutten said:

How are you burning the ISO file to DVD-R media?

If you open the drive on the Mac with a File Manager after burning it, is a directory listing of the disc displayed?

11 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

How are you burning the ISO file to DVD-R media?

If you open the drive on the Mac with a File Manager after burning it, is a directory listing of the disc displayed?

I think you're onto something.  Because when I mount the .iso file its titled "Untitled" and its doesn't even seem empty, in disk manager it looks like this. https://imgur.com/a/alKwjSi

So, I've tried to unrar it with three different softwares and everyone gives me same result. I also tried to redownload the .rar file multiple times.

Edit: Tried mounting Hexen iso and got the same result. Could it be something with me using Mac OS and it not being able to mount a win iso? Haven't experienced that before though...hm

Edited by fillilutten

The ISO is not ment to be extracted or mounted. Open your burn software and select the ISO and burn it to disc.

Mrs Google say's :

How to Burn an ISO or DMG File to Disc on Your Mac
  1. Insert a blank disc in your DVD writer.
  2. Open the folder in Finder that contains your ISO or DMG file.
  3. Right-click the file and choose "Burn Disk Image"
  4. Click Burn.
Edited by sweetdarkdestiny
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, fillilutten said:

I think you're onto something.  Because when I mount the .iso file its titled "Untitled" and its doesn't even seem empty, in disk manager it looks like this. https://imgur.com/a/alKwjSi

So, I've tried to unrar it with three different softwares and everyone gives me same result. I also tried to redownload the .rar file multiple times.

Edit: Tried mounting Hexen iso and got the same result. Could it be something with me using Mac OS and it not being able to mount a win iso? Haven't experienced that before though...hm

An Xbox ISO, aka XISO, file is not a standard ISO9660 disc image and cannot be opened or mounted by most file managers on PCs or Macs.

You need to select the burn image to disc option to write the disc image, dot iso file, to DVD-R media.  Place it in the Xbox's DVD drive and power cycle, off then on again, the console to boot it.